Xiaomi Mi A1, Question about sim slots and what one to use

Found 30th Dec 2017
Well what seems like years my Mi A1 has finally turned up, and i want tpo use both sim slots I know only a single sim slot uses 4G, can anyone shed some light on what slot does one and should i use 1 or 2 as may main slot.

All1
Community Updates
AskElectronics
8 Comments
When did you order I'm still waiting for mine... Think slot 1 mate
If it's like the Note 4 which I imagine it will be, both slots support 4G just only one at a time, whichever you set as the data sim will have 4g.
Slot 1 is for 4g. Slot 2 is for sd card or second sim which will be for 3g only
wayners1 m ago

Slot 1 is for 4g. Slot 2 is for sd card or second sim which will be for 3g …Slot 1 is for 4g. Slot 2 is for sd card or second sim which will be for 3g only

Do you have anything to back that up? The Redmi Note 4 is 4G in either, I doubt they downgraded for the Mi A1.
dcx_badass11 m ago

Do you have anything to back that up? The Redmi Note 4 is 4G in either, I …Do you have anything to back that up? The Redmi Note 4 is 4G in either, I doubt they downgraded for the Mi A1.

No. Just assumed that was standard across phones. Maybe I'm wrong then. I also thought it reduces battery life with both sims on. Just looked it up and you can have 4g on both sims slots but not at the same time.. So I'm kind of right.
Edited by: "wayners" 30th Dec 2017
i do remember reading one sim is 4G and the other is 3G ONLY but i can't find that review anywhere, having said that just looked at the bit of paper that comes with it and it says the foolowing:
"SIM CARD TRAY
Tray 1 Supports Nano-Sim Card
Tray 2 Supports Nano-Sim Card/Micro SD Card
ABOUT DUAL SIM:
When 2 sims are in use, one sim will offer 4G/3G/2G, while the other will only offer 3G/2G"

However it fails to tell you which sim will offer the 4G, I'm guessing it will be SIM1 but i'll do some hunting for reviews on it and see what i can fine.

@ oliverkennedy10 I bought mine on the 25th Nov from Geekbuying with no special del just cheap smple del option, I have been doing my nuts with them as it's been in the uk for at least 2 weeks according to them and nothing here untill this morning and i got no extra charges from customs etc

All1
While digging i came across an intresting youtube video HERE where it shows you how to have 2 sims PLUS a Micro SD Card all at the same time, never done anything like this myself but found it intresting.

All1
Like I already said, whichever sim you set as the data sim will have 4G.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants