Xrocker & Xbox Mic help

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
Hi guys, I realise it is a mega busy time of year for everyone so any help is hugely appreciated!!

Today is my little boys Birthday and he was very lucky to get an Xrocker Sentinel 4.1 chair with all the bells and whistles!

Problem is, im not very technical and although it is working and set up, he has his headset plugged into his xbox controller as normal for his mic but i am listening to all of the noise through the chair speakers and its already dementing me !!

It doesnt matter which port I plug his headset into for the mic, nobody can hear him talking unless it is in the controller... surely there MUST be a way to get the sounds through the headset and the mic work!? If I just turn the volume off on the chair it also turns the vibration feedback off so I am literally in a no win situation hahah!

I hope there is a simple solution I am missing here being a non tech savvy Mum! x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

32 Comments
Is it just the sounds from people talking you want through his headset or all volume ?
Arto22/12/2019 13:51

Is it just the sounds from people talking you want through his headset or …Is it just the sounds from people talking you want through his headset or all volume ?

I would prefer he had all volume through headset xx

I dont mind hearing what people are saying as I like to keep tabs on whats happening but I dont want to hear all of the game noises 😬 xx
bambamsmam22/12/2019 13:53

I would prefer he had all volume through headset xx I dont mind hearing …I would prefer he had all volume through headset xx I dont mind hearing what people are saying as I like to keep tabs on whats happening but I dont want to hear all of the game noises 😬 xx

Open up your Xbox Dashboard and go into the ‘Settings’ menu. From here, you’re going to want to select ‘Display and Sound’ and then find the ‘Volume’ option. This will open up several settings which allow you to channel game audio through your headset, speakers or both. It’s worth noting that you can also choose where your chat audio comes through as well, under the same menus. This should allow you to adjust the game volume through your Xbox One headset.
bambamsmam22/12/2019 13:53

I would prefer he had all volume through headset xx I dont mind hearing …I would prefer he had all volume through headset xx I dont mind hearing what people are saying as I like to keep tabs on whats happening but I dont want to hear all of the game noises 😬 xx

To be able to get the vibrations on the chair though you will need the audio to come out of it too unfortunately
Arto22/12/2019 13:56

Open up your Xbox Dashboard and go into the ‘Settings’ menu. From here, you …Open up your Xbox Dashboard and go into the ‘Settings’ menu. From here, you’re going to want to select ‘Display and Sound’ and then find the ‘Volume’ option. This will open up several settings which allow you to channel game audio through your headset, speakers or both. It’s worth noting that you can also choose where your chat audio comes through as well, under the same menus. This should allow you to adjust the game volume through your Xbox One headset.

Ohh thats great thank u!! So I should plug the headset into chair to do this and work it out from there? X thank u so much!!! X
Arto22/12/2019 13:57

To be able to get the vibrations on the chair though you will need the …To be able to get the vibrations on the chair though you will need the audio to come out of it too unfortunately

Ahhh ok so i cant have the chair volume on but coming through earphones? X well I can do that and it work but the Mic wont work when it is like that for some reason! X
bambamsmam22/12/2019 13:57

Ohh thats great thank u!! So I should plug the headset into chair to do …Ohh thats great thank u!! So I should plug the headset into chair to do this and work it out from there? X thank u so much!!! X

If he wants to use the headset to talk to people it needs to be plugged into the controller. If it’s plugged into the chair he will only get sound but the mic won’t work and no one will be able to hear him
Show me a picture of them bottom of the controller and a picture of the headset
Arto22/12/2019 13:58

If he wants to use the headset to talk to people it needs to be plugged …If he wants to use the headset to talk to people it needs to be plugged into the controller. If it’s plugged into the chair he will only get sound but the mic won’t work and no one will be able to hear him

Ahh yes this is definitely what is happening hahah! That is what i was trying to work out.. how to get the headset plugged into chair AND mic work at same time x
bambamsmam22/12/2019 13:59

Ahh yes this is definitely what is happening hahah! That is what i was …Ahh yes this is definitely what is happening hahah! That is what i was trying to work out.. how to get the headset plugged into chair AND mic work at same time x

The headset port in the chair is audio only. The port in the controller is for audio and chat
39466532-5FHbP.jpg39466532-CdoGk.jpg39466532-ca9bH.jpgXx
39466541-JRrXu.jpg
bambamsmam22/12/2019 14:01

[Image] [Image] [Image] Xx

The last picture is where you want the headset plugged in where the cable already is
Arto22/12/2019 14:02

The last picture is where you want the headset plugged in where the cable …The last picture is where you want the headset plugged in where the cable already is

If you want sound to come out of the chair then you will need a cable direct from the tv headphone port to the chairs input port
Yes the headset is plugged into the controller but im plagued with the game music i see what you say about audio vs audio plus mic, guessing there is no way around it 😬 might be time to move computer upstairs hahah x
Arto22/12/2019 14:04

If you want sound to come out of the chair then you will need a cable …If you want sound to come out of the chair then you will need a cable direct from the tv headphone port to the chairs input port

