Yeelight strip and other LED strips

Found 3rd Jan
Hello,
I have purchased and installed the Xiaomi Yeelight LED strip in our kitchen, but my wife is complaining that the white isn't white and that its messing with her eyes. I think she has a point.

I think it is the reflection off of different surfaces (ie white metro tiles) that make the individual RGB LEDs, which all together create "white" colored light, separately visible which can create an unpleasant effect for the eyes.

Is there any other white LED strip out there that is at least IFTTT or Alexa/Google compatible? Or a RGB light strip that also has white LEDs?

Thank you very much for any information
Happy New year and lots of good deals in 2018 to everyone
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I think what you are having is, white is very white does it look blue? I think you need warm white have a look at this photo and see if it is what I mean? i could be totally wrong but you really don’t need RGB colour you just need white, maybe in the app you can offset some colours to create a more natural incandescent light?

32979459-uXKRQ.jpg
Original Poster
Dannyrobbo1 h, 29 m ago

I think what you are having is, white is very white does it look blue? I …I think what you are having is, white is very white does it look blue? I think you need warm white have a look at this photo and see if it is what I mean? i could be totally wrong but you really don’t need RGB colour you just need white, maybe in the app you can offset some colours to create a more natural incandescent light?[Image]

I havent found a way of setting exact white temperature in the app yet, and yes it is the blue portion of the light that is annoying. I believe what the picture shows are three different strips with each having single (set color) diodes? Anyone know how to set exact temperature on the yeelights? or whether it is possible at all?
Thank you
Alllfff3 h, 29 m ago

I havent found a way of setting exact white temperature in the app yet, …I havent found a way of setting exact white temperature in the app yet, and yes it is the blue portion of the light that is annoying. I believe what the picture shows are three different strips with each having single (set color) diodes? Anyone know how to set exact temperature on the yeelights? or whether it is possible at all? Thank you

I got a bulb which I can get Bright white from using the Mi Home app if you haven’t tried that yet mate?

Haven’t got a strip so can’t comment on that, just a thought.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants