Xiaomi UK delivery times?

Posted 29th Apr
Has anyone ordered a phone from here recently that could give an estimate on how long delivery takes? The website says they aim to deliver in under 5 days but I imagine it'll be longer than that with the lockdown.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Have you ordered yet?
I have heard there are problems with Xiaomi UK.
Cisco06060629/04/2020 14:05

Have you ordered yet?I have heard there are problems with Xiaomi UK.

Not yet, ordered a Note 8 Pro from Amazon because I need the quick delivery but noticed it's £50 cheaper from Xiaomi but seem some comments saying delivery can take around 2 weeks but not sure if that's from Xioami UK or EU.
People were having loads of issues ordering directly from them. HUKD banned them from the site because of the issues.
jamie1529/04/2020 15:29

People were having loads of issues ordering directly from them. HUKD …People were having loads of issues ordering directly from them. HUKD banned them from the site because of the issues.

I've just been reading up on that, seems the issue is mostly because the courier company they use, they seem really dodgy going by all reviews. Glad I didn't order from there now.
GonzoFK29/04/2020 15:33

I've just been reading up on that, seems the issue is mostly because the …I've just been reading up on that, seems the issue is mostly because the courier company they use, they seem really dodgy going by all reviews. Glad I didn't order from there now.

I've not had issues personally when ordering last year but issues seem to have got particularly bad in the last few months. Since you pay by card then you should be able to chargeback if anything goes wrong. Still worth considering though for sure. Delivery won't be quick as Xiaomi ship from their French warehouse.
Edited by: "jamie15" 29th Apr
Must admit, reading some of the comments here and on their Trust Pilot review page I would rather spend more with a 3rd party retailer than order anything off Xiaomi directly. Unbelievable what they've done to UK customers with missing parcels that ever even left france.
jamie1529/04/2020 15:35

I've not had issues personally when ordering last year but issues seem to …I've not had issues personally when ordering last year but issues seem to have got particularly bad in the last few months. Since you pay by card then you should be able to chargeback if anything goes wrong. Still worth considering though for sure. Delivery won't be quick as Xiaomi ship from their French warehouse.

Not clear at time of this post in late April 2020 if still shipped from France as the merchant is now based in UK (backdated by four months ).
Pre circa 23 March 2020 French merchant confirmation web.archive.org/web…ms/
Post circa 23 March 2020 UK merchant example with attempt to backdate to "09th of December 2019" web.archive.org/web…ms/
AndyRoyd29/04/2020 16:07

Not clear at time of this post in late April 2020 if still shipped from …Not clear at time of this post in late April 2020 if still shipped from France as the merchant is now based in UK (backdated by four months ).Pre circa 23 March 2020 French merchant confirmation https://web.archive.org/web/20200309082131/https://www.mi.com/uk/about/terms/Post circa 23 March 2020 UK merchant example with attempt to backdate to "09th of December 2019" https://web.archive.org/web/20200323201718/https://www.mi.com/uk/about/terms/

Interesting to note but change of registered address is presumably post Brexit implementation period preparation, it doesn't necessarily mean stock is warehoused in the UK. Perhaps change of warehouse may have caused all of these problems.
jamie1529/04/2020 16:14

Interesting to note but change of registered address is presumably post …Interesting to note but change of registered address is presumably post Brexit implementation period preparation, it doesn't necessarily mean stock is warehoused in the UK. Perhaps change of warehouse may have caused all of these problems.

Note change of company, not simply change of reg address. Didn't the issues start around December 2019? If so, that would be miraculously coincident with same time as the backdated change of merchant. Implies that the suggested "delivery issues" may have included "pre-despatch issues" if the French business and/or staff/associates knew its days were numbered.
AndyRoyd29/04/2020 16:26

Note change of company, not simply change of reg address. Didn't the …Note change of company, not simply change of reg address. Didn't the issues start around December 2019? If so, that would be miraculously coincident with same time as the backdated change of merchant. Implies that the suggested "delivery issues" may have included "pre-despatch issues" if the French business and/or staff/associates knew its days were numbered.

Definitely a possibility.
Generally - the three orders I've done with Xiaomi (including a set of scales) have arrived with 5 working days. They now are trying to use DHL since the issue with delivery - the scales were ordered about 3 weeks ago, on a Monday, dispatched from Paris, went through Belgium, and arrived by Friday. On the other hand, a fidget cube still hasn't been dispatched...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions