Groups

xiaomi redmi 3s / 3x - does sky go work on it with global stable rom?

I am after a Xiaomi redmi 3s or 3x to use in the UK (obviously lol) but I can't find out if "sky go" will work on the xr3s or xr3x, specifically on the global stable ROM? I stream sky go a lot when I'm out in my lorry (obviously not when I'm driving though).

Thank you in advance for any answers,

Ian.

4 Comments

No idea about sky go as I dont like giving Murdoch any money, however I have never found an app that didn't work on the Redmi 3s on the global stable ROM (MIUI 8).

Original Poster

I ask because sky go won't work on any rooted phone and I assume the phone needs to be rooted for the global ROM to be installed. I have to admit that I have never rooted or flashed a phone before and know nothing about the process.

Jacko007

I ask because sky go won't work on any rooted phone and I assume the … I ask because sky go won't work on any rooted phone and I assume the phone needs to be rooted for the global ROM to be installed. I have to admit that I have never rooted or flashed a phone before and know nothing about the process.

No The Global ROM is an official ROM, the phone doesnt need rooting.

However I dont have SKY so I cannot check it works on my Xiaomi phone.

Even on rooted phones, there is usually an unroot option, to allow root adverse apps to run, then re-enable root afterwards.

Original Poster

Thank you for the help. It looks promising that I can order my one soon. Hopefully a feklow owner can confirm definitely about sky go but it looks promising. :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)56
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543734
      3. Apples new update47
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1629

See more discussions