Xbox360 Live

Hi, my son has an xbox360 arcade (11 months old) and wants to now go onto xbox live.

Would it better to buy a brand new xbox with the harddrive or just buy the separate bits of kit (?) that are needed to enable his arcade to go online?

Any ideas / guidance would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to spend loads upgrading an arcade when it might make more sense to start afresh.

Thank you

5 Comments

You can get a hard drive for about £20.

The xbox subscription is as low as £26.

Then either a ethernet cable to connect to the internet or a wifi adapter which should be coming down in price soon.

Thats all you need to get online.

You would be better off buying a hard drive on its own. this would be more than adequate for the xbox live needs should he wish to download the odd game demo or xbox live arcade game.

20gb would fill up pretty quick though so if you want to store several games then theres the 60gb hard drive.

other than the hard drive you would need a means to physically connect the xbox360 to the internet, either a network cable or a wireless xbox360 adaptor would do the trick....the network cable is far cheaper than the wireless adaptor though.

The above will allow him to connect to xbox live as a silver member, meaning that he would be able to chat to his friends on it and download demos but not actually play full online player games. Silver membership is free.

To play other players in online games, you will need an xbox live 360 Gold membership. These can be purchased for around £35 for a 12 month subscription.

Haven't you already posted this a few weeks/months back? pretty sure I've seen an identical thread before

All of the above info is correct, although I wouldn't pay more than £30 for a year's xbl.

benwoodcock;6376583

Haven't you already posted this a few weeks/months back? pretty sure I've … Haven't you already posted this a few weeks/months back? pretty sure I've seen an identical thread before ;)All of the above info is correct, although I wouldn't pay more than £30 for a year's xbl.

This. >> hotukdeals.com/ite…430

So the OP has asked 2 separate questions almost a YEAR apart about the xbox 360.....are we going to hound him for it or are we going to do the right thing and give him a helpful answer?

Good god...considering the "usual suspects" on here who post nothing but drivel almost on a daily basis....."how do i tie my showlaces?" type nonsense......

if you cant help the OP then dont spoil the thread
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    3. What an absolute disgrace2150
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions