Groups

XBOX360 - Display Setting

Hello,

On my display settings it shows 1080p + A

Anyone know what the A means?

Thanks

18 Comments

Just did a quick google search and found nothing, i'm not really sure, but you sure the A doesnt represent the hdmi channel you using? as in HDMI A, HDMI B ? that's just a guess

Original Poster

punji;7696067

Just did a quick google search and found nothing, i'm not really sure, … Just did a quick google search and found nothing, i'm not really sure, but you sure the A doesnt represent the hdmi channel you using? as in HDMI A, HDMI B ? that's just a guess

yeah I googled it to, but to no avail
    I'll change the HDMI port tot he 2nd one and see if it changes.. back soon

Tanchi;7696084

yeah I googled it to, but to no avail I'll change the HDMI port tot he … yeah I googled it to, but to no avail I'll change the HDMI port tot he 2nd one and see if it changes.. back soon

cool, let me know how you get on,

Original Poster

hmm nope still says "HDMI+A"

Also, a quick question, which is better 1080[COLOR="Red"]i[/COLOR] or 1080[COLOR="Red"]p[/COLOR]?

p is better

p, that's full HD

Do you have a 1080p TV though? I get confused over what should do the upscaling if you don't

Tanchi;7696123

hmm nope still says "HDMI+A"Also, a quick question, which is better … hmm nope still says "HDMI+A"Also, a quick question, which is better 1080[COLOR="Red"]i[/COLOR] or 1080[COLOR="Red"]p[/COLOR]?

1080p is the better.

Original Poster

sancho1983;7696149

p, that's full HDDo you have a 1080p TV though? I get confused over what … p, that's full HDDo you have a 1080p TV though? I get confused over what should do the upscaling if you don't

im not sure if its full HD, is there a way to find out?

In the xbox settings its set to 1080p

Original Poster

The TV is a 42" LG - 42PT85

If that helps?

]Linky

Tanchi;7696165

im not sure if its full HD, is there a way to find out?In the xbox … im not sure if its full HD, is there a way to find out?In the xbox settings its set to 1080p

ummm tap in the model of your tv into yahoo or google it should say whether or not its 'p' or 'i'.

And as all the others have said, p is better

Since i dont have 1080p, but do have 1080i, ive set my xbox to 720p as this is better than 1080i

Tanchi;7696195

The TV is a 42" LG - 42PT85If that helps?]Linky

no, not 1080p

the highest that you can set it to is 720p

Original Poster

its set to 1080p atm and seems to be displaying correctly, ill try 780p and see if it improves

Tanchi;7696234

its set to 1080p atm and seems to be displaying correctly, ill try 780p … its set to 1080p atm and seems to be displaying correctly, ill try 780p and see if it improves

sometimes it will still work, but it wont be displaying the grapics at its full potential. i think if u set it to 1080p it will only output 1080i in reality, this is the same case with my ps3 aswell, so i just always set it to 720p, youll notice the difference

Original Poster

punji;7696249

sometimes it will still work, but it wont be displaying the grapics at … sometimes it will still work, but it wont be displaying the grapics at its full potential. i think if u set it to 1080p it will only output 1080i in reality, this is the same case with my ps3 aswell, so i just always set it to 720p, youll notice the difference

just changed it to 720, and it looks worse lol.

Tanchi;7696262

just changed it to 720, and it looks worse lol.

lol, worse? are you sure your using a hdmi cable?? it's crisp when i set it to that.

Well, from the spec of your tv it does say 720p which is the best picture your going to get, but since your saying its worse erm.. i guess the 1080 is your best bet then, just ignore the A..

Original Poster

punji;7696298

lol, worse? are you sure your using a hdmi cable?? it's crisp when i set … lol, worse? are you sure your using a hdmi cable?? it's crisp when i set it to that.Well, from the spec of your tv it does say 720p which is the best picture your going to get, but since your saying its worse erm.. i guess the 1080 is your best bet then, just ignore the A..

yeah haha, 1080 looks more crisp and clear, colours are more vibrant too.
    720 just darkens the picture and stright lines have jagged edges in them

Looks like the +A is still a mystery lol

Thanks for help

Reped.

Tanchi;7696315

yeah haha, 1080 looks more crisp and clear, colours are more vibrant … yeah haha, 1080 looks more crisp and clear, colours are more vibrant too.720 just darkens the picture and stright lines have jagged edges in them :(Looks like the +A is still a mystery lolThanks for helpReped.

no probs, glad to help (lol well tried).

Tanchi;7696315

yeah haha, 1080 looks more crisp and clear, colours are more vibrant … yeah haha, 1080 looks more crisp and clear, colours are more vibrant too.720 just darkens the picture and stright lines have jagged edges in them

Scaling the picture up and then down again could well be acting as a kind of AA to get rid of the jaggies, I'm not sure what the darkening is caused by though.

Are you sending the sound over the HDMI cable? The +A could signify audio.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271383
      2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918

See more discussions