No I want the sound to come out of the headset ... It IS coming out of the chair lol! But he needs his mic as well. Sorry i am probably driving you insane with my lack of knowledge here hahah x
bambamsmam22/12/2019 14:05

No I want the sound to come out of the headset ... It IS coming out of the …No I want the sound to come out of the headset ... It IS coming out of the chair lol! But he needs his mic as well. Sorry i am probably driving you insane with my lack of knowledge here hahah x

Plug the headset directly into the bottom of the Xbox controller and this will fix the issue
Arto22/12/2019 14:05

Plug the headset directly into the bottom of the Xbox controller and this …Plug the headset directly into the bottom of the Xbox controller and this will fix the issue

Thats where it is... But the volume is coming OUT of the chair speakers lol... And if i turn that volume off, the vibrate goes off too
bambamsmam22/12/2019 14:07

Thats where it is... But the volume is coming OUT of the chair speakers …Thats where it is... But the volume is coming OUT of the chair speakers lol... And if i turn that volume off, the vibrate goes off too

What have you got the chair plugged into?
Arto22/12/2019 14:08

What have you got the chair plugged into?

The chair is wirelessly connected to the xbox... It is only plugged into the wall and that is it x
bambamsmam22/12/2019 14:09

The chair is wirelessly connected to the xbox... It is only plugged into …The chair is wirelessly connected to the xbox... It is only plugged into the wall and that is it x

You will have to do what I put the first time by going into the Xbox setting and changing it so it only played through the headset
Arto22/12/2019 14:10

You will have to do what I put the first time by going into the Xbox …You will have to do what I put the first time by going into the Xbox setting and changing it so it only played through the headset

Great I will five that a go! Thank u so much xxx
If it was right in front of me it would take me 2 seconds to fix but it’s hard for me to explain it. Do you know what I mean
Arto22/12/2019 14:15

If it was right in front of me it would take me 2 seconds to fix but it’s h …If it was right in front of me it would take me 2 seconds to fix but it’s hard for me to explain it. Do you know what I mean

Aww haha I know and trying to explain a simpleton is probably so infuriating I think I do, so basically if you change the setting on xbox it is not capable of playing through anything other than the headset meaning you could have volume on chair and by default it could not physically play through the chair... I think going to try it now so will keep you posted haha x
Or maybe if i got a splitter with 2 females.. i could connect to controller and chair simultaneously :/
Edited by: "bambamsmam" 22nd Dec 2019
bambamsmam22/12/2019 14:19

Aww haha I know and trying to explain a simpleton is probably so …Aww haha I know and trying to explain a simpleton is probably so infuriating I think I do, so basically if you change the setting on xbox it is not capable of playing through anything other than the headset meaning you could have volume on chair and by default it could not physically play through the chair... I think going to try it now so will keep you posted haha x

I’ve been playing/repairing etc Xbox for about 13 years now I could do it with my eyes closed if it was in front of me. If you can’t get it working you can log onto his account by going onto the Xbox support website and you can either chat online with them or request a call and they should be able to help
Arto22/12/2019 14:21

I’ve been playing/repairing etc Xbox for about 13 years now I could do it w …I’ve been playing/repairing etc Xbox for about 13 years now I could do it with my eyes closed if it was in front of me. If you can’t get it working you can log onto his account by going onto the Xbox support website and you can either chat online with them or request a call and they should be able to help

Ahhh you remind me of my brother always tinkering.. i didnt think to even give him a call hahah!

Well I changed those settings but it still came out of chair and nothing i do chair to headset gets mic working. Have splitter coming tomorrow so will see how that goes! Lol! X

No to try and get rock band rivals musical equipment set up, that might be a new post again! Hahah!
bambamsmam22/12/2019 14:44

Ahhh you remind me of my brother always tinkering.. i didnt think to even …Ahhh you remind me of my brother always tinkering.. i didnt think to even give him a call hahah! Well I changed those settings but it still came out of chair and nothing i do chair to headset gets mic working. Have splitter coming tomorrow so will see how that goes! Lol! X No to try and get rock band rivals musical equipment set up, that might be a new post again! Hahah!

Haha
I’ve got one of these and it broke the power won’t work
jamieswanborough23/12/2019 16:28

I’ve got one of these and it broke the power won’t work

Oh hell!! So far so good here so hoping it doesnt break down!

Also figured out my dilemma... i just had to plug a jack into the headphone socket to mute the volume
bambamsmam23/12/2019 16:31

Oh hell!! So far so good here so hoping it doesnt break down! Also … Oh hell!! So far so good here so hoping it doesnt break down! Also figured out my dilemma... i just had to plug a jack into the headphone socket to mute the volume

Thanks for letting me know
Arto23/12/2019 16:34

Thanks for letting me know

Haha no probs I literally just did it by accident 5 mins ago after buying several leads.. trying them in different ways and realised that actually just having a lead plugged in did the trick hahah!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions