Expired

Yeah Christmas

Found 25th Dec 2017
The perfect day to discover my kid has threadworms

The internets say i can go to a pharmacy to get treatment, i have a nhs exemption card, can i use that at the pharmacy or do i need to get a perception to have it for free?

I fully expect he will be infected again as soon as he goes back to school and that this is just something I'm going to need to keep an eye out for.

I'll tell the school when he goes back so they are aware the place is probably full of it.

Meh
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Segata-Sanshiro19 m ago

I don't want to pay a tenner, I'm sure he'll get it again the moment he …I don't want to pay a tenner, I'm sure he'll get it again the moment he sets foot in that school its probably full of it, i think having the bathrooms right next to the classrooms with no doors is probably encouraging it.Annoying i don't want to go to the doctors thats a painOh well I'm surprised he's not got nits yet

You don't want to pay 10 quid to get rid of your child's parasitic infestation?

Don' waste the tax payers money on a GP appointment as any prescription will cost us all £47 on average.
Graham197935 m ago

You don't want to pay 10 quid to get rid of your child's parasitic …You don't want to pay 10 quid to get rid of your child's parasitic infestation?Don' waste the tax payers money on a GP appointment as any prescription will cost us all £47 on average.

It's Christmas graham, some people have different priorities,
32906476-tSODd.jpg
Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 13 m ago

I don't want to pay a tenner, I'm sure he'll get it again the moment he …I don't want to pay a tenner, I'm sure he'll get it again the moment he sets foot in that school its probably full of it, i think having the bathrooms right next to the classrooms with no doors is probably encouraging it.Annoying i don't want to go to the doctors thats a painOh well I'm surprised he's not got nits yet

I pay more than that too prevent them for my cat. Really? Have a word with yourself. You just said you got Christmas money.
I feel so sorry for the child's suffering. The intense itching won't help and i'd be trying to find an emergency pharmacy to help the child. Also I would be stripping the bed down and putting it on a high wash with any towels too. Hope you can put the welfare of your child 1st.
87 Comments
You need a prescription to get it for free
32906160-u664J.jpg
not great but both my parents are properly ill if that makes you feel any better ?
Edited by: "Wongy110" 25th Dec 2017
Mebendazole is over the counter for about a tenner.
He won’t necessarily pick it up again, good hand hygiene helps. Encourage/teach him to wash his hands after going to the loo etc.
You can get treatment over over the counter,no need to waste a Gp appointment.
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 25th Dec 2017
I don't want to pay a tenner, I'm sure he'll get it again the moment he sets foot in that school its probably full of it, i think having the bathrooms right next to the classrooms with no doors is probably encouraging it.

Annoying i don't want to go to the doctors thats a pain

Oh well I'm surprised he's not got nits yet
Segata-Sanshiro19 m ago

You don't want to pay 10 quid to get rid of your child's parasitic infestation?

Don' waste the tax payers money on a GP appointment as any prescription will cost us all £47 on average.
Segata-Sanshiro52 m ago

You should keep your kids in an airtight, zip lock bag to protect them from all these childhood illnesses.

I'm sure someone will foot the bill to help your child though.
Graham197935 m ago

You don't want to pay 10 quid to get rid of your child's parasitic …You don't want to pay 10 quid to get rid of your child's parasitic infestation?Don' waste the tax payers money on a GP appointment as any prescription will cost us all £47 on average.

It's Christmas graham, some people have different priorities,
32906476-tSODd.jpg
deleted1416210
shadey1234 m ago

It's Christmas graham, some people have different priorities,[Image]

Seriously shocking priorities
Edited by: "deleted1416210" 25th Dec 2017
AND the kids are not back at school for weeks. Disgusting parenting (although I think OP will be shamed into getting their children treated thanks to HUKD :D. )
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 12 m ago

You need a prescription to get it for free

Or a bit of morality to buy it over the counter instead of wasting NHS funds.
Wongy1102 h, 2 m ago

[Image] not great but both my parents are properly ill if that makes you …[Image] not great but both my parents are properly ill if that makes you feel any better ?

Hope they get well soon wongy
summerof766 m ago

Hope they get well soon wongy

Thank you summer 💖

and merry christmas
Edited by: "Wongy110" 25th Dec 2017
Wongy11016 m ago

Thank you summer 💖and merry christmas

Same to you wongy
32906826-nlDqm.jpg

Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 13 m ago

I pay more than that too prevent them for my cat. Really? Have a word with yourself. You just said you got Christmas money.
summerof766 m ago

Same to you wongy[Image]

32906857-u59EZ.jpg
splender2 h, 27 m ago

Mebendazole is over the counter for about a tenner.

You'd be able to charge more if you treated your threadworms first.
On another note, someone tried to commit suicide near where I live today.
Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 19 m ago

Having bathrooms next to classrooms will be nothing to do with it, more likely all those kids that don’t wash their hands after going to the toilet. Surely teaching kids hand hygiene is one of the first things you teach them when they’re young and able to go to the toilet themselves.

Im sure the School will be willing to move the bogs for you because you can’t be bothered helping to stop the problem.

