Xiaomi phones

Posted 3rd Jun
There are so many xiaomi phones being flagged up on the site as great deals and I am very tempted but reading up reviews on xiaomi phones, it states that they are great value for money as the manufacturer runs on low profit margin.

However they have screen heating up issue as well as software bugs, especially on updates.

Anyone have xiaomi phones and can share your experience on how you have found the brand?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I have been using XIAOMi phones for last 7 years and I never had any issue. Their phones are really good value for money
I've had them for the last 3 years (miMax3 and then Mi Mix3) no problems. My (who live in HK) has use them for 6 or 7 years and has never had one fail yet.
They run cooler than the LG V series I used to have, you could cook an egg on the screen of some of them. Also, if you tried to shoot in 4k on an LG it would overheat and shut down within 10 seconds. No problems shooting 4k on the Mi Max 3...
I'm very impressed with mine - not had any overheating issues (Note7), it's very hard to beat it at the prices they sell them for. They do everything you need a phone to do well.
Wife has the mia 8 for about a year now and does my head in telling me how naffing marvellous it is.
I have had a Mi A2, Mi 8 and now a Mi 9 and all been great and no issues with bugs on updates or noticed any screen heating..

The Mi 9 is amazing - fast, fluid and takes great photos. I am tempted by the Mi 10 Pro but not at the price it is at the moment.
AgentDaleCooper03/06/2020 15:14

I have had a Mi A2, Mi 8 and now a Mi 9 and all been great and no issues …I have had a Mi A2, Mi 8 and now a Mi 9 and all been great and no issues with bugs on updates or noticed any screen heating.. The Mi 9 is amazing - fast, fluid and takes great photos. I am tempted by the Mi 10 Pro but not at the price it is at the moment.

i am tempted by the hot deal on the site for the note 9 pro at the moment, hence my question!
Mi mix 2s had for a couple of years, works perfect and still being jpdated
I own 3. Household all Xiaomi now plus others in family. Had the odd little bugs but nothing serious and all got fixed. Bugs with all software and phones but you get way more than you pay for. You should try for yourself.
Had a Mi 8 since last September - been absolutely fine, and still getting updates despite being almost a 2 year old design. And was a bargain at £250 for a 126GB storage device.
alg03/06/2020 20:58

Had a Mi 8 since last September - been absolutely fine, and still getting …Had a Mi 8 since last September - been absolutely fine, and still getting updates despite being almost a 2 year old design. And was a bargain at £250 for a 126GB storage device.

Same but don't like software prefer Huawei.
eelvis03/06/2020 22:15

Same but don't like software prefer Huawei.

i have the huawei tablet and i don't like the software on it, but i can't actually explain what it is that i don't like. i just find it annoying.

interesting you mention software on the xiaomi, i am guessing it will be different to the stock android phones like your samsung and your google pixel?
Had Huawei, android one and xiaomi but I feel my Xiaomi at ever update gets worse and it browser tries to take over everything and controlling location, battery use and security needs to be check after each update. I almost wish I had an apple phone for the first time.
eelvis03/06/2020 23:02

Had Huawei, android one and xiaomi but I feel my Xiaomi at ever update …Had Huawei, android one and xiaomi but I feel my Xiaomi at ever update gets worse and it browser tries to take over everything and controlling location, battery use and security needs to be check after each update. I almost wish I had an apple phone for the first time.

Wanting an apple phone? That must be desperate, lol
eelvis03/06/2020 23:02

Had Huawei, android one and xiaomi but I feel my Xiaomi at ever update …Had Huawei, android one and xiaomi but I feel my Xiaomi at ever update gets worse and it browser tries to take over everything and controlling location, battery use and security needs to be check after each update. I almost wish I had an apple phone for the first time.

I don't mind MIUI or EMUI, but Xiaomi do Android One devices on some of the lesser handsets. And Xiaomi make it easier to change the launcher than Huawei.

You can use a different browser too. And depending on your view, you don't have to worry about the Trump fight with Huawei.
Post a comment
@
    Text