Yes i finally got a ps2

I just bagged me a ps2 slimline (silver) on ebay with fifa 07 and mem card all brand new -------£50 incl postage lol

Hes a wholeseller and was clearing stock for his ps3 shipment

So thanks everyone for offering bundles etc

Ebay id stylez_paniro (this isnt my account and im not advertising the deal )

Bargain woot woot

47 Comments

I'd be very careful if I was you, looks a bit too good to be true. That seller is selling a lot of high value stuff cheaply - and will not accept paypal - only postal orders!
You'll have no protection, he can just take the money and run.

The only way I'd buy from this seller is if I could collect and pay cash on delivery.

Caveat emptor

Having said that, if it does turn up, let everyone know, as I'd like to bag one at that price

bod emrys

I'd be very careful if I was you, looks a bit too good to be true. That … I'd be very careful if I was you, looks a bit too good to be true. That seller is selling a lot of high value stuff cheaply - and will not accept paypal - only postal orders! You'll have no protection, he can just take the money and run.The only way I'd buy from this seller is if I could collect and pay cash on delivery. Caveat emptor

I agree. :thumbsup:
I would not touch this seller without Paypals protection. I smell a scam. Listing upgrades on all of his items, very expensive. Also BIN's at those prices is also very costly.
The P&P costs are crap, too low for the service he offers in the listing.

does look slightly dodgy, actually alot dodgy lol.

WOW, OP, best you look into your sellers trading a bit more. Look at each item he has sold and listed and then look at the offers he has accepted.
In my opinion, you ARE going to get scammed, I'm 95% sure that something is not right.

Original Poster

No joke his names mohammed ali

I dont wanna get a neg --what should i do

Well i made a best offer of £42 and won it so came to total of £50 --savin £11 off what i would have paid

Personally I'd risk a neg rather than lose 50 quid.
Try asking at the ebay community help boards, I've always found them v helpful.

What stands out for me is item 330113623593 - I don't think that ANYONE would sell a w880i for £155 or BO surely?

Hope you get your stuff though dandoc :thumbsup:

Have you sent payment yet? How are you going to pay?

bod emrys

here's the url:]http://forums.ebay.co.uk/forum.jspa?forumID=7

Not the Q&A board, they can be very nasty :-(

And notice every high priced item is a stock picture? The other, low price items have his name on - yet not stuff above £100 apart from the wii?

Original Poster

I havent sent payment as only won today --- umm postal order as thats all he accepts i tried to say that im trusted on ebay etc so why couldnt i use paypal

Im really not sure now as £50 is a lot of money for me atm

I bought a ps2 slimline about 6months ago on ebay through paypal -- i never got it and no contact i paid like £80 and only go about £60 back from paypal

Banned

bod emrys

That seller is selling a lot of high value stuff cheaply - and will not … That seller is selling a lot of high value stuff cheaply - and will not accept paypal - only postal orders!

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I used to use my parents ebay but set up my own to buy games and things ---ebay i.d :dandoc2006

If you feel dodgy about it dandoc - don't do it. I'm sure there will be another £50 or so ps2 deal around, even though the ps3 is selling slowly, there'll always be a store shifting out old stock.

you should report him to ebay just say it doesnt look legit or something...if he gets removed then if you recieve neg rep it will go along with him

Original Poster

Im gunna risk it -- my dads a cop and my sis is too --so maybe i could bust him up if he cons me

dandoc2

I havent sent payment as only won today --- umm postal order as thats all … I havent sent payment as only won today --- umm postal order as thats all he accepts i tried to say that im trusted on ebay etc so why couldnt i use paypal Im really not sure now as £50 is a lot of money for me atm I bought a ps2 slimline about 6months ago on ebay through paypal -- i never got it and no contact i paid like £80 and only go about £60 back from paypal

Don't send any money yet, give it a few days. I have reported him to ebay through PS Support, we'll see if they do anything. Also, it will give the other buyers time to leave feedback for him.

dandoc2

Im gunna risk it -- my dads a cop and my sis is too --so maybe i could … Im gunna risk it -- my dads a cop and my sis is too --so maybe i could bust him up if he cons me

Oh well, the choice is yours.
I'll leave you to it.:roll:

Original Poster

Ok but the only thing is -- ill have to pretend to him ive sent it off as he states if i dont pay he leaves neg and relists ----------Ok dinostevus i wont for now

Thanks for the help -- yeh i mean some ppl only bought yday so

dandoc2

Ok but the only thing is -- ill have to pretend to him ive sent it off as … Ok but the only thing is -- ill have to pretend to him ive sent it off as he states if i dont pay he leaves neg and relists ----------Ok dinostevus i wont for now Thanks for the help -- yeh i mean some ppl only bought yday so

Just tell him you have sent payment. He won't know any difference, will he?
If he complains in a few days tell him you will send 'another' Postal Order.

Original Poster

Pretend it got lost etc

dandoc2

Pretend it got lost etc

Look, if your Dad is a Copper, ask him to look at your sellers selling history. Show him this thread and see what he says.

Original Poster

Lol he is but he doesnt know the difference a modem and a mouse

dandoc2

Lol he is but he doesnt know the difference a modem and a mouse

I used to post on ebays P&P board all of the time and I've seen this kind of thing many times before. Just wait at least a week and see what happens.

Original Poster

ty for the help guys

Much appreciated

:thinking: Seems strange that he has had this account for over 18 months and only has 30 feedbacks during that time, but suddenly is able to sell loads of high value goods

Original Poster

Thats true

Original Poster

I contacted a person who had bought a phone off him and he replied "Im not sure somebody hacked into my account and used it to try and buy a phone i left positive feedback just to sort things out. I think postal orders are a bit dodgy try and suggest paypal. Kind regards James"

Daniel

Here's what I think in the medium of adobe photoshop:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4502/bargerq9.jpg

dandoc2

I contacted a person who had bought a phone off him and he replied "Im … I contacted a person who had bought a phone off him and he replied "Im not sure somebody hacked into my account and used it to try and buy a phone i left positive feedback just to sort things out. I think postal orders are a bit dodgy try and suggest paypal. Kind regards James"Daniel

I have been looking into this, I'm sure it's a hi-jacked account.
Do not pay, if you get a neg, then when ebay 'sort it', the neg will be removed.

We keep telling you this is not right, the prices are too low, the P&P is too low for the service he is using, the extra 'attention grabbing' listing upgrades he has, will cost a lot, Listen, this does not add up.
You will lose your money if you send a Postal Order, either listen to the sound advise that has been posted or not. If you are old enough to have a Paypal and ebay account you are old enough to make your own mind up, based on the evidence provided.

I have just reported all of his listings again with my main selling ID. Let's see what ebay think.

Now as much as it doesn't add up, Neither do the fact he has got feedback for 2 high value items ( phone £100 and wii at £170)

As for postage, Its quite reasonable! (other sellers are charging between £8 and £10.

Here, report him yourself:-
]http//cg…dll
Ebay WILL check this out properly and if it's dodgy then all of the listings and the record of your purchase will be removed.

Iom-RF

Now as much as it doesn't add up, Neither do the fact he has got feedback … Now as much as it doesn't add up, Neither do the fact he has got feedback for 2 high value items ( phone £100 and wii at £170)As for postage, Its quite reasonable! (other sellers are charging between £8 and £10.

Read post 31.

Original Poster

Ok ill just get a neg --- ah ive just ordered bully and gtalcs off the net

Thanks guys you just saved me £50

I get input error for that link Dino

Also if you look at all the ppl who have bought things they have weird numbers as usernames as if they have been randomly picked

dinosteveus

Read post 31.

I did indeed miss that, In that case Ebay need contacting ASAP and pointing to the idiotic person of the hijacked account that decided to leave positive feedback anyway.

Doesn't explain the Wii but that could be another Hi-jacked account.

dandoc2

Ok ill just get a neg --- ah ive just ordered bully and gtalcs off the … Ok ill just get a neg --- ah ive just ordered bully and gtalcs off the net Thanks guys you just saved me £50I get input error for that link DinoAlso if you look at all the ppl who have bought things they have weird numbers as usernames as if they have been randomly picked

Soz, it was a direct link from my account for reporting problems with other sellers. I'll try and find a way around it.

Stop going on about a neg, it will be removed as I explained earlier. Between my ID's I have over 30 negs and they have not affected my selling or buying ability. Nobody reads the feedback anymore, imo.

Try this:-
]http//pa…%3E

edit,
Good it seems to work.
Now click on the email link, put in the sellers name and something like this:-

I am 100% sure this account has been hijacked.

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconMailBlue_16x16.gif][COLOR=#0000ff]Email us[/COLOR] with your question or concern.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710

See more discussions