Xiaomi warranties in UK

Posted 9th Nov 2018
So now that Xiaomi have launched in UK I'm wondering if this makes any difference with warranties on phones purchased direct from China?

Obviously it's still cheaper to buy Xiaomi handsets from China...be useful if the "chinashop" warranty woes were a thing of the past now that Xiaomi have launched in the uk
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Doubt it might be able to get repairs done easier at cost but I doubt they will honour warranty on a phone bought over seas be nice if they did but doubt it
Unlikely that you'll get official warranty from 'unauthorised' stores.
So for example....Official Xiaomi Mi store on AliExpress, similar prices to Gearbest etc...Global handsets and the listings say "Global Local Warranty"

aliexpress.com/sto…tml
I reckon the warranty, will be exclusive to the UK, because what other reason would you buy from the UK for?

The cheaper price?! Bah
Uridium47 m ago

So for example....Official Xiaomi Mi store on AliExpress, similar prices …So for example....Official Xiaomi Mi store on AliExpress, similar prices to Gearbest etc...Global handsets and the listings say "Global Local Warranty" https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-8-6GB-128GB-6-21-Full-Screen-Snapdragon-845-Octa-Core-20MP/2178148_32900007887.html?

That's just a random store. No way will you get warranty unless bought officially in the UK.
It won't make a difference for phones purchased from China, but if you buy from Poland, Spain, France, Italy or Portugal you should get warranty support with Xiaomi
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants