Groups

xxx

xx

4 Comments

Def see an improvement since with XP 256 is the minimum needed, 512 I have on my old Pentium 4 and works great,

However you have to check if your PC supports it.

dcx_badass;6696977

256 isn't the minimum needed with XP at all, I run it on my old laptop … 256 isn't the minimum needed with XP at all, I run it on my old laptop with 64mb ram just fine.

I should say reccomended , according to MS it does work with 64 but limits a lot of features and my flatmate had 128(but had an integrated card that took away 32mb) and took about 15 minutes to even boot XP even after a full format and reinstall and after she got a 512mb stick it worked fast.

install ubuntu
    runs like sh*t of a stick!!

Op, what are you running on the pc?

Really depends on loads of factors, software, apps etc, but of note, I "upgraded" from 512 to 2 Gb but because the memory was slower, my system just about stayed the same.

Just saying, its not straightforward, but if you are running XP on a 6 year old machine, re-installing if you haven't done it before, is probably one of the quickest wins.

Oh, and good luck!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      2. Cat Chat76734
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1725

See more discussions