Groups

Yayyy!!!! I've just got wireless connected so i can finally use my bargain acer a150!!

i can finally go on here from my sofa
    only thing is i can't work out how to print on my epson sx600fw from it

20 Comments

Congrats :P Sometime I wish I had a lappy instead of sitting at my desk all day

is the printer wirless enabled ? For my lexmark i had to plug the printer to the laptop first, then set up the wireless (using my wireless router) then it worked after that

Much more comfy on the sofa isn't it

Banned

You didnt buy a "bargain" Epson SX600FW for £22.80 from Tesco as well did you?

Banned

4lyons09;5914622

Dining Table or bed is preferable. :whistling:

Original Poster

faevilangel;5914603

is the printer wirless enabled ? For my lexmark i had to plug the printer … is the printer wirless enabled ? For my lexmark i had to plug the printer to the laptop first, then set up the wireless (using my wireless router) then it worked after that

yes it's wirless enabled and i have it set up as a shared printer on my network connection but haven't a clue why i can't print from it :?
    with my other pc i had to load a cd on but i thought as it's wireless & i have it set to share it would print

Original Poster

rwm24;5914599

Congrats :P Sometime I wish I had a lappy instead of sitting at my desk … Congrats :P Sometime I wish I had a lappy instead of sitting at my desk all day

thanks - you should get one :thumbsup:

4lyons09;5914622

yep & i can see the telly now :-D

guv;5914634

You didnt buy a "bargain" Epson SX600FW for £22.80 from Tesco as well did … You didnt buy a "bargain" Epson SX600FW for £22.80 from Tesco as well did you?

yes did you?
    guv;5914644

i used to have to sit at the dining table

cheerleader;5914669

yes it's wirless enabled and i have it set up as a shared printer on my … yes it's wirless enabled and i have it set up as a shared printer on my network connection but haven't a clue why i can't print from it :?with my other pc i had to load a cd on but i thought as it's wireless & i have it set to share it would print

you need to tell the pc to send it via wireless, load the cd and should be an option when setting it, to print wirelessly

guv;5914644

:w00t::w00t:

Original Poster

faevilangel;5914707

you need to tell the pc to send it via wireless, load the cd and should … you need to tell the pc to send it via wireless, load the cd and should be an option when setting it, to print wirelessly

ahhhh :roll: thanks can't be bothered to fuss about with the printer anymore today so will give it a go tomorrow :thumbsup:

Banned

cheerleader;5914697

yes did you?

Nah.... I did ring up - but my local branches never had them (or at least thats what they said.)

Original Poster

guv;5914776

Nah.... I did ring up - but my local branches never had them (or at least … Nah.... I did ring up - but my local branches never had them (or at least thats what they said.)

i rang up my local branch yesterday afternoon & they said they had 2 but they were 146.97!! i asked her to scan one and she said oh you're right they are 22.78 i asked her if i could reserve both as i wanted to get one for my mum's birthday but she said they're not allowed to reserve & i thought oh well if they have them priced up at 147 pounds they will still both be there 10 mins later but one had supposedly just been sold when i got there!! last time i tip off tesco staff :lol:

don't know what's going on with this netbook now as i can't do the pound symbol & i have to use " to get @ :?

cheerleader;5914873

i rang up my local branch yesterday afternoon & they said they had 2 but … i rang up my local branch yesterday afternoon & they said they had 2 but they were 146.97!! i asked her to scan one and she said oh you're right they are 22.78 i asked her if i could reserve both as i wanted to get one for my mum's birthday but she said they're not allowed to reserve & i thought oh well if they have them priced up at 147 pounds they will still both be there 10 mins later but one had supposedly just been sold when i got there!! last time i tip off tesco staff :lol:don't know what's going on with this netbook now as i can't do the pound symbol & i have to use " to get @ :?

your keyboard is set to american by default-change it to uk english to get the symbols correctly.

barky;5914965

your keyboard is set to american by default-change it to uk english to … your keyboard is set to american by default-change it to uk english to get the symbols correctly.

+1 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

barky;5914965

your keyboard is set to american by default-change it to uk english to … your keyboard is set to american by default-change it to uk english to get the symbols correctly.

do you know how to change it cos i can't find how to in the manual? :?
    also i can't scroll down the page properly either :-(

cheerleader;5917051

do you know how to change it cos i can't find how to in the manual? … do you know how to change it cos i can't find how to in the manual? :?also i can't scroll down the page properly either :-(

its in keyboard layout settings.-if your netbook is running linux the icon is in the bottom right of the screen-in windows will be in control panel under devices.

Original Poster

it is on linux but i can either click on english keyboard or english/european keyboard in the bottom right of the screen but it doesn't seem to make any difference :?
    any other ideas? thanks

cheerleader;5917373

it is on linux but i can either click on english keyboard or … it is on linux but i can either click on english keyboard or english/european keyboard in the bottom right of the screen but it doesn't seem to make any difference :?any other ideas? thanks

once youve selected english european reboot your computer-that should do it

in linux-click settings(little wheel with cogs bottom right),keyboard layout,tick english uk-reboot.

Original Poster

barky;5917424

in linux-click settings(little wheel with cogs bottom right),keyboard … in linux-click settings(little wheel with cogs bottom right),keyboard layout,tick english uk-reboot.

i've just done that & it's still not working:-(
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767286
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407240
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424314491

See more discussions