Xiaomi Redmi 4X breaks. What's a good alternative? Samsung J3 2017 any good?

Found 3rd Mar
Xiaomi 4X is a great value phone...until it breaks. I have had a second one today randomly gone into loop and needed factory reset which is very inconvenient. The screen is also much too delicate, it is the only phone I have ever cracked as a careful user.

What are some more durable alternatives around £100? Dual SIM and screen no bigger than 5" are important. It does not have to be as powerful a performer as 4X, I just want something very reliable. Samsung J3 2017 and Moto C Plus are ones I have found so far with mixed reviews.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
Nothing much will take a drop on a hard floor. My tempered screen protection on both my xiaomi phones are smashed to hell but screens are fine. Dropped my xiaomi 4a on concrete and it's fine In the pu case and tempered glass screen protector,although that did shatter. Think you've been unlikely. What about having ago at fitting new screen yourself? Only £14. Oh.. Redmi note 3 and xiaomi 4a.. Both with pu clear case and glass screen protector on and still riding my luck
Edited by: "wayners" 3rd Mar
Original Poster
wayners3 h, 49 m ago

Nothing much will take a drop on a hard floor. My tempered screen …Nothing much will take a drop on a hard floor. My tempered screen protection on both my xiaomi phones are smashed to hell but screens are fine. Dropped my xiaomi 4a on concrete and it's fine In the pu case and tempered glass screen protector,although that did shatter. Think you've been unlikely. What about having ago at fitting new screen yourself? Only £14. Oh.. Redmi note 3 and xiaomi 4a.. Both with pu clear case and glass screen protector on and still riding my luck

The phone was not "dropped on a hard floor". Can we please not make this a Xiaomi appreciation/defense thread? Xiaomi is good value, great specs for price, I don't dispute this. That's why I have purchased. However I would rather drop performance from a Snapdragon to Mediatek or 3GB to 2GB RAM at same price or pay an extra 50 for same specs but with better build quality and quality control. Screen can be bad luck, but software problems requiring factory reset losing data randomly not just after OTA upgrade is not something I want to experience.

I don't imagine there will be better "Chinese" phones over Xiaomi so I am looking at more familiar brands like Samsung.
I bought lg g4 and got the hardware bootloop fault. Prior to that I had htc one x that got the wifi hardware fault. I think Samsung have the best build quality though but at a price. Small batteries and poor software support puts me off although security patches are getting better I hear on the android podcasts. I just won't spend more than £200 on a phone and stuff contacts. Just me though.
Edited by: "wayners" 3rd Mar
I have been looking at Huawei p8 2017 seems to get good reviews. £129 in Argos ,cpw etc.
Original Poster
MonkeysUncle14 h, 1 m ago

I have been looking at Huawei p8 2017 seems to get good reviews. £129 in …I have been looking at Huawei p8 2017 seems to get good reviews. £129 in Argos ,cpw etc.

Presume you mean P8 Lite 2017. Problem is it isn't dual SIM, at least not from retailers like Argos or CPW, and where it is not at that price.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants