Yale alarm bell box DD batteries, where from?

Found 24th Nov 2017
I have replaced my Yale Alarm bell box batteries twice in 2 months now. I bought Duracell ultra and Duracell standard alkaline from Asda both times.
When i bought the yale set, the battery was Duracell too but they lasted 18 months.
The issue is i have to pay £10 to someone to bring his ladders amd change them for me.

Has anyone else been through this issue with the alarm batteries (DD) for the bell box? where can i buy them from?

Its a telecommunications alarm, i have rang yale but they can't help if it's over 2 years nor do they sell batteries.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Cant help with battery recommendations but is it possible to have the sounder relocated near a windows so you can change them yourself?
paulj486 m ago

Cant help with battery recommendations but is it possible to have the …Cant help with battery recommendations but is it possible to have the sounder relocated near a windows so you can change them yourself?

No then anyone else can take it off such as kids or theifs etc.
Im reffering to the bell box outside the house.
Misslovely3 m ago

No then anyone else can take it off such as kids or theifs etc. Im …No then anyone else can take it off such as kids or theifs etc. Im reffering to the bell box outside the house.

Maybe I wrongly presumed you had a second level in your home, I take it you live in a downstairs flat or bungalow then?
I think paulj48 means near an upstairs window so you can lean out slightly and change batteries, What about rechargeable batteries and charger. Lidl do a good range when on offer\instore. Also using rechargeable batteries is better for the environment and your pocket.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 24th Nov 2017
paulj4831 m ago

Maybe I wrongly presumed you had a second level in your home, I take it …Maybe I wrongly presumed you had a second level in your home, I take it you live in a downstairs flat or bungalow then?

Oh sorry i didn't know what you meant hehe.
I live in a terrace house. If i fitted it near the window then im sure my arms wouldn't reach
I know lots of people have Yale Alarm fitted and lots of them have been posted on here but id really like to know where they have brought the battery from.
Surely if you have purchased Duracell ultra then it does not get much better than that capacity wise. The ultra are probably better than what came with alarm originally, if the batteries are now only lasting a few weeks something must have gone wrong to now be draining through the batteries, if you can not afford to get it fixed and are going to start going through batteries then surely rechargeable is the only way to go,

I wonder if a neighbor has recently installed a new wireless device, router\alarm etc and it is effecting your alarm box making it work harder to communicate with the rest of your yale alarm system.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 24th Nov 2017
Amazon sell Duracell Plus Power if that helps. Also, as per the manual, if you disable the flashing light (i.e. so that it only comes on when the alarm is triggered) the batteries last a lot longer.

HTH.
POWYSWALES33 m ago

Surely if you have purchased Duracell ultra then it does not get much …Surely if you have purchased Duracell ultra then it does not get much better than that capacity wise. The ultra are probably better than what came with alarm originally, if the batteries are now only lasting a few weeks something must have gone wrong to now be draining through the batteries, if you can not afford to get it fixed and are going to start going through batteries then surely rechargeable is the only way to go,I wonder if a neighbor has recently installed a new wireless device, router\alarm etc and it is effecting your alarm box making it work harder to communicate with the rest of your yale alarm system.

Thanks, I will look at rechargeable batteries.
I can't see anyone else who has a new alarm fitted so il have to see what happens when i replace them.
I really dont want to pay for a new bell box, as a last resort.
I've got a Yale alarm(came with house) and had issues with the batteries. Had the annoying beeps, bought expensive high power batteries and after replaced then still got the annoying battery low beeps. Not a fan of the system to be honest. Will change one day. Wish I could stop these bloody beeps though....
Misslovely9 h, 9 m ago

Thanks, I will look at rechargeable batteries.I can't see anyone else who …Thanks, I will look at rechargeable batteries.I can't see anyone else who has a new alarm fitted so il have to see what happens when i replace them. I really dont want to pay for a new bell box, as a last resort.

Surely rechargeable batteries doesn't solve anything, expensive to buy at that size, guy would still have to come with ladders, take them out, you charge them and then he comes back and you are still paying him unless I've misunderstood. Have you tested the system lately, I wonder if it still works ok.
i get about 2 years out of Duracell plus I buy from Amazon
i would ring Yale back for advice. My Yale alarm is about 10 year old but they will still advise me.
I'll dig out the number if you wish
snoopy1817 h, 39 m ago

Surely rechargeable batteries doesn't solve anything, expensive to buy at …Surely rechargeable batteries doesn't solve anything, expensive to buy at that size, guy would still have to come with ladders, take them out, you charge them and then he comes back and you are still paying him unless I've misunderstood. Have you tested the system lately, I wonder if it still works ok.i get about 2 years out of Duracell plus I buy from Amazoni would ring Yale back for advice. My Yale alarm is about 10 year old but they will still advise me.I'll dig out the number if you wish

I rang Yale but they couldn't offer a solution but advice because mine is 2 years old.
I thought of buying my own big ladders or borrow them this time from a neighbour as a one off. My bell box did work when he fitted the new batteries, but didn't last long.

Iv bought some batteries from amazon for my door sensor but that keeps saying battery low too so i don't trust amazon batteries.
Misslovely1 h, 3 m ago

I rang Yale but they couldn't offer a solution but advice because mine is …I rang Yale but they couldn't offer a solution but advice because mine is 2 years old. I thought of buying my own big ladders or borrow them this time from a neighbour as a one off. My bell box did work when he fitted the new batteries, but didn't last long. Iv bought some batteries from amazon for my door sensor but that keeps saying battery low too so i don't trust amazon batteries.

I can't see what age matters to Yale, tell them it's 6 months old, it's not like you are after a refund, I would ring again. Buy a little battery tester if you also. I ve never had a problem with Amazon but wouldn't use a third party seller, good luck .
snoopy1812 m ago

I can't see what age matters to Yale, tell them it's 6 months old, it's …I can't see what age matters to Yale, tell them it's 6 months old, it's not like you are after a refund, I would ring again. Buy a little battery tester if you also. I ve never had a problem with Amazon but wouldn't use a third party seller, good luck .

I think i might just give them a random name lol.
Misslovely7 h, 14 m ago

I think i might just give them a random name lol.

I Will ring them fir you nobp
snoopy1816 h, 27 m ago

I Will ring them fir you nobp

That would be lovely snoopy if you could.
Thanks.
Misslovely24th Nov

Oh sorry i didn't know what you meant hehe.I live in a terrace house. If i …Oh sorry i didn't know what you meant hehe.I live in a terrace house. If i fitted it near the window then im sure my arms wouldn't reach I know lots of people have Yale Alarm fitted and lots of them have been posted on here but id really like to know where they have brought the battery from.

If you still insist on having a wireless alarm then there is a solution some people use and wire a fly lead from the external alarm sounder through the wall and house the batteries inside, this then gives easy access in the future. There will be some costs involved doing this and you'll have to find an engineer to do it but will pay for itself eventually.
paulj481 h, 53 m ago

If you still insist on having a wireless alarm then there is a solution …If you still insist on having a wireless alarm then there is a solution some people use and wire a fly lead from the external alarm sounder through the wall and house the batteries inside, this then gives easy access in the future. There will be some costs involved doing this and you'll have to find an engineer to do it but will pay for itself eventually.

I think that will be a hasstle unless I go to china to get it done.something like a toy car battery which uses a remote then get it drilled through my bricks right into bedroom.
Misslovely2 m ago

I think that will be a hasstle unless I go to china to get it …I think that will be a hasstle unless I go to china to get it done.something like a toy car battery which uses a remote then get it drilled through my bricks right into bedroom.

quite common for alarm installers to do this, save you paying £10 every month but your choice.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions