Expired

XMBC/KODI M8 ANDROID change display mode HELP!!!

Found 18th May 2015
I need advice on how to change my resolution and display mode from 'windowed' to full screen but it's greyed out and won't let me click on to change. On the main menu I've unchecked automatic hdmi which gas helped. I've messed around with calibration and must have tried every different setting. I've even uninstalled xmbc and reinstalled. I've tried the // button. Looked on every forum but can't get the screen right. Convinced it's the resolution that's causing my issue and the windowed setting. Does anyone have any suggestions please? I've also tried screen fit setting on the tv + all the others eg zoom/4.3/16.9. ShowBox and Mobdro are fine (grainy on Mobdro so prefer not to use it) it's just XMBC/KODI/GOTHAM etc that's the issue.
Thanks in advance

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

14 Comments

This any good for you:

i just figured out that it has to do with the minix settings and display … i just figured out that it has to do with the minix settings and display position. instead of minix letting you change position right, left, top,bottom you do a percentage and in order to have status bar and nav bar i have to be at 80% thus creating the window and locking xbmc into windowed mode.

Sure I remember being told that some of the minix m8 boxes can't do 1080p for everything, if at all, so that might be the problem.

Original Poster

Done that!
Thankyou anyway. It's doing my head in!!

Original Poster

MIDURIX

Sure I remember being told that some of the minix m8 boxes can't do 1080p … Sure I remember being told that some of the minix m8 boxes can't do 1080p for everything, if at all, so that might be the problem.

My telly is 1080p/780. The box is 2180/1280 (off the top of my head) and windowed + resolution is greyed out. I put a 780 film on last night and went into settings then clicked "use for all videos" which worked but I still have a stripe down the screen

It's a long shot, have you tried changing your skin? I stupidly changed mine from aeon nox to something else and it took some of the settings away! had to reinstall kodi for the original skin and the setting button to reappear, to change it back, bloody nightmare :-) good luck bud, if you find a solution, post it? may come in handy for someone else.

apparently you go into system, then system again video output, and it's the top setting. but must have system settings at expert to unlock certain features, hope I've tried to explain this correct, I'm still new to kodi lol

https://youtu.be/xFOcyHdKZXU
try this bud. if this doesn't work I'm all out of ideas lol

Original Poster

thankyou x

Original Poster

STRICKIBHOY

apparently you go into system, then system again video output, and it's … apparently you go into system, then system again video output, and it's the top setting. but must have system settings at expert to unlock certain features, hope I've tried to explain this correct, I'm still new to kodi lol

Done the skin changes and hasn't helped. It's the display mode and resolution setting that's causing my issues but they're unclickable to change. You Tubed it to death with no joy but it's a matter of finding the exact video as reading various forums it's not just me with the same problem

Sorry it hasn't helped, I'll keep an eye out. I'm new to kodi, and looking at learning more about it lol

Original Poster

STRICKIBHOY

Sorry it hasn't helped, I'll keep an eye out. I'm new to kodi, and … Sorry it hasn't helped, I'll keep an eye out. I'm new to kodi, and looking at learning more about it lol

...... it could take forever!!! Too much to jig around. I only wanted Sky Sports instead its given me an almighty headache

it sounds to me that Kodi is being sent the signal that it can't support that so that's why it's greyed out!
if so it must be a setting on the box that's sending that signal.. I've not tried one of them boxes is it just like using Android on a tablet?
have a look into the settings on there is there a debugging mode?
also try turning on your debug log on Kodi and restart Kodi and see if any errors show up.

rubytuesday0203

My telly is 1080p/780. The box is 2180/1280 (off the top of my head) and … My telly is 1080p/780. The box is 2180/1280 (off the top of my head) and windowed + resolution is greyed out. I put a 780 film on last night and went into settings then clicked "use for all videos" which worked but I still have a stripe down the screen

1080p/780? I have no idea what that means. 1080p usually means 1920x1080.

Original Poster

Off the top of my head I can't remember tbh as I'm at work.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions