Expired

Yahoo sign in - account key

LocalFound 11th Apr 2017
Everytime I want to log into Yahoo mail (all except on mobile device which it accepted password) it does not recognise my password.

I tried to contact Yahoo but it gave me a series of sub menus to go through ending up with "has this helped"

I can't find an online chat nor a contact number or email support

Any help welcome
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Do you use any special characters or dashes in your password? Also it may be automatically capitalising the first letter on mobile.

Make sure that you are using a recent version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome.

Yahoo rolled out a feature that blocks login attempts from "insecure" devices and apps

Some non-Yahoo apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which … Some non-Yahoo apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which could leave your account vulnerable. You can turn off access (which we recommend) or choose to use them despite the risks.

Edited by: "SUMMONER" 12th Apr 2017
Has your keyboard changed or is this from multiple home computers?
You could try using the official Yahoo Mail app (there's one for Window 8 or 10 desktop). You may have changed the security settings to block access from "less secure applications".
help.yahoo.com/kb/…tml?
Maybe you have opted for the secure feature "Account Key" which sends a text message with a code to your mobile phone, which you need to enter into yahoo mail in order to sign in.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions