Groups
    EXPIRED

Xbxox 360 official battery pack - stock anwyhere?

As the title states, anyone know of any well-known, reputable shops that have stock of offical xbox 360 rechargable battery packs? I can only find the play and charge kits (cheapest £12.99), but I just need a new battery.....

6 Comments

I was in the same predicament and didn't want to pay 13 quid on a battery and play n charge so I went on fleabay and paid 1.74 for a battery shell that you can fill with 2 AA batteries in it. Works fine for me!

Interesting.. you seem to be right. Even microsoft's official store doesn't have them.

I wonder if they've been discontinued - will try and find out for you

Edit: It's still listed on xbox.com, but absolutely nowhere seems to have stock. I doubt anyone at the xbox office will get back to me today, but i'll let you know once they do

Original Poster

Cheers guys.

I still have the original battery compartment somewhere that I could put rechargable batteries in, but I prefer the ease of using the play and charge kit....

I can't see why they would be discontinued but it's weird how there doesn't appear to be any about - if only I'd known I could've stocked up when the Zavvi stores were closing down!

mac_d;8291855

Cheers guys. I still have the original battery compartment somewhere that … Cheers guys. I still have the original battery compartment somewhere that I could put rechargable batteries in, but I prefer the ease of using the play and charge kit.... I can't see why they would be discontinued but it's weird how there doesn't appear to be any about - if only I'd known I could've stocked up when the Zavvi stores were closing down!

Dealextreme is awesome for things like these..

dealextreme.com/det…461

Just find some batteries for the time being while they're on the way

Dealextreme is awesome for things like these..

dealextreme.com/det…461

Just find some batteries for the time being while they're on the way :P

Original Poster

Yep dealextreme has it's uses, but not for the official xbox battery pack.

Cheers anyway but while it may be better than using AA batteries..... a couple of the comments from the dealextreme site:

"Cons: off color from xbox controller. also the fit is not very good it looks a little cheap"

"amazing deal for under 5 dollars........ if you already own a OEM Play and Charge, it doesnt look that good comparing it"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 4K TV Deals?33
      2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?69
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming11
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA89

See more discussions