Groups

Xbox360 Benq FW Flashing EPICRAGE

been trying for the last 10 hours to flash it... im obviously a massive fail

can any one help at all? i have a Benq drive.

managed to make a "bootable usb" with iprep but will not boot...
    made a bootable cdwith ntfs4dos, boots but just hangs when i click and option.
    so stuck and its driving me crazy! basically all ive managed to do is open the xbox which is a joke

20 Comments

I'm still to flash my own BenQ drive, but something maybe worth using for you is the Hiren USB boot utility disk. Search the torrent networks and you'll find it. Along with other useful features, it grants you the ability to boot into a fairly stnadard DOS environment. If you happen to have an old spare IDE harddisk kicking about, you can even install DOS and run a nice, genuine DOS OS if that would help at all. It's what I'm thinking of doing, anyway. I've been having a nightmare of a time flashing my spare Western Digital harddisk witht he Xbox firmware, too.

You tried jungle flasher? no need for booting into dos can be done from within windows. I'll be trying it later myself.

harlzter;4617361

You tried jungle flasher? no need for booting into dos can be done from … You tried jungle flasher? no need for booting into dos can be done from within windows. I'll be trying it later myself.

I've recently flashed my benq drive using jungle flasher, it was really easy. All done from within windows, no need to reboot pc, no need to power xbox on and off and can be done with the xbox dvd drive closed.

spaced;4618200

I've recently flashed my benq drive using jungle flasher, it was really … I've recently flashed my benq drive using jungle flasher, it was really easy. All done from within windows, no need to reboot pc, no need to power xbox on and off and can be done with the xbox dvd drive closed.

Is it right you dont need the specific sat chipset for this like you do with iextreme?

harlzter;4618577

Is it right you dont need the specific sat chipset for this like you do … Is it right you dont need the specific sat chipset for this like you do with iextreme?

I just did my Hitachi last night... I tried it last week with a standard USB-SATA connector which didnt recognise the drive... so i bought a SATA Serial DOS Bootable PCI for XBOX VIA VT6421A 6421 from fleabay for £8.

Used Jungleflasher and it worked a treat :thumbsup:

harlzter;4618577

Is it right you dont need the specific sat chipset for this like you do … Is it right you dont need the specific sat chipset for this like you do with iextreme?

Its the ixtreme firmware that you are flashing your drive with and you need the specific sata chipset. I picked a pci sata card off of ebay for 4.99 delivered.

Have to do this for my Hitachi but I need to flash it to original firmware first I think.

Abvance;4618798

Have to do this for my Hitachi but I need to flash it to original … Have to do this for my Hitachi but I need to flash it to original firmware first I think.

Yes you do, but everything you need is included in the jungle flasher (inc orig firmware)

Babbabooey;4618817

Yes you do, but everything you need is included in the jungle flasher … Yes you do, but everything you need is included in the jungle flasher (inc orig firmware)

i'm not sure about hitachi drives but isn't the original firmare unique to your dvd drive and jungle flasher extracts your original firmware from your drive which you can save?

spaced;4619021

i'm not sure about hitachi drives but isn't the original firmare unique … i'm not sure about hitachi drives but isn't the original firmare unique to your dvd drive and jungle flasher extracts your original firmware from your drive which you can save?

Jungleflasher extracts your "current" firmware, which is not necesarily "stock/original".
    It comes with "original" firmware which you flash back to the drive, and then you reflash again with the ixtreme.

Babbabooey;4619300

Jungleflasher extracts your "current" firmware, which is not necesarily … Jungleflasher extracts your "current" firmware, which is not necesarily "stock/original".It comes with "original" firmware which you flash back to the drive, and then you reflash again with the ixtreme.

OK, but I still have my original firmware, is it better to use that?

Abvance;4619353

OK, but I still have my original firmware, is it better to use that?

I wouldn't think it makes any difference, it will only be back on your drive for literally 30 seconds before you reflash it anyway. I didn't have my original firmware so I used the ones provided by jungleflasher and it worked just fine.

Babbabooey;4619300

Jungleflasher extracts your "current" firmware, which is not necesarily … Jungleflasher extracts your "current" firmware, which is not necesarily "stock/original".It comes with "original" firmware which you flash back to the drive, and then you reflash again with the ixtreme.

Ok understood but the original firmware that comes with jungle flasher won't contain your dvd drives unique key?

spaced;4619383

Ok understood but the original firmware that comes with jungle flasher … Ok understood but the original firmware that comes with jungle flasher won't contain your dvd drives unique key?

No, but the firmware that is currently on the drive does, and it stores that. :thumbsup:
    Trust me, it works.

Original Poster

spaced;4618200

I've recently flashed my benq drive using jungle flasher, it was really … I've recently flashed my benq drive using jungle flasher, it was really easy. All done from within windows, no need to reboot pc, no need to power xbox on and off and can be done with the xbox dvd drive closed.

did you buy a via sata chipset? i just tried to use jungle flasher but the drive will not appear in the menu... i set up an old nforce 3 chipset mobo just for flashing and still no luck

jackvdbuk;4620646

did you buy a via sata chipset? i just tried to use jungle flasher but … did you buy a via sata chipset? i just tried to use jungle flasher but the drive will not appear in the menu... i set up an old nforce 3 chipset mobo just for flashing and still no luck

seasoned flasher here :giggle: I hang out at all the parks

Only used jungle flasher to flash lite-ons so far, and the newest jungle flasher works brilliantly, i use a via vt6421 raid card, and i use an xecutor pro 3 connectivity kit.

are you trying to flash a hitachi, if so what revision is the drive 47dj, 57, 59, etc

jackvdbuk;4620646

did you buy a via sata chipset? i just tried to use jungle flasher but … did you buy a via sata chipset? i just tried to use jungle flasher but the drive will not appear in the menu... i set up an old nforce 3 chipset mobo just for flashing and still no luck

Did you install PortIO32?

ah just read ur flashing a benq, sorry been up since 5.30am, get yourself a via vt6421 card off ebay, benqs are the easiest drive to flash

Original Poster

fwibble;4620889

ah just read ur flashing a benq, sorry been up since 5.30am, get yourself … ah just read ur flashing a benq, sorry been up since 5.30am, get yourself a via vt6421 card off ebay, benqs are the easiest drive to flash

good to hear! yeah buying one today should get it soon hopefully

spaced, how do you know if portio is installed? i clicked a file but not sure if it worked!

when you double click on the portio exe it opens a dos box and tells you if it is up and running (or not).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions