Groups

Xiaomi or not Xiaomi that is the question

So I'm currently in Indonesia and Xiaomi are officially on sale here, they are the best VFM option here.

I'm looking at (all local prices converted to GB£):

Redmi Note 4X 3GB/32GB Snapdragon £105 (IMX258 1/3.06" f/2.0)
    Redmi Note 4 3GB/32GB Snapdragon £108 (IMX258 1/3.06" f/2.0)
    Mi5C 3GB/64GB £150 (OV12870 1/2.9" f/2.2)
    Mi5 3GB/64GB £175 (IMX298 1/2.8" 4-axis OIS f/2.0)
    Mi5s 3GB/64GB £200 (IMX378 1/2.3" f/2.0)
    Mi5s Plus 4GB/64GB £222 (dual IMX258 1/3.06")

It looks like Mi5 or Mi5s is the way to go, but maybe there is a better deal on a different brand in the UK?

8 Comments

Bluboo S1 is on presale on 10th circa $150

Not keen on the Mi5 due to the smaller battery than Redmi note 4/4X

on aliexpress:
    The Global Redmi Note 4X 3GB/32GB Snapdragon is £95
    and Global Redmi Note 4 3GB/32GB Snapdragon £110

So the 4X is actually cheaper ordering from UK with delivery included,
    The note 4 is the same price. Im suprised i thought there would be a decent saving

Original Poster

Sandy1012

Not keen on the Mi5 due to the smaller battery than Redmi note 4/4X on … Not keen on the Mi5 due to the smaller battery than Redmi note 4/4X on aliexpress:The Global Redmi Note 4X 3GB/32GB Snapdragon is £95and Global Redmi Note 4 3GB/32GB Snapdragon £110So the 4X is actually cheaper ordering from UK with delivery included, The note 4 is the same price. Im suprised i thought there would be a decent saving

This is in Indonesia, not China, a lot of things are expensive in Indonesia due to import duties etc.

Original Poster

The Note 4/X lacks quick charge, so you are stuck charging that big battery using an old-fashioned charger.

dudedude

The Note 4/X lacks quick charge, so you are stuck charging that big … The Note 4/X lacks quick charge, so you are stuck charging that big battery using an old-fashioned charger.

Using a good charger (Anker, Aukey) the Note 4 charges suprisingly quick, its never been an issue for me
    also not so keen on quick charge as it wears out the battery quicker over time

There's no such thing as a Global 4X, it's just a Global 4.

Also all variants of the 4/4x can come with three different cameras, a Sony, a Samsung (most common) or an Omnivision.

Also I agree, with a 5v 2A charger it charges pretty quickly and the battery lasts forever.
    Edited by: "dcx_badass" 9th Jul

dcx_badass

There's no such thing as a Global 4X, it's just a Global 4.Also all … There's no such thing as a Global 4X, it's just a Global 4.Also all variants of the 4/4x can come with three different cameras, a Sony, a Samsung (most common) or an Omnivision.Also I agree, with a 5v 2A charger it charges pretty quickly and the battery lasts forever.

dcx i didnt know that about the camera's
    On aliexpress's sealed global version, isnt there the 4X version which is 5" screen snapdragon 435, and the Note 4 5.5" snapdragon 625 ?
    (I know in china the Note 4 is called 4X so its further confusing)

Sandy101212 m ago

dcx i didnt know that about the camera'sOn aliexpress's sealed global …dcx i didnt know that about the camera'sOn aliexpress's sealed global version, isnt there the 4X version which is 5" screen snapdragon 435, and the Note 4 5.5" snapdragon 625 ?(I know in china the Note 4 is called 4X so its further confusing)

Yes there is a none 'Note' Global variant which is just the Redmi 4x but that isn't in your list so I didn't mention it.

Anyway I'm pleased with my Global Note 4 (4gb/64gb), battery is great, camera is acceptable in good lighting. The problem isn't the sensors, it's poor glass/software unfortunately, they could fix it quite cheaply, it's a shame they don't.

gsmarena.com/xia…php
    Edited by: "dcx_badass" 10th Jul
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Replacement for BT Hub 522
      2. Gutters, painting11
      3. Hifi Speaker cable choice?22
      4. Anyone play memory games?11

See more discussions