Xiaomi Mi 5 phones

Found 24th Feb 2016
Community Updates
12 Comments
Yes, it looks rather good wonder what price someone in the UK will be able to get this for? $305 (£219) would be excellent!

Mi 5 Pro – Snapdragon 820 (2.15GHz), 128GB flash, 4GB RAM, ceramic back: $360 (without sales tax), $410 (as direct conversion)
Mi 5 64 – Snapdragon 820 (2.15GHz), 64GB flash, 3D glass back: $310 (without sales tax), $350 (as direct conversion)
Mi 5 32 – Snapdragon 820 (1.8GHz), 32GB flash, 3GB RAM, 3D glass back: $265 (without sales tax), $305 (as direct conversion)
I have a mi4c and im about 60/30 if i would buy again.

Its a phenomenal phone for the price... But xiaomi constantly refuse to comply with gpl and don't release the sources for their phones. Miui is a bit bloated and maze like for me too (although i run a flashed cm build).

Now they are releasing their devices with locked bootloaders which are a pain to unlock.
Original Poster
Jetpac

I have a mi4c and im about 60/30 if i would buy again. Its a phenomenal … I have a mi4c and im about 60/30 if i would buy again. Its a phenomenal phone for the price... But xiaomi constantly refuse to comply with gpl and don't release the sources for their phones. Miui is a bit bloated and maze like for me too (although i run a flashed cm build).Now they are releasing their devices with locked bootloaders which are a pain to unlock.

Does the weekly build have bloatware?
I didn't know that they started to lock the bootloader.
iDealYou

Does the weekly build have bloatware?I didn't know that they started to … Does the weekly build have bloatware?I didn't know that they started to lock the bootloader.

I switched straight away to the SMIUI kitchen rom (strips all the crap out of the rom and streamlines it)
then just couldn't abide with miui and luckily there has been some cyanogenmod unofficial development (as kernel sources STILL haven't been released).

Yea they started locking the bootloader on new devices and to unlock you have to have a miui account and be a member of their crappy forums. It can then take up to 3 weeks to get an unlock code.
really want one of these.

looks like the cheapest you can get the pro version right now is £380 delivered to your door (including import duty insurance - it'll be more like £360 if you want to risk the import duty yourself).

i'm also nervous about the bootloader and being locked in. i'm running miui on my oneplus one now and its great, but its rooted so I've been able to remove all the crap from it. that would be enough for me as with the crap gone I really like the ROM.

will hold fire for a few weeks and see how others get on with unlocking I think.
Original Poster
djbenny1

really want one of these.looks like the cheapest you can get the pro … really want one of these.looks like the cheapest you can get the pro version right now is £380 delivered to your door (including import duty insurance - it'll be more like £360 if you want to risk the import duty yourself).i'm also nervous about the bootloader and being locked in. i'm running miui on my oneplus one now and its great, but its rooted so I've been able to remove all the crap from it. that would be enough for me as with the crap gone I really like the ROM.will hold fire for a few weeks and see how others get on with unlocking I think.

The pro is also my target. £380 is a very good price, where do you see this?
I'm waiting for more reviews to come online.
iDealYou

The pro is also my target. £380 is a very good price, where do you see … The pro is also my target. £380 is a very good price, where do you see this?I'm waiting for more reviews to come online.

ibuygou.com/p-x…tml
djbenny1

https://www.ibuygou.com/p-xiaomi-mi5-qualcomm-snapdragon-820-215ghz-4gb-ram-128gb-rom-7315.html

+ $38 in shipping and duty insurance.
SilverBlack

+ $38 in shipping and duty insurance.

exactly - included in the £380 I calculated above...
Jetpac

I switched straight away to the SMIUI kitchen rom (strips all the crap … I switched straight away to the SMIUI kitchen rom (strips all the crap out of the rom and streamlines it)then just couldn't abide with miui and luckily there has been some cyanogenmod unofficial development (as kernel sources STILL haven't been released).Yea they started locking the bootloader on new devices and to unlock you have to have a miui account and be a member of their crappy forums. It can then take up to 3 weeks to get an unlock code.

How can you avoit bootloading lock?
How avoid bootlocking?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants