Groups

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 vs Lenovo HW01 Smart Sport watch - which is better?

I'm looking for a activity/fitness band. I see the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 and the Lenovo HW01 Smart Sport watch have received high temperatures on here but I would like to know which is better, the better purchase?

By better I mean, which is more accurate with the readings, which has the better components, which looks better?

Do the bands come in different wrist sizes?

If you know of any other bands that are better please let me know?
    I see Fitbit bands are about £80 and then there are the Garmins, etc.. that come in around £150 upwards. I'm not sure if I'll take to a fitness band hence wanting to go cheap but if there is a band for few quid more than is considerably better do let me know.

Also are there any voucher codes currently active for the bands?

Many thanks in advance.

13 Comments

Do they work with iphone

puddles9999

Do they work with iphone

​Yes

I honestly think the only difference you'll find is aesthetic. They both have very similar functions and will both be accurate enough. The lenovo has a larger screen. I like my Xiaomi because it's small and unobtrusive

Original Poster

r4t - thanks for the video. Interesting how the Lenovo has a bigger battery but considerably less battery life. It's not like there is much difference in the screen size.

I think xiaomi has more developer support on play store.

nad12

Interesting how the Lenovo has a bigger battery but considerably less … Interesting how the Lenovo has a bigger battery but considerably less battery life. It's not like there is much difference in the screen size.

You're probably thinking in terms of size of the front face. However this is not representative of the size of the actual screens that each are powering. The Lenovo has a 0.92" screen. The MI Band 2 has a 0.42" screen. Screen size is diagonal measurement, which would mean the area of the Lenovo screen is larger than four MI Band 2 screens combined. That's a big difference and might explain why the Lenovo has a standby time rating of about a third of the MI Band 2 despite having a 21% larger battery.

I have the Mi band 2 and it is an excellent piece of kit but a lot (mine included) over the last month have been having issues connecting with bluetooth to the phone so something to be wary off. Still can't get mine to connect to the phone and support is none existent from the company.

Original Poster

Do you think the Lenovo band from eBay for £18, from Shenzhen, would be a fake or a legit device? Would prefer to purchase from eBay than gear best.

Original Poster

Went with gearbest if the end. Thanks all for your contributions.

bought lenovo and i am very happy with it. but has anyone know how sleep monitoring works. its not registering when i sleep during the day after night shifts

I have the mi band 2 and been using for about 7 months. Battery lasts over a month. Heart rate monitor had problems working but a recent update fixed that. I have a xiaomi phone to and no problem with Bluetooth connection. Not sure how accurate but results are repeatable: can see footstep qty similar each day on same trip. Syncs data with phone so you can see results on watch or phone. Display text is small though and I don't have perfect eyesight anymore so need my reading glasses sometimes. Vibrating for messages and calls works well. Bought a metal strap for office time (£5). Cheap accessories are out there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. buy to let mortgage22
      2. Virgin media sign up68
      3. Xiaomi phones46
      4. Cheapest Amazon Prime subscription?11

See more discussions