Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware

Found 26th Sep 2017
So less than a week ago I received my Xiaomi redmi note 4 that so many people seemed to love.

Now I do like the phone but I can tell that this version of android is not the pure form it comes out in. After a little digging, I found that MIUI have to release their version of the android firmware so although for most purposes, it is the same not everything is exactly the same.

Does anyone know how I can install the pure version of android on this phone?
I really miss split screening (I know you can with the help of an app but I'd rather just do it straight from the phone) and quick reply from the notifications in particular.

Also if I do revert back to the 'pure' version of android, would I stop getting OTA updates for my phone?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Custom ROM I'd say
XDA have a forum for the Note 4; forum.xda-developers.com/red…e-4

You'd need to root and install a custom recovery and then a custom rom to get straight Android.

Make sure you pick the right section for the rom as the note 4 is produced with both a Snapdragon or a Medatec cpu and flashing the wrong one will result in a world of problems!

If that makes no sense to you! Then you either need to do a LOT of reading or forget the idea.

And, yes, you will stop getting OTA updates if you flash a custom rom...
steve122158 m ago

XDA have a forum for the Note 4; …XDA have a forum for the Note 4; https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-4You'd need to root and install a custom recovery and then a custom rom to get straight Android. Make sure you pick the right section for the rom as the note 4 is produced with both a Snapdragon or a Medatec cpu and flashing the wrong one will result in a world of problems!If that makes no sense to you! Then you either need to do a LOT of reading or forget the idea.And, yes, you will stop getting OTA updates if you flash a custom rom...

I found this:
Update to Nougat here bigota.d.miui.com/7.7…zip

Would this be okay to download you reckon?
I don't want break my phone
Hopefulgirl1233 h, 40 m ago

I found this: Update to Nougat here …I found this: Update to Nougat here http://bigota.d.miui.com/7.7.13/miui_HMNote4XGlobal_7.7.13_08853cf61f_7.0.zipWould this be okay to download you reckon? I don't want break my phone

From the file name (and I'm downloading it now, but it's very slow). It looks like it's Nougat with the MIUI overlay, which you said you didn't want?

The only way to get 'pure' Nougat is with the process I outlined above. Xiaomi won't release a version without MIUI. From what I see on the XDA link there are a number of roms for both cpu's that are just Nougat.

Files down and it is the MIUI version of Nouget.
steve12212 h, 35 m ago

From the file name (and I'm downloading it now, but it's very slow). It …From the file name (and I'm downloading it now, but it's very slow). It looks like it's Nougat with the MIUI overlay, which you said you didn't want?The only way to get 'pure' Nougat is with the process I outlined above. Xiaomi won't release a version without MIUI. From what I see on the XDA link there are a number of roms for both cpu's that are just Nougat.Files down and it is the MIUI version of Nouget.

So I downloaded straight to my phone too and like you said it was really slow. But for some reason, I can't seem to make it run.
Maybe I don't have the app to work it.
Hopefulgirl12313 m ago

So I downloaded straight to my phone too and like you said it was really …So I downloaded straight to my phone too and like you said it was really slow. But for some reason, I can't seem to make it run. Maybe I don't have the app to work it.

If it's a zip, you need to install twrp on your device then boot in to it, and install the zip
Hopefulgirl12313 m ago

So I downloaded straight to my phone too and like you said it was really …So I downloaded straight to my phone too and like you said it was really slow. But for some reason, I can't seem to make it run. Maybe I don't have the app to work it.

That is MIUI so even if you installed it, there'd be no difference to the user interface. If you want a 'pure' Android, then it would need to be via custom ROM. For this, the first step is to unlock bootloader. This usually takes approximately a week to complete because you need wait for a code. After unlocking bootloader, you need to install custom recovery. With the custom recovery, you can backup the phone in its current state, then install a new ROM and afterwards restore the previous ROM so it allows you to experiment on different custom ROMs. Installing a new custom ROM will usually require you to wipe the phone. Here is a general guide on what to do. The last step (rooting) isn't necessary for installing custom ROMs.

For someone who has no experience with this stuff, it will be mind-boggling and require quite a bit of effort to follow. But everyone who installs custom ROMs would have been in a similar position when they first tried. I guess it's up to you, whether getting rid of MIUI for a 'pure' Android is worth the effort.

There are two types of Redmi Note 4 custom ROMs because of different chipsets. Ones with 'Mido' in the name are for Snapdragon, whereas 'Nikel' = Mediatek. Since you've commented on Redmi Note 4 Global Version threads, yours is Snapdragon so be sure to use Mido ROMs. As mentioned previously, Lineage OS is similar to 'pure' Android but there are numerous different custom ROMs< for this phone.
Hopefulgirl12344 m ago

Rom updates don't run like app (as has been written above).
There should be something either in the phone or that came with the phone to flash the rom. But also as above, it's the same as you have already on the phone, so you won't see any improvement in the area's you're looking for.

You 'might' be able to install this version if you go to 'update' section in settings if you really want to try it.

You need to be very careful with this stuff, it's very easy to what they call 'soft brick' the phone. So that it won't work at all and then you have to dig into the working of Android to recover it...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants