Xiaomi Warranty in the UK

Posted 12th Jan 2019
I just got off the phone to Xiaomi UK and they said that their phones have a 2 year warranty on them if you buy from the following;

Xiaomi store (Online / Westfield)
Three (3)
Amazon
Argos
John Lewis
Carphone Warehouse
Currys PC World
Very
Go Mobiles
Mobile Phones Direct
Ebuyer

If you buy from eBay it won't get the 2 year warranty. I'd assume you'd still be able to get the warranty if you bought second hand as long as you could validate proof of purchase, i.e get the original reciept.
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Yes, this is correct. Only UK retailer stock will come with full UK warranty, eBay is not covered by most manufacturers warranty (unless through a company's eBay store like Argos/Currys which is a bit of a grey area). My assumption would be that if you are given a receipt when buying a Xiaomi phone second-hand it should be fine for warranty purposes.
Any product you buy from any EU retailer has a 2 year warranty.

See 'Guarantees for faulty goods' section here europa.eu/you…htm

Of course time is running out on that.

If we still plan on importing EU laws wholesale to have that 'smooth transition' then maybe we will still be good when buying from UK retailers.

UK law actually offers up to six years but it is very difficult as you have to prove it was faulty to begin with - eg. a design flaw.
plebbygiraffe1 h, 20 m ago

Any product you buy from any EU retailer has a 2 year warranty.See …Any product you buy from any EU retailer has a 2 year warranty.See 'Guarantees for faulty goods' section here https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htmOf course time is running out on that.If we still plan on importing EU laws wholesale to have that 'smooth transition' then maybe we will still be good when buying from UK retailers.UK law actually offers up to six years but it is very difficult as you have to prove it was faulty to begin with - eg. a design flaw.

This is correct, but key point there is with the retailer. Xiaomi's manufacturer warranty is what this thread is about.
What happens if I have bought an Mi phone from AliExpress?
Will the warranty cover in UK?
jamie1512/01/2019 17:30

Yes, this is correct. Only UK retailer stock will come with full UK …Yes, this is correct. Only UK retailer stock will come with full UK warranty, eBay is not covered by most manufacturers warranty (unless through a company's eBay store like Argos/Currys which is a bit of a grey area). My assumption would be that if you are given a receipt when buying a Xiaomi phone second-hand it should be fine for warranty purposes.

Your assumption is wrong, it's rare to find a transferable guarantee on goods. Of course unless the original purchaser has registered the item for guarantee you should be ok.
shahis_78616/02/2020 23:07

What happens if I have bought an Mi phone from AliExpress? Will the …What happens if I have bought an Mi phone from AliExpress? Will the warranty cover in UK?

No, one of the many downsides of buying from Ali.
Azwipe16/02/2020 23:15

No, one of the many downsides of buying from Ali.

Oho... my speaker stopped working lol
Do ships fix this kind of problem?
Azwipe16/02/2020 23:14

Your assumption is wrong, it's rare to find a transferable guarantee on …Your assumption is wrong, it's rare to find a transferable guarantee on goods. Of course unless the original purchaser has registered the item for guarantee you should be ok.

It doesn't matter if the warranty is not transferrable in terms and conditions. As long as proof of purchase is provided and is valid it is unlikely a manufacturer will check the warranty and say - you haven't bought it someone else did. If they do, just say a friend gave it to you or even try and put the warranty repair in the original purchaser's name. If the purchase was not directly from mi.com it is not possible for Xiaomi to verify everything anyway (surely GDPR would not allow that).

EDIT: Just misread your comment, you are correct in terms of registration!
Edited by: "jamie15" 17th Feb
I bought a Xiaomi m365 pro scooter from dhgate two months ago that's now faulty (presumed motor failure). Any idea if I can send this to Xiaomi to be fixed?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants