Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and Car Bluetooth Problems

Found 29th JunEdited by:"brettytopbanana"
Ok, I have a bit of a strange problem but will do my best to explain....

My previous phone was a Chinese Maze Alpha. I initially had trouble connecting that to the bluetooth in my car. However, the solution was to give the phone access to share my phone contacts, messages and storage and all was well. I could then access everything, including spotify which would display all of the song data.

Anyway, I now have a a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. I paired it up with my car for the first time and all was well. However, I can still make calls, take calls etc etc but I cannot seem to get the data of songs on Spotify to display and it is really annoying me! I can control spotify through the car system but that is it!

Would anyone happen to know if there is any solution to this or have you experienced it? It is strange how it worked at first and then stopped. I have unpaired, repaired, rebooted the cars system and tried all of that!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Community Updates
2 Comments
Maze alpha has BT 4.1,
I believe the Redmi 5 Plus has BT 4.2....

your car supports??(you haven't told us what the car/Bluetooth system is)

Maybe worth checking to see if there is an update available for your car/Bluetooth system
Sorry the car is a Renault kadjar. It has recently been updated but my.old phone worked after the update but even this new phone worked once!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants