Xiaomi Uk delivery changes due to the theft issue

Posted 27th Feb
I ordered a note 8t on the 19th Feb but have still yet to receive it. I have just spoken to the the call centre and they have admitted that the issue with stolen phones has got so bad that they have now requested all 'in transit' stock to be returned by Collissimo\LaPoste and they will be using a new shipping agent. To be clear, this isn't an issue with DPD, the theft happens within the Collissimo part of the journey.

Unfortunately, they couldn't tell me when I will receive my phone but it looks like they have had enough and are addressing it. Good job I am just changing my phone and not in urgent need for it.

To be fair, it must be bad if the agent is allowed to tell me something so controversial although disappointing that it'll likely be another week before I get it.
Community Updates

Groups

12 Comments
Isn't that stupid to steal phones especially frkm the manufacturer since they can block them,right?
Anyway anyone want to buy some Xiaomi phones?
Edited by: "Norseg" 27th Feb
Norseg27/02/2020 18:46

Isn't that stupid to steal phones especially frkm the manufacturer since …Isn't that stupid to steal phones especially frkm the manufacturer since they can block them,right? Anyway anyone want to buy some Xiaomi phones?

Unfortunately Norseg, scammers don't care a fig about selling an unsuspecting buyer a "sealed" brand new phone that's going to get blocked as they just grab your money and run...
Phsycronix27/02/2020 18:51

Unfortunately Norseg, scammers don't care a fig about selling an …Unfortunately Norseg, scammers don't care a fig about selling an unsuspecting buyer a "sealed" brand new phone that's going to get blocked as they just grab your money and run...

No honour amongst thieves ayy?
Norseg27/02/2020 18:46

Isn't that stupid to steal phones especially frkm the manufacturer since …Isn't that stupid to steal phones especially frkm the manufacturer since they can block them,right? Anyway anyone want to buy some Xiaomi phones?

The merchant isn't the manufacturer. The merchant isn't even based in UK so not clear how the foreign merchant could block them. Anybody wanna buy some foreign phones?
Out of interest, did they ask you to get a police report, provide ID and a letter stating you didn’t receive it?
LyallM02/03/2020 17:16

Out of interest, did they ask you to get a police report, provide ID and a …Out of interest, did they ask you to get a police report, provide ID and a letter stating you didn’t receive it?

Actually they did in the phone call when I got insistent. Problem is, as I tried to explain to them, is that it has never arrived, as proven on the tracking website, so the Police won't be interested. They'd only care if it was delivered with missing items.
I’m in the same situation, that’s why I asked. I basically said the same thing as you. The tracking shows it still to be in France, so why would my local police have any interest...
Wirral_guy02/03/2020 19:42

Actually they did in the phone call when I got insistent. Problem is, as I …Actually they did in the phone call when I got insistent. Problem is, as I tried to explain to them, is that it has never arrived, as proven on the tracking website, so the Police won't be interested. They'd only care if it was delivered with missing items.

Have you got anywhere with getting a refund? I just get the same reply from them constantly, file this report with the Met. I’m not in the area covered by the Net, neither are they and the phone never left France according to the tracking.
LyallM03/03/2020 19:55

Have you got anywhere with getting a refund? I just get the same reply …Have you got anywhere with getting a refund? I just get the same reply from them constantly, file this report with the Met. I’m not in the area covered by the Net, neither are they and the phone never left France according to the tracking.

Ridiculously they want you to go through logging a report with the Met until it gives you your postcode map and local station, screenshot that (completely pointless) and then send proof of your id (passport) and a statement saying that you haven't received it. I gave in and did it yesterday but am still waiting to hear back. It's basically bureaucratic time wasting and of no real use to them. I'll keep you updated.
Edited by: "Wirral_guy" 4th Mar
I’ve gone to my credit card company so hopefully they’ll sort it
LyallM04/03/2020 10:15

I’ve gone to my credit card company so hopefully they’ll sort it

Just had a call with them again - apparently my phone has been activated and used. In France so it's fairly clear cut that it's not arrived. So, they are now progressing my complaint with logistics....another few weeks for anything to happen no doubt. TBH, I'm beyond caring now and will be unwilling to trust Xiaomi\Mi.com again.
Wirral_guy04/03/2020 15:11

Just had a call with them again - apparently my phone has been activated …Just had a call with them again - apparently my phone has been activated and used. In France so it's fairly clear cut that it's not arrived. So, they are now progressing my complaint with logistics....another few weeks for anything to happen no doubt. TBH, I'm beyond caring now and will be unwilling to trust Xiaomi\Mi.com again.

Are the Met dispatching the Sweeney to the last known location as we speak?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants