Found 21st Sep 2008
The other half is away in good olde Afghan fighting wars, whilst we will all be tucking into our christmas dinner. We have just had a little one so she's all sorted, but i want something to send to him, to be opened on xmas day to tug on the heart strings a bit, and let him know were thinking of him and basically wish he was'nt there! Now the hardest part is finding this "something" from me and the daughter (missing her 1st xmas etc so needs to be special) it's got to have a meaning, it's got to be smaller than a shoe box and it's not to be over expensive, incase some random foreigner gets it and not him. Oh and it cant be meltable...
Ex squaddies and ladies give me a clue please thanks muchly x

21 Comments

a photo album with pictures of the pair of ya from throughout the year...

maybe a plaster cast/ clay imprint of her hand or foot

Aww, I'm sure a nicely framed picture of the family will do nicely

When my hubby was working away at christmas in saudi arabia, I did a calander with photos on of the kids, He really liked it., its sooo lonley when they are away for long periods. Hope you have a good xmas with your little one.

[LEFT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]£14.99 FREE UK Delivery [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]find-me-a-gift.co.uk/tal…tml[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[CENTER][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffffff]http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/images/product_images/bmb_001_talking_ted_teddy_b.jpg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER]

About the Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear

[LIST]
[*]The Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear is an exceptionally sweet and soft cuddly teddy bear which features a soft squishy red heart that contains a recordable voice box so you can record a message of love for the beautiful bear to bear!
[*]The Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear recordable voice box slots easily inside the rich red heart pocket attached to the teddy for a special romantic surprise!
[*]The Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear recordable voice box enables you to record 10 seconds of sound!
[*]The Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear features a lovely little gift tag so you can write your message as well as recording it!
[*]The Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear measures approximately 18 cm x 17 cm x 12 cm
[*]The Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear does not require batteries
[*]The Record a Message Talking Teddy Bear is suitable as a beautiful Valentine’s gift, Anniversary gift or other romantic occasion![/LIST]

A nice photo of you and your baby by the Christmas Tree. A Christmas cake, a long letter telling him how you feel and a book by his favourite author.

Hope he keeps safe :thumbsup:

How about getting your little one dressed up in a cute xmas outfit and have someone with a decent camera take a picture of you both together, looking all christmassy. You could put the picture in one of those cute 'i love you daddy' type frames and send that, maybe?

I'm awful at things like this, so will be interesting to see what other people come up with. Hope you find something suitable though :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I ain't one of these that ask for ideas, and don't follow them up....i'm liking all these will put them all in a hat and get the little one to pull a idea out, then that's what we will do Keep them coming....

Lulu'sMammy;3019823

I ain't one of these that ask for ideas, and don't follow them up....i'm … I ain't one of these that ask for ideas, and don't follow them up....i'm liking all these will put them all in a hat and get the little one to pull a idea out, then that's what we will do Keep them coming....

I like the cast of the foot idea, and the record a message teddy bear

When my brother was out there he said the main thing he looked forward to was letters no matter how much they rattled it was so nice to hear about everything that was going on at home, and like others have said lots and lots of pictures. Has he already gone because when ever we knew my brother would be away for christmas we always held a christmas day before he went, got the tree out, turkey. couple of small presents the full works. x

How about a video of you and the new born with your family etc or one of those digital photo frames so he has some pictures.

Original Poster

charltom;3019845

When my brother was out there he said the main thing he looked forward to … When my brother was out there he said the main thing he looked forward to was letters no matter how much they rattled it was so nice to hear about everything that was going on at home, and like others have said lots and lots of pictures. Has he already gone because when ever we knew my brother would be away for christmas we always held a christmas day before he went, got the tree out, turkey. couple of small presents the full works. x

Christmas will be in October!

ahh bless you, i cant imagine spending christmas away from my other half, especially on babes first christmas.

but a proffesional photo is alwys lush. also i always got tabatha to sign peoples card, by putting her hand print or foot print, she's two now so i give her the card and let her scribble away. but tiny babies prints are lovley way to sign card. just buy a cheap ink pad too do it.

dont know how much u looking at spending or what squadies are aloud to wear or carry but
there are websites, that put the baby's finger print, onto a pendant or keyring too, can keep close to him. ]http//ww…tml

We have held christmas in august before.

I'm pretty hopeless at this sort of thing. You've probably got the DVD/video sorted and will be talking on the phone. I'm thinking along the lines of some special little bits and bobs - libby's first shoe, something from the wedding cake or some other wedding-related momento , her special Christmas card to daddy of course but put together how? Plus a t-shirt with a pic of you and poppet on.

Original Poster

I will be sending boxes every week, if not more often with letters, photos and "goodies" the xmas card is sorted it's just the actual present on the day that i'm struggling with. The fingerprint thing from mummyspam is excellent, i've ordered that to take with him so it does'nt get lost in the post. He's been away for xmas many times before and so have i, but now that we have Libby, life has a different meaning when he's away. The teddy is a brill idea, but i want it to be able to fit in his pocket preferably although i can imagine it being stuck in a bergen and forgot about!!Thanks everybody, rep will be given.... x

Admin

Get a memo keyring, and when she starts babbling her first little words, record them so he can play them back anytime he misses his little princess

awww that photobox collage pic would have been fab to send him! Collage of pics of you all.

when my other half worked away i got a plain white tshirt, had a pic put on the front and then got the kids to draw/scibble on the back, drew round their hands and got them to write their names on, he could sleep in it every night, knowing we were close to him x

laminate a lock of her/your hair, for his wallet..

What about an Ipod or a creative Zen?

You could then put both your favourite songs on it, there's nothing that brings back more memories than music. Also he'll be able to watch films on it, you could also upload all your photo's so he could have 1000's with him that take up no extra space and i know the Zen also has a built in FM Radio!

Perfect :thumbsup:

What about a memory scrapbook -

* artwork of Libbys with photo alongside of her doing it.
* chocolate bar wrapper of Libby's with photo of her covered in chocolate eating the actual bar
* A bib saying 'I love Daddy' with photo of wearing it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)89180
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247563
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322804
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1221

See more discussions