I can’t believe you’re not willing to pay £10 to get treatment for your boy, I’m sure you won’t rhink twice about wasting a gp appointment or going out and buying a game for an Xbox/PS4 or whatever it is you are constantly playing!
Graham197933 m ago

AND the kids are not back at school for weeks. Disgusting parenting …AND the kids are not back at school for weeks. Disgusting parenting (although I think OP will be shamed into getting their children treated thanks to HUKD :D. )

Not she won’t, she would rather sit on a forum mumping and moaning about how life isn’t fair.

I feel sorry for her kid.
In fairness all kids are entitled to free prescriptions. Has nothing to do with earnings etc. I'd just go get the stuff myself rather than hang on to see a doctor but that's just me.
Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 39 m ago

Others have had a go at you for this, and I share their thoughts on the matter, but I’m curious to know why you think your child picked up the worms at school.
I feel so sorry for the child's suffering. The intense itching won't help and i'd be trying to find an emergency pharmacy to help the child. Also I would be stripping the bed down and putting it on a high wash with any towels too. Hope you can put the welfare of your child 1st.
When my daughter had threadworms the whole family had to be treated .Not sure if thats still the case check to be safe
Nana1425th Dec 2017

When my daughter had threadworms the whole family had to be treated .Not …When my daughter had threadworms the whole family had to be treated .Not sure if thats still the case check to be safe

32907107-bAOXA.jpgYep,
Merry Christmas all but what does this have to say about the Uk ffs ?

we have the likes of Lewis Hamilton conning/amazon you out of millions......
Wongy1107 m ago

Merry Christmas all but what does this have to say about the Uk ffs ?we …Merry Christmas all but what does this have to say about the Uk ffs ?we have the likes of Lewis Hamilton conning/amazon you out of millions......

I like Lewis Hamilton and he's worked hard for what he's achieved in life
summerof767 m ago

I like Lewis Hamilton and he's worked hard for what he's achieved in life …I like Lewis Hamilton and he's worked hard for what he's achieved in life

He has worked hard by most accounts and seems like a very nice chap

but as it turns out is an utter utter ahole

seems to be a trend with people in 'motosport' ?
Wongy11021 m ago

Merry Christmas all but what does this have to say about the Uk ffs ?we …Merry Christmas all but what does this have to say about the Uk ffs ?we have the likes of Lewis Hamilton conning/amazon you out of millions......

We have parents who won't spend a few pounds on having their children's parasites treated?
shadey123 h, 5 m ago

It's Christmas graham, some people have different priorities,[Image]

Well Lego can be addictive for kids
Predikuesi2 h, 19 m ago

Others have had a go at you for this, and I share their thoughts on the …Others have had a go at you for this, and I share their thoughts on the matter, but I’m curious to know why you think your child picked up the worms at school.

Where else would he get em. Google says its common in kids under ten and mainly gets picked up at school.
summerof762 h, 21 m ago

I feel so sorry for the child's suffering. The intense itching won't help …I feel so sorry for the child's suffering. The intense itching won't help and i'd be trying to find an emergency pharmacy to help the child. Also I would be stripping the bed down and putting it on a high wash with any towels too. Hope you can put the welfare of your child 1st.

What itching he feels fine, he might have had em months, I'm afraid i noticed them because he had a small brown accident, and that accident had things in it.

He's not complained about any itching or anything.
Graham19791 h, 48 m ago

We have parents who won't spend a few pounds on having their children's …We have parents who won't spend a few pounds on having their children's parasites treated?

But it the Christmas of that has worms, not the patent
Rubisco3 h, 0 m ago

You'd be able to charge more if you treated your threadworms first.

Free from Santa.
Segata-Sanshiro18 m ago

Where else would he get em. Google says its common in kids under ten and …Where else would he get em. Google says its common in kids under ten and mainly gets picked up at school.

It doesn't matter where you get them, its solving the problem of how to get rid of them Your child must be scratching his backside and then touching toys and that's how things get to spread around. Don't you care that your son is suffering right now over the xmas holidays. If you really care about your son you will go out tomorrow and spend whatever it costs to get something to clear his system out.
Omg, unbelievable poor child. Please get your priorities right, I'd sell the skin off my own back and put my kids first.
Wongy1102 h, 10 m ago

He has worked hard by most accounts and seems like a very nice chapbut as …He has worked hard by most accounts and seems like a very nice chapbut as it turns out is an utter utter ahole seems to be a trend with people in 'motosport' ?

Its good to stick to your own opinions
Segata-Sanshiro24 m ago

What itching he feels fine, he might have had em months, I'm afraid i …What itching he feels fine, he might have had em months, I'm afraid i noticed them because he had a small brown accident, and that accident had things in it.He's not complained about any itching or anything.

32907949-l8wX3.jpg
Half of children in the UK get it so i don't know why people are having a go i guess they got nothing better to do and if I'm entitled to free stuff why shouldn't i get it for free if i can.

This site is full of hypocrisy, all you people falling over yourselves to exploit glitches for personal gain and jumping on anything that offers free samples.

Also no one who voted tory has any right complaining about others using NHS resources, you voted to sell us out
.MUFC.4 m ago

Omg, unbelievable poor child. Please get your priorities right, I'd sell …Omg, unbelievable poor child. Please get your priorities right, I'd sell the skin off my own back and put my kids first.

Aren't you the one who doesn't live with any of them and has children with several women?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions