Xiaomi phones

Found 21st Aug 2017
First of all, I'm a big xiaomi fan. Got their fitness bands, yeelights.

Looking to buy the xiaomi phones but seriously, of all the versions, I'm so confused as which one is a) best value for money b) which is the easiest to use out of the box.

Heard of rooting which I've never done. I'm more of a make it work out of the box guy but understand that flagship phones cost more than what I want to pay as at the end of the day, it's a phone.

Phone needs NFC as I use Android pay, use 3 and ee networks so gotta be compatible with those.

Any ideas on which is the best vfm of the recent deals

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Easy to narrow down which Xiaomi phone for you, the Xiaomi mi5 click. Buy via TCB.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 21st Aug 2017
The mi range are the flagships. Mi5 is Samsung S7 generation, Mi6 is Samsung S8 generation. The Redmi range is mid range, think Moto G5 competition but nicer build
shatteredneon9 h, 50 m ago

The mi range are the flagships. Mi5 is Samsung S7 generation, Mi6 is …The mi range are the flagships. Mi5 is Samsung S7 generation, Mi6 is Samsung S8 generation. The Redmi range is mid range, think Moto G5 competition but nicer build

Thanks for the mini explanation. its more the different variants of the redmi phone, like global version etc which confuses me.
always go with global version
Redmi phones don't come with NFC so no need to look at that range that's why I said its easy to narrow down which Xiaomi phone to get.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 22nd Aug 2017
RiverDragon817 h, 22 m ago

Redmi phones don't come with NFC so no need to look at that range that's …Redmi phones don't come with NFC so no need to look at that range that's why I said its easy to narrow down which Xiaomi phone to get.

If your looking at the Redmi Note 4. You want the Note 4 International Edition which includes Band 20. Not the Note 4X which has very similar specs but no B20.

My advice buy form Goldway on AliExpress and select standard free delivery. I've had 3 Xiaomi phones from them without a hitch.
The mi5 is a lovely phone. Bought it for my daughter and she loves it. It's a premium phone but not for the stupid prices you pay over here. I paid £220 around 6 months ago but I'm sure the prices are lower now. Was tempted to get this too but will wait as current phone still good.

I think most of the phones have international ROMs which means it does work out of the box. If you want a cheaper alternative and phablet (the mi5 is smaller but still a nice size) go for the redmi as suggested which is a very good phone (my current phone) at an unbelievable price. Dont expect the camera to be as good as premium phones if that is important to you.

Btw Chinese phones don't have the same bands as UK phones so this means you won't get 4g with every network. With 3 and ee you are fine tho.
Edited by: "Hoseman" 23rd Aug 2017
thanks for all the responses guys. really appreciate it.
Hoseman23rd Aug

The mi5 is a lovely phone. Bought it for my daughter and she loves it. …The mi5 is a lovely phone. Bought it for my daughter and she loves it. It's a premium phone but not for the stupid prices you pay over here. I paid £220 around 6 months ago but I'm sure the prices are lower now. Was tempted to get this too but will wait as current phone still good.I think most of the phones have international ROMs which means it does work out of the box. If you want a cheaper alternative and phablet (the mi5 is smaller but still a nice size) go for the redmi as suggested which is a very good phone (my current phone) at an unbelievable price. Dont expect the camera to be as good as premium phones if that is important to you.Btw Chinese phones don't have the same bands as UK phones so this means you won't get 4g with every network. With 3 and ee you are fine tho.

Next time buy the global version and not the international version if you want all networks to work on your Xiaomi phone (Band B20). Also the Redmi range DOES NOT HAVE NFC.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 25th Aug 2017
RiverDragon825th Aug

Next time buy the global version and not the international version if you …Next time buy the global version and not the international version if you want all networks to work on your Xiaomi phone (Band B20). Also the Redmi range DOES NOT HAVE NFC.

Is that right? I think 'our' mi5 is the global version. I'll check and thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants