Groups

Yahoo Voice - Helping themselves to my credit card

I have just received my Barclaycard credit card bill for Sept and was horrified to see six unauthorised payments to Yahoo *voice* totalling £86.85, I have no idea what these payments are for and I certainly did not use any service that required payment, there was also some payments prior to these for 66p but some of that was refunded for some reason. I have called Barclaycard and cancelled my card but still have to find the funds to pay the bill to prevent any interest charge, and now have to contact Yahoo in my own time and at my own expense to get these funds returned.
    Has anyone else had a similar experience? I haven't signed up for any 'Yahoo voice' service I just have a email account, so any links or numbers to point me in the right direction would be a great help. :-(

10 Comments

consumer law says the credit card company is equally liable for any shortfall in service, can't understand why barclaycard are refusing to deal with what appears to be fraudulent use?

maddogb;3185875

consumer law says the credit card company is equally liable for any … consumer law says the credit card company is equally liable for any shortfall in service, can't understand why barclaycard are refusing to deal with what appears to be fraudulent use?

It's not over £100, they should still deal with it but the joint liability doesn't work in the same way under £100

but what is yahoo voice??

looks like a premium call service?

voice.yahoo.com/

Website says 'Use Phone Out to call landlines and mobile phones with great prices and clarity With low rates, no connection fees, and great sound quality, you can talk for hours and still save on your phone bill.'

I think it's using your computer (skype type thing) to make calls to landlines and mobiles.

Original Poster

hdixon85;3185955

I think it's using your computer (skype type thing) to make calls to … I think it's using your computer (skype type thing) to make calls to landlines and mobiles.

Humm, that's worth looking into, Its certainly nothing I've knowingly signed up for. Cheers for that :thumbsup:

I think when they nick the card details and spend them on voip calls so they can't be traced, ie they don't get stuff delivered to an address.

Banned

The small charges would have been for authentication like the paypal system to make sure the card was real and belonged to the card owner, then refunded. Unless they don't bother checking the owner of the card

I had a £15 once from Skype when ive never even used it , but i got my money returned straight back to me .....i remember last time i used that card was in an indian takeaway , now i dont trust using my card anywhere , seems everyones at it , petrol stations , Morrions , the lot lol

Mmmm maybe the influx of illegal immigrants who want to ring home , who know:whistling:s

Happened to a friend of mine who used a certain online check out. Her details were taken and used to purchase a whole range of goods!

Original Poster

Been on to Yahoo and their treating it as fraud and need me to fax the credit card statements and fingers crossed they'll sort it out, been busy deleting some Skype contacts and personal details on my machine, now I can't remember some of my old passwords :oops: .

One last rant though, why oh why can't these companies employ helpline people that can speak English with clarity!!!, I could hardly understand what the guy from Yahoo was mumbling about, it drives me to despair it really does.:x

Thanks to all for the help though:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?58
      2. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…11
      3. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits11
      4. Biscuit addiction1537

See more discussions