Groups

yet another ebay / warranty question.

Bought a major appliance off ebay this week (B&Q damaged items / returns), installed it and it comes with the warranty card that you have to send off. It states on the card to keep the sales reciept safe.
    If I send it off for the 12 months free warranty would I be covered by my ebay invoice?

9 Comments

Thats doubtful. They'll want details from the reciept if you try and make a claim

Original Poster

I would have thought the same but quite a few similar (brand new but damaged from various sellers) items say they come with 12 month manufacturer warranty and when I picked it she said don't forget tot send your warranty card off.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 11th Sep 2010

check your ebay bought emails to see if there is a link to a receipt and if so print it off

B&Q themselves will have to honour the warranty anyway. right?

Original Poster

shanecr

B&Q themselves will have to honour the warranty anyway. right?

without a receipt, surely not?

maybe i misunderstood. was it b&q's own ebay account?

Original Poster

shanecr

maybe i misunderstood. was it b&q's own ebay account?

I thought thats what you may think, no it's someone selling B&Q returns, sorry for the confusion.

Ah, then really you have no warranty then. unless they can provide a b&q receipt. I would go along with you have no warranty, and just hope if a problem arrises they never ask for it.

You need the B+Q receipt, the warranty is useless without this.

Saying that just send off the card anyway and pretend you lost the receipt you never know you may get a repair for free or at a discount
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Currys Return44
      2. wANT TO BUY A CHEAP SSD11
      3. Swtiching to Galaxy from Iphone-Advice?22
      4. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9511

See more discussions