Groups

Xmas Dinner

We usually go to either of our parents houses for christmas dinner but this year I have decided to have it at home. I've also invited over the in-laws.

Don't usaully cook, but im going to cook everything.

Would like some ideas/tips on what to do; starters, veg, stuffing etc. something different or unusual (not strange)

Going for a turkey.

Thanks.

32 Comments

Banned

Get a fresh turkey from a butchers(kelly bronze)

It's a little early to start preparing your Christmas dinner dont you think ? :-)

you cannot beat a nice traditional xmas dinner , turkey and all the trimmings and wash it all down with a bottle of Bollinger ..........

Turkey is so passe.
    Get a rib of beef and have a real treat.

ricko;6588573

It's a little early to start preparing your Christmas dinner dont you … It's a little early to start preparing your Christmas dinner dont you think ? :-)you cannot beat a nice traditional xmas dinner , turkey and all the trimmings and wash it all down with a bottle of Bollinger ..........

its never to early to start thinking about xmas

Original Poster

goldmax;6588498

Get a fresh turkey from a butchers(kelly bronze)

thanks

ricko;6588573

It's a little early to start preparing your Christmas dinner dont you … It's a little early to start preparing your Christmas dinner dont you think ? :-)you cannot beat a nice traditional xmas dinner , turkey and all the trimmings and wash it all down with a bottle of Bollinger ..........

Just looking for ideas, not got the oven on, lol.

Jetpac;6588598

Turkey is so passe.Get a rib of beef and have a real treat.

Turkey is the what the familty want.

I don't think you'd need a starter really.

Don't forget pigs in blankets with dinner.

Soak fruit for Christmas cake/pudding early (if you're going to make one yourself).

Umm. Yeah.

PS. Make suet pudding.

angelfairee;6588692

Don't forget pigs in blankets with dinner.

Get some dried apricots and rap them in the bacon with the sausage. so delicious.

Cant wait! Love all the hype i get well excited Xmas is suppose to be spent with the family, carry on doing it whilst you can!

Jetpac;6588707

Get some dried apricots and rap them in the bacon with the sausage. so … Get some dried apricots and rap them in the bacon with the sausage. so delicious.

Steady on, you seem to be trying to put fruit in my Christmas dinner...what's wrong with you?!

Banned

Do not discuss Christmas here please it is likely to offend some of our members from another religeous persuasion.

I always do a wensleydale & cider soup for starter. it is really lovely and a good start no mater what meat you have with your main meal.

i cooked christmas dinner last year for the first time, i bought the jamie oliver christmas dvd, he breaks it down into 12 recipes, gives you recipe cards and a time table for the big day, it gave me lots of confidence so i didnt get stressed, well worth buying.

Banned

whatever you do dont invite that fatty from this other thread in misc lmao

gsettle24;6590180

lmao

Roast parsnips in maple syrup with sesame seeds sprinkled on is nice.
    Sprouts with lardons and butter.
    Boil carrots in orange juice is also nice

Think we're having Duck this year, i'v finally been allowed to not have turkey, yey!!

Banned

sancho1983;6590212

lmaoRoast parsnips in maple syrup with sesame seeds sprinkled on is … lmaoRoast parsnips in maple syrup with sesame seeds sprinkled on is nice.Sprouts with lardons and butter. Boil carrots in orange juice is also niceThink we're having Duck this year, i'v finally been allowed to not have turkey, yey!!

duck is amazing at christmas, so much nicer, i think we having duck also

Just noticed ihave reached 2000 posts, and now i have the year!

Would really like Goose, but seems a bit excessive for 3, especially when one is only 13 weeks old

Might get a small joint of pork and a duck. Gammon left over from Christmas Eve and there should be plenty left over for Boxing day buffet!

Don't forget the sprouts and cook the roasties in goose fat:thumbsup:

alfie73;6589523

I always do a wensleydale & cider soup for starter. it is really lovely … I always do a wensleydale & cider soup for starter. it is really lovely and a good start no mater what meat you have with your main meal.

recipe pls :thumbsup:

gsettle24;6590180

:giggle:

Banned

choc1969;6590461

:giggle:

choc1969;6590450

recipe pls :thumbsup:

No probs I will copy it out in the morning 4 u

gsettle24;6590496

Which one!?

alfie73;6590519

No probs I will copy it out in the morning 4 u

cheers, it sounds great and I prefer to make my own soups :thumbsup:

OOHHHH
    would you be soo kind and sent this to me also sounds scrummy

py it out in the morning 4 u [/QUOTE]

Any news on the soup recipe please ?

Banned

Hunt and kill a wild boar

then spit roast it in the garden

angelfairee;6588693

PS. Make suet pudding.

is all christmas pudding not made with suet :?

i make the best christmas pud, its the only thing i can make :lol:

micoo;6597044

is all christmas pudding not made with suet :?i make the best christmas … is all christmas pudding not made with suet :?i make the best christmas pud, its the only thing i can make :lol:

No I didn't mean Christmas pudding. I mean suet pudding. It's like dumplings but you bake it and its crispy on top and yummy.

If you're going to have a starter have something light like melon, you could always serve it in port for the adults!

We always have Prawn cocktail and smoked salmon with brown bread as a starter. mmmmm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to cancel Sky subscription33
      2. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328

See more discussions