Yass! My GTA 4 has been posted!!

51 replies
Found 24th Apr 2008
Just got a mail from HMV that my game is now been dispatched!

I receive a mail yesterday saying that it will be sent via special delivery so looks like I will have the game tomorrow!

Yass!! What a weekend this is gonna be!!

51 Comments

Banned

they broke the street date? I assumed most online retailers dispatched them for people to receive on launch day

Original Poster

Proximo;1959659

they broke the street date? I assumed most online retailers dispatched … they broke the street date? I assumed most online retailers dispatched them for people to receive on launch day

Not sure but am pretty chuffed if I do get it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

what is a GTA IV is that a computerama gamey thing?

ctuk;1959694

what is a GTA IV is that a computerama gamey thing?

LOL
yes it is probably one of the most anticipated games of this year!

I wouldn't post until I had it on my very hands.

Rockstar will be unhappy. They're only allowed to post it out a certain amount of days before [which would be saturday]

Game always post early

got mine posted too

mine is still held as a preorder think im gonna cancel and just go in store on tues

been playin it today on a friends 360. really good game, story is quite good. makes me wanna go out and get another console

aint there better things to do thanplay games?

muffin247;1961251

aint there better things to do thanplay games?

Post on forums?

Mine was posted yesterday as well :-D, unfortunately my exams are coming up so to avoid temptation I'm going to leave it sealed until May 8th, last day of my exams :x

Have they actually posted it? Or are they just picking, packing, sticking in big mail sacks and marking as dispatched?

Titchimp;1961602

Have they actually posted it? Or are they just picking, packing, sticking … Have they actually posted it? Or are they just picking, packing, sticking in big mail sacks and marking as dispatched?

Mine seems to have been dispatched and they have taken the money for it

Yessss, Mine dispatched too with special delivery !! (For Free!)

So if I get tomorrow will be a result !

1 x Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
1 x £130 Voucher Booklet
1 x 1000 Xbox Live Points

All for £39.99 ! Thanks HMV !

Seems to me they are just marking the standard edition as despatched...

I pre-order special edition and it seems no-one has mentioned there's being marked as despatched yet.

Browni;1961447

Post on forums?

LOL:-D

I'll belive it when i see it, my guess is that they have such a huge amount of orders they are 'dispatching' them in groups. They wont actually send them till monday though

t0mm;1960268

Rockstar will be unhappy. They're only allowed to post it out a certain … Rockstar will be unhappy. They're only allowed to post it out a certain amount of days before [which would be saturday]

Do you know everything?

ciazman;1961791

Do you know everything?

Many sites posted info that UK retailers signed a contract saying they wouldnt send out before april 28th

ciazman;1961791

Do you know everything?

Titchimp;1961816

Many sites posted info that UK retailers signed a contract saying they … Many sites posted info that UK retailers signed a contract saying they wouldnt send out before april 28th

merci beaucoup Tichimp.

stratomaster;1962045

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXkeAtnC0b0

Fake

I know, no shrink wrap or seal

or xbox hologram thing on the of the disc holes thing

ciazman;1961791

Do you know everything?

Well it's pretty common knowlege that that is how things work.

I'll be quite annoyed if people get that game before I do!!! :x

I think his dig at me backfired.

t0mm;1960268

Rockstar will be unhappy. They're only allowed to post it out a certain … Rockstar will be unhappy. They're only allowed to post it out a certain amount of days before [which would be saturday]

Most retailers have signed a contract with Take 2 stating that they can only to post the game so that it arrives on release day.

so where will microsoft and rockstar stand with banning unofficial users going online if these copies will be received tomorrow

jackthelad;1961645

Yessss, Mine dispatched too with special delivery !! (For Free!)So if I … Yessss, Mine dispatched too with special delivery !! (For Free!)So if I get tomorrow will be a result !1 x Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)1 x £130 Voucher Booklet1 x 1000 Xbox Live PointsAll for £39.99 ! Thanks HMV !

I'm glad I ordered from HMV . Should be here tomorrow and even better with student discount and quidco :-D

Original Poster

Anyone get theirs yet? am at work so i dunno if mine is in yet

no sign of mine and the postman has just been

severely doubt a large retailer such as HMV would break the worldwide rockstar release date. They have probably 'dispatched' them already, to make sure that the game turns up tuesday morning. I wouldn't get your hopes up!

I think I read somewhere that you can set your live profile so that no one can see what games you are playing.

People who had been given early copies for things like reviews were instructed to do this. Not sure if this means people who play the games early may be penalized in some way (don't see why).

Banned

uhh a few people have it early its not as impressive when every 5th person has an early copy

I ordered with Zavvi.

Should get it at the start of June. :-D

IWannaBeAdored;1972863

I ordered with Zavvi.Should get it at the start of June. :-D

ROFL. On tuesday morning im going to run into my flatmate's bedroom at 5am like its xmas.

Or like the disney adverts "i cant sleep, i'm too excited" :whistling:

OP, did you get it then?

I havent :x

I assume he hasn't either ! Its not as if a special delivery takes 4 days !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2130
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769295
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions