XBOX360 & SKY PLAYER ! (Question !)

Found 7th Nov 2009
Can anyone help here ?

Basically Mum has full Sky package at her address.... (No 360 etc)

I have a 360 in my house (All wireless etc) Do you think it would be possible to use all her details (Account, Viewing card info etc) and sign up so I can use the 360 Sky player here etc...

I have had no Sky for a couple of years now and just a thought....

I realise I would need a Gold membership etc, also my Mum's Sky is not connected to phoneline etc if this would make a difference (I dont know)

Any info would be good

maxmix

18 Comments

i think u need multiroom subscription

Original Poster

jasonrat;6806074

i think u need multiroom subscription

Hi M8

Why would you need that ? Any reason etc I never noticed that on the sign up page (I have not entered any details yet etc)

maxmix

i heard that you need either sky broadband or multiroom to get it free

To access the stuff for free the sky account either needs to have multiroom or sky broadband otherwise its a monthly fee or on demand payments.

To log in to sky player i believe you have to have the login details for their sky.com account, which would be sent along with the broadband registration pack or by registering on their website with viewing card no./pin etc.

Only one 360 can be registered per account and i'd guess you do this online once logged in with sky.com details.

Original Poster

Well it is sounding a bit better for me (Maybe) She has Sky BB and her telephone is also through Sky...

Do you think I could wangle it ?

maxmix

maxmix;6806386

Well it is sounding a bit better for me (Maybe) She has Sky BB and her … Well it is sounding a bit better for me (Maybe) She has Sky BB and her telephone is also through Sky...Do you think I could wangle it ?maxmix

possibly,just sign up to sky.com if you havent already and use those login details.

I wouldn't bother - it's terrible - connection is bad.

t0mm;6806421

I wouldn't bother - it's terrible - connection is bad.

probably your connection that's bad. it's working fine for me and has been all week. streamed films, on demand football highlights, live sport and it's never had to buffer once on high quality. and that's through wireless.

the high quality isn't actually high though...it's low quality encoding, but it's costing me nowt but a couple of beers thanks to some generous friends so who am i to complain? nice addition to the xbox family i think.

To access the normal channels you just need a sky sccount that is signed up for sky player. For subscription channels you need sky bb or multiroom. If she has sky BB i think you might have a chance.

cristoff;6806613

probably your connection that's bad. it's working fine for me and has … probably your connection that's bad. it's working fine for me and has been all week. streamed films, on demand football highlights, live sport and it's never had to buffer once on high quality. and that's through wireless.the high quality isn't actually high though...it's low quality encoding, but it's costing me nowt but a couple of beers thanks to some generous friends so who am i to complain? nice addition to the xbox family i think.

I havent used it, i know three friends who've had it, and had many messages on XBL saying its bad.

One friend is on Virgin 50MB and its jittery, i considering he gets his 50Mbit downloads and 2Mbit(i think) uploads, it should be fine considering hes over the recommended.

I don't have multi room but have sky world package, I get lods of free on demand stuff from sky movies and sky sports plus some stuff from other channels. Also got a free months sky player with the code, don't really see the point as my xbox is sat next to my sky. You can use soeone else account, my brothers do this. But you can only register one xbox

Original Poster

stewby;6806820

To access the normal channels you just need a sky sccount that is signed … To access the normal channels you just need a sky sccount that is signed up for sky player. For subscription channels you need sky bb or multiroom. If she has sky BB i think you might have a chance.

I'll check with her and give it a go next week, I am on holiday tonight until the end of next week so no chance until then.... I'll just need to find a cheap Gold membership now...

Thanks guys....

@ Cristoff..... Sounds good I know they had trouble in the 1st few days, but I though Sky had fixed this... BTW If it's free quality is not an issue lol

maxmix

The way it works is by signing up to Sky Player.
You sign up with the viewing card details and the sky player account gives you access to whatever packages that are subscribed to.

If your mum doesnt have Multiroom or Max broadband on her account then you will not be able to watch LIVE tv, however you will get all the on demand content for what your mum subscribes to.

Dont forget quidco at £15 for sky player if you are not a new customer but want to watch through your xbox.

3monthfor2 code as well.

goto the my sky website and redeem this code SKYXBOX1MTH there for a free month. (channels will depend on package subscribed too)

Original Poster

Anyone tried this yet with an Xbox at a different address and with another ISP, Dont want to buy a gold membership lol and it does not work !

maxmix

You will be able to get the following using your mums details;

- All the 'On demand" services
- Sky1 live stream

The on demand services are great, theres actually hundreds of movies on there, its like blockbuster, but free (well will be for you since its your mums) That feature alone makes it great..

Have fun with it - GL getting it all set up

Bigpoppaad

There is no sky1 live stream, you can get on demand sports previous footy games, boxing and other stuff as well as on demand movies, some shows from nat geo, history, real lives.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75857
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions