Xiaomi Roborock S50 Robot Vacuum - Burning smell

Posted 25th Apr 2019
Hi

Been using the Roborock for last 6 months until I am getting a burning smell.

I cleaned up the fan as per drive.google.com/ope…Sg- but it did not solve the problem.

Does anyone had this issue and have know how to solve this.

Spoke to aliexpress seller - he wants to charge me $35 for postage ( althought its in warranty ) ...basicallu he is charging me for new fan + postage.

Used Credit Card for Purchase - can I open a dispute and you think it will work.

Kinldy help.

Regards and thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
hard to say, I had mine for over 1.5 years and no issues (touch wood).
the CC thing may works but see if you can discuss more sensible solution
"Used Credit Card for Purchase - can I open a dispute": If you mean can you claim using S75 CCA 1974: unlikely cos you will not have met the S75 qualification criteria of paying the merchant directly if purchased via Aliexpress.
"althought its in warranty": the fallback of domestic consumer legislation is also useless as it does not apply and cannot be enforced on foreign merchants. Any offer of warranty from a foreign merchant is effectively ultimately unenforceable unless you are confident in navigating the legal system local to the merchant should any warranty service not proceeed as expected (including goods going missing).
But you could approach the card company with a sob story and/or rant to see if the co will offer gesture of goodwill assistance but beyond a suggestion of sympathy I doubt the co will assist financially.
I do a fair bit of shopping on various Chinese sites, but that's something everybody should be aware of going in. You'll get a cheaper price, but go in with the assumption you won't have any long-term warranty and to always use a payment method to protected against DOA / no-shows / short-term issues. All of these sites are the same, very few care about customer service or providing a fair warranty.
Fration25/04/2019 14:00

...All of these sites are the same, very few care about customer service …...All of these sites are the same, very few care about customer service or providing a fair warranty.

Generally agree of buyer beware with non-UK merchants but not all Chinese suppliers are the same. EglobalCentral is generally not liked on HUKD yet that HK-based company offers benefit of no additional import fees to pay, optional UK address for warranty servicing, and possibly most importantly: the merchant's name appears exclusively on statements when paying direct by credit card so any £100+ item(s) purchased using that method have full UK consumer legislation protection via S75 so its 12m or 24m warranty is replicated and serviced by UK-based company in addition to the UK consumer protection. None of this is available via an Aliexpress purchase or any other foreign merchant not accepting direct payment via credit card.
If paying a non-UK merchant via PayPal you may obtain 180days of whatever protection PayPal deems fit but its virtually impossible to legally force PayPal to perform if PayPal disagrees with your protection request plus under no circumstances does PayPal provide a warranty.
AndyRoyd24 m ago

Generally agree of buyer beware with non-UK merchants but not all Chinese …Generally agree of buyer beware with non-UK merchants but not all Chinese suppliers are the same. EglobalCentral is generally not liked on HUKD yet that HK-based company offers benefit of no additional import fees to pay, optional UK address for warranty servicing, and possibly most importantly: the merchant's name appears exclusively on statements when paying direct by credit card so any £100+ item(s) purchased using that method have full UK consumer legislation protection via S75 so its 12m or 24m warranty is replicated and serviced by UK-based company in addition to the UK consumer protection. None of this is available via an Aliexpress purchase or any other foreign merchant not accepting direct payment via credit card.If paying a non-UK merchant via PayPal you may obtain 180days of whatever protection PayPal deems fit but its virtually impossible to legally force PayPal to perform if PayPal disagrees with your protection request plus under no circumstances does PayPal provide a warranty.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I haven't used Eglobal yet so maybe they're the exception to the rule. Regardless, I meant this more in a generalised approach to dealing with non-Uk sellers. It would be more accurate to say all the suppliers I personally have dealt with have been the same, as opposed to a blanket all in existence. Some don't even answer your support tickets at all, they flat out ignore you until you go away.
Wasnt one of these smart vacs shown to send data back to China?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants