Yes, it's true, Christmas is coming.....

Banned
According to Lovefilm anyway!!!!

Anyone else as a lapsed customer receive the email?

Wonder what that's about? Probably a half price offer or similar I guess.... Be nice it was a years free subscription though! ;-)

Yes, it's true,
Christmas is coming.

But so is something even more exciting - and it's got your name all over it. Now there's even more reason to keep an eye on your letterbox as well as your chimney.

That's all for now.

Happy viewing,
From the LOVEFiLM team

27 Comments

Oh how I wish now that I was a lapsed Love-filmer. You must be so happy. What time is your post delivered? Will you be able to be there when the exciting item arrives?

Original Poster Banned

chesso;3626041

Oh how I wish now that I was a lapsed Love-filmer. You must be so happy. … Oh how I wish now that I was a lapsed Love-filmer. You must be so happy. What time is your post delivered? Will you be able to be there when the exciting item arrives?

I'll not be going out until it arrives! :w00t:

guv;3626056

I'll not be going out until it arrives! :w00t:

Yes, take time off work and don't even think about taking the kids to school.
It might be something really really special which you can share with your very good friends.

I dont think I would be able to sleep with anticpation, maybe you could invite some friends round to enjoy this auspicious occassion:whistling:

Yes, it is probably something pretty much like a lottery win, so friends and lots of champagne.

starsparkle2311;3626156

I'm sure my postie waits round the corner until I'm out the house, before … I'm sure my postie waits round the corner until I'm out the house, before he/she posts, 2 flippin' cards I have now, the sorting office isn't far, but I just haven't the time:w00t:

Well, I hope that they're worth the outing when you find the time!! Have you thought about wearing a very big smile next time you answer the door to the postie, as an inducement to him/her delivering when you're in?

Original Poster Banned

chesso;3626139

Yes, it is probably something pretty much like a lottery win, so friends … Yes, it is probably something pretty much like a lottery win, so friends and lots of champagne.

I reckon you could be right! :w00t:

guv;3626683

I reckon you could be right! :w00t:

*sniff*
I see the windfall is already paying dividends.:o

hotukdeals.com/ite…=28

Original Poster Banned

chesso;3627030

*sniff* I see the windfall is already paying … *sniff* I see the windfall is already paying dividends.:ohttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/287138/older-celebrities-and-a-bird-for-gu/showpost.php?p=3626668&postcount=28

Just one of the perks! :thumbsup::p

just recieved a letter from them. inside was credit card sized card with 3 months free of upto 50£ worth of rentals. Not bad i guess expires 31/05/09,

Banned

i just got the same, can they be used on m,y own account? or new customers only

I got a 2 month one :\

Got one too...

I got one too 3mth/£50.

I got one too £50/3 months

Banned

oooo now i want one

I reactivated my account and put the code in and worked fine!

Got 2 myself

I got one but it was only a single month/£18

i got one for this morning i tried using it but it wont let me so i have emailed them complaining

Original Poster Banned

cammeyz;3668473

just recieved a letter from them. inside was credit card sized card with … just recieved a letter from them. inside was credit card sized card with 3 months free of upto 50£ worth of rentals. Not bad i guess expires 31/05/09,

I got this today also.

Happy with that (providing it works!) Would be a bit silly sending a lapsed member this offer if you couldnt use it 'cos you've been a member before!

Do we know if these work on lapsed members? I certainly hope so!

TimRogers;3671929

Do we know if these work on lapsed members? I certainly hope so!

Yes, several people have already applied it successfully, one reported on this thread, a few others on another. Ironically, I got my cards today while on an active account. It prompted me to check end of free trial date and it was day after tomorrow. Have just posted the outstanding DVDs back this afternoon and cancelled the account! If I hadn't received the card I would have paid £17.99... Will reactivate in a few days, once complete cancellation is confirmed

didnt work for me, says I have already had a free trial. What's the point in wasting money on a credit card and literature to just say no when you try to come back.

Can anyone please explain why I received an email with regard to an exciting Christmas present to recieve a nice envelope through the post with some nicely produced paperwork and a credit card with credit to return to lovefilm and yet when I try to come back I cant because I have had a free trial before.

Kind of defeats the object and a waste of money on your part to make and send me this to then decline my return.

I look forward to some feedback with regard to this matter.

Thanks,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your email. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We can confirm to you that the '90 days free trial has already been used on your account. I am afraid, you will not be able to redeem this new voucher code on your account.

A free trial is available to new DVD rental subscribers only. According to our terms and conditions only one free trial is allowed per household so we cannot authorise a second free trial at this time.

You can gift this voucher to any of your friends or a relatives. Meanwhile, I am afraid I must advise you that, the promotion code that you have received is an invalid promotion code. This is due to a technical glitch that occurred to our promotional system.

Therefore, to remedy this situation we have now amended our records and have created a unique promotional code to gift to your friends. Please gift this promotion code and and advise your friends to register using the following link to redeem this promotional offer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will instead be throwing it away and advising everyone I know to steer clear of anything Lovefilm related. Please do not ever send me anything through the postal system ever again.

I am very disappointed that Lovefilm sent me something addressed to me urging me to use something for Christmas that I couldn't use. I have no intention of passing anything onto friends or family.

Thanks for your prompt response,

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your recent email.

We would like to inform you that due to a error the promotion code was sent to you. Therefore, we request you to pass this promotion code to any of your friends who does not have an active account with LOVEFiLM.

Should you have any queries, please do let us know and we will be able to assist you further.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's fine, it was an error on your part. Can you please confirm however, that you will never, ever send anything else to me through the postal system again. Again as stated before, due to this shocking mistake on your part I will never recommend anyone use your service and will not be passing the promotion code onto anyone, friend or foe.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your recent email.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform to you that we have updated your account accordingly, and we request you to reactivate your account with 90 days free trial with that promotion code.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Should you have any more questions, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist you further.

i emailed and complained they did it for me manualy 3 month free including games GET IN
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763974
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087
    3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941301
    4. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders67

See more discussions