Yamaha Tricity vs NMAX

Found 28th Jun 2017
Hi guys,

So have done my CBT and now I need a bike to commute to city.I have got a job with early start 5ish in the morning so I needed a bike,no bicycle(showering opportunities are missing:/) .I was walking by the Yamaha dealer somedays and can not decide which bike would suit me.Nmax or Tricity.I need something economical and "safe" as I am a new driver.I have found a tricity around £1800 but the 2016 version with the older engine an chassy etc.The Nmax is around £1650 with low milage.I do not want to spend a lot on a new bike,possible coming offs,LOL.BUT still need a reliable and good bike.So I have found these two and would love to ask which is a better option for an inexperienced driver?

Thanks guys
Community Updates
AskYamaha
5 Comments
i bought an NMAX 125 last July from the Yamaha dealer... it was a great offer 'new' as i too needed a bike to commute 46 miles return journey each day to and from work seeing off at 6am... it does top end 67mph averagung 103 miles to the gallon.. £8.15 to fill (current price of fuel). £105 insurance and £18 tax... I'm too on a CBT... what Yamaha dealership did offer was interest free credit for 3 years £2700 to which i put £700 cash down and took £2000 interest free £55 a month and they through in CBT, free helmet and gloves... so £55 a month plus £8.75 a month insurance.. its a really nippy bike and very cost effective bike.. ive done 9000 miles in the last 11 months...
simon3048

i bought an NMAX 125 last July from the Yamaha dealer... it was a great … i bought an NMAX 125 last July from the Yamaha dealer... it was a great offer 'new' as i too needed a bike to commute 46 miles return journey each day to and from work seeing off at 6am... it does top end 67mph averagung 103 miles to the gallon.. £8.15 to fill (current price of fuel). £105 insurance and £18 tax... I'm too on a CBT... what Yamaha dealership did offer was interest free credit for 3 years £2700 to which i put £700 cash down and took £2000 interest free £55 a month and they through in CBT, free helmet and gloves... so £55 a month plus £8.75 a month insurance.. its a really nippy bike and very cost effective bike.. ive done 9000 miles in the last 11 months...

Thanks Simon.The price seems to be gone up,and there is no such a deal you had here in Surrey I am afraid.£105 insurance?Wow that is very low.
it was £135 last year.. i just called them two days ago to renew on the 14th July and it dropped by £30.. if you can buy one at maybe a year old you would be buying a decent bike.. shame you werent closer as i would seriuosly consider selling you mine
I have found nmax for £1600 which is not a bad price,£1850 for the tricity.Both under 5k miles.
reggea861 h, 2 m ago

I have found nmax for £1600 which is not a bad price,£1850 for the t …I have found nmax for £1600 which is not a bad price,£1850 for the tricity.Both under 5k miles.

​very good price and 5k mileage is nothing... that's like new.. what colour
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants