Yaris or i10? Which car to get?

Found 3rd Jun
I'm looking to buy a new car for the Mrs. Narrowed it down between a Hyundai i10 with every option on a PCP deal for £150 per month or Toyota Yaris, decent spec with either petrol or Hybrid engine for around £180 per month. Both within budget but the Hyundai seems better spec.

Which would you suggest?
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
22 Comments
The i10 wins all if the car reviews, Yaris well no where near, years ago was one of the best small cars but doesn’t even get a mention now.
Ask her which she wants???
psychobitchfromhell12 m ago

Ask her which she wants???

She doesn't mind. She's happy with either. I'm looking at from a reliability and comfort perspective. I've owned Toyotas in the past, service has been fantastic, but the cheaper Hyundai is very tempting. Especially when it has things like Apple Carplay.
davewave3 m ago

Perhaps she isn't allowed on the internet?

but she's allowed a car? .... It isn't like OP is buying, only leasing so just get whichever she prefers.
Madferrit4 m ago

She doesn't mind. She's happy with either. I'm looking at from a …She doesn't mind. She's happy with either. I'm looking at from a reliability and comfort perspective. I've owned Toyotas in the past, service has been fantastic, but the cheaper Hyundai is very tempting. Especially when it has things like Apple Carplay.

I've driven Toyotas to death but never had a hyundai. If it is a lease then surely the long term reliability isn't an issue. Three years and it will be history.
psychobitchfromhell1 m ago

I've driven Toyotas to death but never had a hyundai. If it is a lease …I've driven Toyotas to death but never had a hyundai. If it is a lease then surely the long term reliability isn't an issue. Three years and it will be history.

good point.. I'm steering towards the Hyundai as it also comes with heated seats and steering wheel on top of the other options.
Madferrit3 m ago

good point.. I'm steering towards the Hyundai as it also comes with heated …good point.. I'm steering towards the Hyundai as it also comes with heated seats and steering wheel on top of the other options.

Oooh. Heated seats are goooood. I have heated seats.
psychobitchfromhell10 m ago

Oooh. Heated seats are goooood. I have heated seats.

Agree. On cold evenings when I pick the kids up it is funny to see them running for the car to bag the front seat (I'm a pleb - only front heated seats).
mas994 m ago

Agree. On cold evenings when I pick the kids up it is funny to see them …Agree. On cold evenings when I pick the kids up it is funny to see them running for the car to bag the front seat (I'm a pleb - only front heated seats).

Yeah. It is such a lovely feeling.
Are the total figures £150/180 a month or is there any upfront payments?
I10's are brilliant cars. You get a lot for your money. But isn't a yaris more of an equivalent to an i20 or i30 in size? The i10 is probably aygo level.
Edited by: "master10" 3rd Jun
Seems like a curious pair. The direct rivals would be the Hyundai i10 and Toyota Aygo, or Toyota Yaris and Hyundai i20.
master1014 m ago

I10's are brilliant cars. You get a lot for your money. But isn't a yaris …I10's are brilliant cars. You get a lot for your money. But isn't a yaris more of an equivalent to an i20 or i30 in size? The i10 is probably aygo level.

We are actually replacing an Aygo. The i10 looks like a better build compared to the current Aygo, and I didn't fancy going for a that so looked at the current deals on the Yaris which looks quite good. Even though the road tax on the Yaris is a lot less, the savings on the monthly costs make up for the road tax on the i10.
EndlessWaves3 m ago

Seems like a curious pair. The direct rivals would be the Hyundai i10 and …Seems like a curious pair. The direct rivals would be the Hyundai i10 and Toyota Aygo, or Toyota Yaris and Hyundai i20.

i20s are costing more than the Yaris.. but only because Toyota have a pretty decent 0% finance offer at the moment.
Have you looked at the Twingo/Forfour? That's a nice car of a similar size.
had an i10 on holiday for hire car. awful awful awful. brothers got a yaris and it's pretty good for what it is. go for the hybrid
I've had my Yaris 9 years in September and can't fault it. Still drives like new, ok it's only got 32k miles on it from new (I'm the only owner) and can recommend them.

Ok room wise and I'm a lanky legged 5ft 10 female with 3 x 6ft 1 to 6ft 5 sons and we all fit in no problems. Boot is not the biggest, but you can split the rear seats push them forward and extend your boot if needed. I've fitted plenty big things in the car with no problems.
cheekyweegit7 h, 16 m ago

I've had my Yaris 9 years in September and can't fault it. Still drives …I've had my Yaris 9 years in September and can't fault it. Still drives like new, ok it's only got 32k miles on it from new (I'm the only owner) and can recommend them.Ok room wise and I'm a lanky legged 5ft 10 female with 3 x 6ft 1 to 6ft 5 sons and we all fit in no problems. Boot is not the biggest, but you can split the rear seats push them forward and extend your boot if needed. I've fitted plenty big things in the car with no problems.

32k miles...that's almost unused it drives like new because it is like new.
cheekyweegit7 h, 40 m ago

I've had my Yaris 9 years in September and can't fault it. Still drives …I've had my Yaris 9 years in September and can't fault it. Still drives like new, ok it's only got 32k miles on it from new (I'm the only owner) and can recommend them.Ok room wise and I'm a lanky legged 5ft 10 female with 3 x 6ft 1 to 6ft 5 sons and we all fit in no problems. Boot is not the biggest, but you can split the rear seats push them forward and extend your boot if needed. I've fitted plenty big things in the car with no problems.

the new Yaris and old cannot be compared
Madferrit15 h, 33 m ago

good point.. I'm steering towards the Hyundai as it also comes with heated …good point.. I'm steering towards the Hyundai as it also comes with heated seats and steering wheel on top of the other options.

I thought steering wheels where standard on most cars today.

Get a proper small car like a fiesta, them i10's just cause huge tailbacks as they never seem to get over 30mph.
eslick7 h, 12 m ago

the new Yaris and old cannot be compared

Totally agree, the two tone colours on the front for starters is minging - a real put off!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants