Groups

Xmas pressie advice, please have a look.

I thought of a pressie i could get my OH for xmas, he is a KEEN tropical fish keeper. He has only been doing it about 18months and i know in his heart he would love a bigger tank.

I saw this and being NOT SO into fish as him, i wondered what your views are.
    cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gla…262

My livingroom is 29ft long so possibly could take it, but im thinking of the spec... etc i cant exactly ask my OH! LOL

Cheers in advance.

16 Comments

tropical fish.................buy him finding nemo on dvd :-D

Original Poster

sorry item number

wow. i bet that will weigh a ton!

Original Poster

ya reckon too big, maybe the smaller one then? i saw a 4ft as well..?

I reckon you should involve him, unless it really needs to be a surprise?

Depending on what type of fish he wants to keep might affect the size of the tank, substrate etc?
    What size do you currently have?

Personally, I think it's a bit overpriced. I used to have a 4ft one like that & sold it on fleabay for about £100. Why don't you look for a second hand one and then buy him really good accessories to go with it?

Original Poster

*********.co.uk/Gla…262

thats the 4 foot one, but its how decent it is, ?

Original Poster

tea-towel;3072710

I reckon you should involve him, unless it really needs to be a … I reckon you should involve him, unless it really needs to be a surprise?Depending on what type of fish he wants to keep might affect the size of the tank, substrate etc?What size do you currently have?

yeah i want it to be a suprise, ive always said i wont let him get bigger, lol but i admit i love the tank now. we got a jewel deep 600 which is about 84 litres.

Original Poster

bargainbetty;3072711

Personally, I think it's a bit overpriced. I used to have a 4ft one like … Personally, I think it's a bit overpriced. I used to have a 4ft one like that & sold it on fleabay for about £100. Why don't you look for a second hand one and then buy him really good accessories to go with it?

Yeah i was thinking that, i could check out 2nd hand ones.

hi i have this tank but the 40" version
    im very happy with it,nearly finished setting up will post you some pics if u like
    the only thing i did was change the door handles

there is one pic of it on this thread
    not done the background yet though and i should be getting the plants this week

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=2

Original Poster

Thanks hun, that would be lovely,
    There is nothing wrong with the tank we got now but i know he would love a bigger one. So think thats what i will get him. Just difficult not knowing whether i buy a good one, etc..

dandoc2;3072654

tropical fish.................buy him finding nemo on dvd :-D

thats marine fish noob, im gonna sell my tank if your interested

Original Poster

Cluffy321;3073189

thats marine fish noob, im gonna sell my tank if your interested

what size is it, and is the base like beech or mocha, as it has to fit in with livingroom! lol

Original Poster

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m342/pcnutta/Picture035.jpg
    http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m342/pcnutta/Picture040.jpg

his current tank

ooooooooooo thats goin to need a lot a cleanin

said in the voice of the old council worker in AliG in da house pmsl
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1827
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2495
      3. Cat Chat77735
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions