XBox360 modifying box?

Got my son an XBOX360 but rather than having it modified, I have heard that there is another piece of kit that you can get to plug in that will play copied games (like the one for PS2's).

Had a search on net but cannot find anything. Anyone know what it is, how much it costs and where I may be able to get one?

5 Comments

called xtreme firmware upgrade.

got one myself! search the internet and you will find outlets that will do the upgrade on your behalf.

the following place charges £34.99 plus courier costs.

gameworlddirect.co.uk/ind…954

Never understood chipping 360s myself, I mean if you are opening the 360 up you are voiding the warranty - so why not just flash the drive with the firmware instead of installing a firmware chip which does the exact same thing?

Do they have extra features the xtreme firmware doesn't have?

unfortunately even flashing the drive with xtreme voids the warranty :-(

this is because it requires the dvd drive to be taken out of the 360 and thus opening the 360 and removing the warranty stickers.

you need to take the drive out to flash the firmware?!? that sounds a little strange

i don't have to open my computer to flash the motherboard bios, or open up my router to flash that bios...

Reaps

you need to take the drive out to flash the firmware?!? that sounds a … you need to take the drive out to flash the firmware?!? that sounds a little strangei don't have to open my computer to flash the motherboard bios, or open up my router to flash that bios...

yes........this is because you are not flashing the Xbox 360 dashboard firmware. Instead the dvd drive firmware is flashed. On the 360 it is the dvd drive which has the firmware to determine if the game is an original and the only way of flashing it is by removing it.

A loop hole which Old Bill forgot about :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710

See more discussions