Groups

YAST (Yet Another SKY Thread)

Curse their clever price plans!

I'm looking to reduce my monthly outgoings, so the £57 that we give to SKY has to be the first to change...

I was all set on splitting the movies and sports, so that I only get SKY Sports 1.... Turns out that the only way to get the HD version of the channel is if you get the whole Sports pack!!!! Robbers.

8 Comments

Original Poster

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8016/sportsv.jpg

Banned

meh, it's sky. I'd like to say I'm surprised...however I'd be lying.

can you not ask if there are any offers on at the moment. i just signed back up to the sports package for half price for 3 months. i was offered the movies at a reduced rate too, not that i took it up. my sister recently for a decent reduction too when she said she was looking to cut down on her bill.

bababooey, bababooey, bababooey!

Original Poster

kj23;5645488

can you not ask if there are any offers on at the moment. i just signed … can you not ask if there are any offers on at the moment. i just signed back up to the sports package for half price for 3 months. i was offered the movies at a reduced rate too, not that i took it up. my sister recently for a decent reduction too when she said she was looking to cut down on her bill.bababooey, bababooey, bababooey!

Yeah I tried that last week.. Their best offer was to reduce my total bill by 5% per month for 3 months!! Lol.

they tried that on me previously. i got a letter the other week saying i could have the sports at half price or the movies. there was no ref# on it and they said it was fine when i rang up. not sure if it's worth trying your luck on that. or threatening to cancel altogether.

ma-ma-monkey!

I got them to reduce my subscription to £23/month for 6 months. That is for the 6 variety mixes, sports and movies.

To be honest there are not many deals on and you really just have to be nice and see what , if anything, they can do. I do get the impression that every call is logged now - so they can tell if you have tried to blag another deal.

I actually got my deal through the post - but my mate phoned and simply said that 'a friend' (me) had got this deal and wondered if he could take it up as well. He managed to get it too.

Original Poster

I'm gonna remove both the sports and the movies for a bit, and see if they come back to me with an offer.
    If not, I'll re-add sports 1 to get the footie..

sounds like a plan!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media when moving house33
      2. Apple Watch S1 Black Friday 2016 UK Deals11
      3. dishwasher mistake913
      4. Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition pre order glitch45

See more discussions