Xiaomi home automation thread

Found 15th Mar
Hey everyone

I was just messing about with the Mi app yesterday, as I've got yeelights connected to it. Noticed that the automation options now show up in English, as previously they were in Chinese only. Also noticed more servers have been added.

Can anyone with the hub and sensors please let me know if the automated options for the hub is also now showing in full English and not Chinese only.

Previously the automated options were in Chinese only hence my hub and sensors are still in the box as it got frustrating trying to work everything out.

There was a big update on the app yesterday and its after that I noticed in the Mi app, more servers Inc USA option and the English language for the automation options.

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I'm still trying to get my Xiamio defang smart camera to work with iOS, tried all last night and just couldn't get it to work no matter what options I tried.

China server, uninstall, reinstall etc...
Hallsie4 m ago

I'm still trying to get my Xiamio defang smart camera to work with iOS, …I'm still trying to get my Xiamio defang smart camera to work with iOS, tried all last night and just couldn't get it to work no matter what options I tried.China server, uninstall, reinstall etc...

Have the other servers not showed up on the Mi app? I've got a whole load of servers now showing, but went for USA as that was bracketed with 'recommended'
I only just received it yesterday so I don’t know what the old app looked like. I have access to USA, China, europe, Singapore etc but none of them will let my camera initialise 😞😬
Just had two motion sensors delivered today. I've added these to the hub and when setting up a scene the options are in English. But when I look at a previous sensor I set up a few weeks ago the options are still in Chinese - so might try to delete this sensor and re-pair later!

Edit - I'm still on the recommended 'original server' which I think was Singapore??
Edited by: "Van1973" 15th Mar
Van19734 h, 40 m ago

Just had two motion sensors delivered today. I've added these to the hub …Just had two motion sensors delivered today. I've added these to the hub and when setting up a scene the options are in English. But when I look at a previous sensor I set up a few weeks ago the options are still in Chinese - so might try to delete this sensor and re-pair later!Edit - I'm still on the recommended 'original server' which I think was Singapore??

The original server is China. All of the xiaomi devices show up on that server. When you go to the recommended USA server I only get about 6 devices which can be added for automation. The gateway and the sensors have not been added yet.

When I switch to the China server, all the options revert back to Chinese
Van19734 h, 42 m ago

Just had two motion sensors delivered today. I've added these to the hub …Just had two motion sensors delivered today. I've added these to the hub and when setting up a scene the options are in English. But when I look at a previous sensor I set up a few weeks ago the options are still in Chinese - so might try to delete this sensor and re-pair later!Edit - I'm still on the recommended 'original server' which I think was Singapore??

Am I right in thinking you nerd the gateway for the sensors to work?
EN1GMA18 m ago

Am I right in thinking you nerd the gateway for the sensors to work?

Yes (gateway that I was calling the 'hub'). I believe they also work with the Smartthings hub (after some programming).

I think you are right - I must be on the Chinese server - how do I tell what server I'm on, can't find how to tell or change the server?
Right, so just set up the gateway to the Chinese server and yes, did an update and everything is in English!!
Van197311 m ago

Yes (gateway that I was calling the 'hub'). I believe they also work …Yes (gateway that I was calling the 'hub'). I believe they also work with the Smartthings hub (after some programming).I think you are right - I must be on the Chinese server - how do I tell what server I'm on, can't find how to tell or change the server?

Go into settings page and at the bottom there is the server option which tells you the name of the server you are on.

So the Chinese server has all the devices and now options are in English.
EN1GMA19 m ago

Go into settings page and at the bottom there is the server option which …Go into settings page and at the bottom there is the server option which tells you the name of the server you are on.So the Chinese server has all the devices and now options are in English.

Thanks - I was on Mainland China! Also noticed the language option - have now chosen "English" - was on "Default" previously.

Had a play changing servers, tried both USA and Europe. Switched back to Mainland China and most options are in English but my V2 PIR Sensor (Aqara??) is still showing some Chinese Language. The older V1 PIRs that arrived today are all in English.

Need to buy some Xiaomi lights now - I now have 3 PIR sensors, temperature & humidity as well as the manual switch buy only the gateway that will take action when a sensor is triggered.

Might be worth putting "Xiaomi" in the title of this thread if you can edit it as it may appear on the keyword trigger of some of the Xiaomi 'experts' for them comment!
Van19731 h, 36 m ago

Thanks - I was on Mainland China! Also noticed the language option - …Thanks - I was on Mainland China! Also noticed the language option - have now chosen "English" - was on "Default" previously. Had a play changing servers, tried both USA and Europe. Switched back to Mainland China and most options are in English but my V2 PIR Sensor (Aqara??) is still showing some Chinese Language. The older V1 PIRs that arrived today are all in English. Need to buy some Xiaomi lights now - I now have 3 PIR sensors, temperature & humidity as well as the manual switch buy only the gateway that will take action when a sensor is triggered.Might be worth putting "Xiaomi" in the title of this thread if you can edit it as it may appear on the keyword trigger of some of the Xiaomi 'experts' for them comment!

After having a motion sensor, door sensors and hub for over 3 months, I've just got everything working today

The English language helps

I've been pestering them over social media to get their act together about language especially and I'm hoping that's what got them into gear lol

The aqara sensors (door and motion) still have all the options in Chinese which I've fed back to them. Used Google translate to make them work.

And already have 2 yeelights which I've set up with the motion sensor and working like a treat.

I love xiaomi stuff. They just need to get their international market customers sorted with updates.
Finally got mine connected. Not sure if it was reading the QR properly or not but kept trying and works fine now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants