Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite no Android 10 update yet

Posted 28th Jan
This phone is part of the Android One program sold on the basis that you will get two 'Droid updates. Phone launched summer 2018 I bought mine early Dec 18 and shortly after it updated to Android 9 Pie.

Rumour is Xiaomi are having second thoughts about updating to Android 10. If they don't I'll be asking eBuyer for a full refund.

Any other owners care to comment ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Xiaomi owner here, I'm on Android 10. Apperently according to some sites there seems to be battery issues when updated to Android 10. Fortunately I'm not one. Maybe they are holding it back till they sort the issue? I maybe completely wrong tho lol
Are we completely within our rights to ask for a full refund? I know we purchased the product because it was on Android One but is it the merchant we purchased from obliged to deal with it or the manufacturer?
XA2L user here. That's a thing to do if they decided that. I bought mine on the basis of the specs & updates to Android One. Could have gone XA2 but decided against that due to OS. Not sure if I'll buy my next phone with Xioami.
Darkraiser28/01/2020 21:45

Are we completely within our rights to ask for a full refund? I know we …Are we completely within our rights to ask for a full refund? I know we purchased the product because it was on Android One but is it the merchant we purchased from obliged to deal with it or the manufacturer?

Clear cut I think - Trade Descriptions Act
I doubt Xiaomi would break the terms of the Android one program as all their phones run on Android in one form or another so they'll want to avoid any bad blood with Google.
I actually got a update last night for mine thinking it was Android 10.
But nope just another patch, wonder why they're still pushing patches then.
Interested to hear also what plan is for future
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants