Groups

Yahoo email on outlook

Hi, is anyone able to help me please. I have had outlook set-up for several weeks to download my yahoo email and it has been working fine. Tried again today and it states that

Task 'POP3 Yahoo - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I haven't changed any of my settings.
    I can get to the emails if I sign in to Yahoo email so they are there to be had.

Please help.

11 Comments

Have a look here

support.microsoft.com/kb/…514

Additional research brings the following up as possible causes:
    This behavior may occur if any of the following conditions are true: • There are corrupted files on your hard disk.
    • You are running Norton Personal Firewall 2002.
    • You are running Norton Internet Security software.
    • You have installed an update to Microsoft Office.
    • The Norton anti-spam add-in is enabled in Outlook.
    Note Norton Personal Firewall 2002, Norton Internet Security software, and the Norton Anti-Spam add-in are supported by Symantec Inc.

You could also try this :
    error-repair-tools.com/ppc…img

[COLOR="Red"]WARNING !
    Make sure you back up your registry before messing with it !
    All the above has been sourced from a Google search and is not a personal recommendation
    [/COLOR].

If the above doesn't work the answer is on Google or MS Support

does anyone know if you can set outlook and hotmail up together? Always wanted to do that but dont know how

bargainhunter2009;4120627

does anyone know if you can set outlook and hotmail up together? Always … does anyone know if you can set outlook and hotmail up together? Always wanted to do that but dont know how

No you can't now. You will need to go over to the new Windows Live Mail.
    I'll see if I can find the link.

Here you go:
    freeemailtutorials.com/win…htm

Thanks hottoshop. I do have live mail sorry, buts its a hotmail address. Do you know how to connect live mail to outlook? I found something about a connector or something from microsoft, but it says i dont have office 2003 or 2007 - which I do! I have office 2007

Thanks

bargainhunter2009;4120795

Thanks hottoshop. I do have live mail sorry, buts its a hotmail address. … Thanks hottoshop. I do have live mail sorry, buts its a hotmail address. Do you know how to connect live mail to outlook? I found something about a connector or something from microsoft, but it says i dont have office 2003 or 2007 - which I do! I have office 2007Thanks

Not quite sure what you are asking here Bargain but to set your email program:

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Email > select outlook express or whichever

IS this what you mean ??

outlook with yahoo isnt saving my password, every 15 mins asks me to click ok, bit annoying now, not sure what the cause is

outlook can be set up to view hotmail messages on server, i have this running but it can be slow, but better than opening IE everytime a new message comes in as outlook is on all the time with me.

sorry for some reason I dont have outlook 2007 even though I have office 2007, whats that about? Anyway thanks for your help hottoshop

Original Poster

thanks for all the answers - but before I had a chance to try any it has started working again. Maybe the yahoo POP3 server was down.
    Will file your suggestions for another time but hope I never need them !!

bargainhunter2009;4121235

sorry for some reason I dont have outlook 2007 even though I have office … sorry for some reason I dont have outlook 2007 even though I have office 2007, whats that about? Anyway thanks for your help hottoshop

Have a look here Bargain:
    technet.microsoft.com/en-…spx

Hope it helps

Hi mine went t!t$ up last week.
    Going into settings and let it find the setting by doing repair account.

Then swap the smtp firewall setting to 465 from 25 i think.
    All else fails log into yahoo mail then options then pop and then theres a option for settings not listed.

Good look
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4692236
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846347
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764696
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2545

See more discussions