Expired

Yet another Posting Deleted

Found 19th Feb 2011
Once again another posting of mine was delete

I will be interested to know what the reason is this time .

I guess they have forgotten their mission statement . . ."Registration is free and open to everyone. The more members we have sharing and contributing their tips, the more everyone gains! You can help build this community by sharing deals you've found, voucher codes you know of, giving advice and insight on deals listed, or just being a friendly member! "

mmmm.. I am still wondering why it was deleted

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Admin

The moderator who dealt with your last thread is playing catch up atm as it's pretty busy so may not have had chance to PM you, however please see the following link for information on why your thread was removed.

scamchecker.com/rep…sia

Where can you buy this? Looks interesting. X)

So you post a deal for a scam website, wonder why it gets removed and moan about it? Do you honestly think the mods just pick random deals to remove for kicks and giggles? Or do you think that they share information gained over the years, know a damn site lot more about potential scam sites than you and remove deals for good reason (i.e. to stop people from lining the scammers pockets).
Grow up, your deal was removed for good reason, try doing a little research in future.
Edited by: "dh058977" 19th Feb 2011

mod

Hi iscom,

As you now know (via PM) it was I that removed the thread. If a new merchant is posted on HUKD it's common practice that it is (at least) temporarily spammed whilst merchant details are verified. This can take some time. If the deal / merchant falls within HUKD guidelines then the deal is 'unspammed'; however if it doesn't meet these guidelines (as in the case of your recent post) it stays spammed and then the moderator checking the thread will PM the deal poster.

It is better to remove the deal whilst it is looked at than to not, just in case there is a problem with the 'merchant'

Banned

you post a scam website that would rip members off then complain it was removed? Seriously?

mod

To be fair colinsunderland - the website 'looks' legit and even has 'registration numbers'. And iscom didn't know it was potentially dangerous until I PMd the info over (ie I PMd after this thread was created).

andywedge

Hi iscom, As you now know (via PM) it was I that removed the thread. If a … Hi iscom, As you now know (via PM) it was I that removed the thread. If a new merchant is posted on HUKD it's common practice that it is (at least) temporarily spammed whilst merchant details are verified. This can take some time. If the deal / merchant falls within HUKD guidelines then the deal is 'unspammed'; however if it doesn't meet these guidelines (as in the case of your recent post) it stays spammed and then the moderator checking the thread will PM the deal poster. It is better to remove the deal whilst it is looked at than to not, just in case there is a problem with the 'merchant'

Quite right too. No one wants to get ripped off using sites that have'nt been checked out do they???

Banned

andywedge

To be fair colinsunderland - the website 'looks' legit and even has … To be fair colinsunderland - the website 'looks' legit and even has 'registration numbers'. And iscom didn't know it was potentially dangerous until I PMd the info over (ie I PMd after this thread was created).

thanks for picking on me
to be fair though - surely if you stumble across a new site selling stuff at 'too good to be true' prices the first thing you do before even thinking about ordering is go to google and type in 'site name review' at the very least? Doing that would show this was a scam site.

mod

Not picking on you colinsunderland; it's an eay thing to do i.e. spot a bargain and post it up. I've (in my milk teething days as a member) posted a bad merchant; it is easily done and only once you learn how to verify / check merchants do you, well, learn.

andywedge

Not picking on you colinsunderland; it's an eay thing to do i.e. spot a … Not picking on you colinsunderland; it's an eay thing to do i.e. spot a bargain and post it up. I've (in my milk teething days as a member) posted a bad merchant; it is easily done and only once you learn how to verify / check merchants do you, well, learn.

But then im sure you took it on the chin and accepted your own mistake. The OP here left themselves open to comment with statements like

Once again another posting of mine was deleted

as if they were being singled out by the mods or something which is obviously not true, they are just unlucky to have posted deals that have been spammed for one reason or another.

Original Poster

dh058977

So you post a deal for a scam website, wonder why it gets removed and … So you post a deal for a scam website, wonder why it gets removed and moan about it? Do you honestly think the mods just pick random deals to remove for kicks and giggles? Or do you think that they share information gained over the years, know a damn site lot more about potential scam sites than you and remove deals for good reason (i.e. to stop people from lining the scammers pockets).Grow up, your deal was removed for good reason, try doing a little research in future.

Its a shame the admin did not show you my reply to he's IM when he told me it was a scam site so here it is . . .

. . "So why don't you warn your members ?? just like me maybe they will happen to come across this or other sites even outside of this forum. maybe have some form of warning sign to highlight a doggy site. we are not all experts and start researching every website i visit, I think I spotted this in Google
Anyway I accept your reason for deletion". . .

And he's follow up IM was as follows . .

. .. ."There are hundreds of fake websites being created every day. Some are obvious/some are not. Yours wasn't to be fair. Anyway, I see you've created a thread about it so I'll post in there. But in a nutshell - we remove whilst checking then PM once checked if it isn't suitable."

Its not for me to do detective work researching sites . I saw an add on Google ,clicked on it and saw they where offering some good deals and the site looked ok to me, and if you had looked at the site you would have thought the same as me. but I was not buying and anyway I very rarely use sites that don't take paypal or nocheque

iscom

Its a shame the admin did not show you my reply to he's IM when he told … Its a shame the admin did not show you my reply to he's IM when he told me it was a scam site so here it is . . . . . "So why don't you warn your members ?? just like me maybe they will happen to come across this or other sites even outside of this forum. maybe have some form of warning sign to highlight a doggy site. we are not all experts and start researching every website i visit, I think I spotted this in Google Anyway I accept your reason for deletion". . . And he's follow up IM was as follows . .. .. ."There are hundreds of fake websites being created every day. Some are obvious/some are not. Yours wasn't to be fair. Anyway, I see you've created a thread about it so I'll post in there. But in a nutshell - we remove whilst checking then PM once checked if it isn't suitable."Its not for me to do detective work researching sites . I saw an add on Google ,clicked on it and saw they where offering some good deals and the site looked ok to me, and if you had looked at the site you would have thought the same as me. but I was not buying and anyway I very rarely use sites that don't take paypal or nocheque

Ok ok, so in your mind the HUKD mods should be the internet police now?

Some people need to take a little personal responsibility.....

Banned

DOH! - Thread backfire

ban the op as well if you ask me if they cant spot a scam that obvious.

Original Poster

civms47
Ok ok, so in your mind the HUKD mods should be the internet police now?

Some people need to take a little personal responsibility....."

I agree with you 100% Everyone who visits a website with the view to buying should take responsibly, not the person who has posted and I think it should be as a Courtesy that HUKD should try and point out such sites when they come to light. .even create a Beware section .
some will still find a reason to be cynical.

Banned

iscom

Its not for me to do detective work researching sites . I saw an add on … Its not for me to do detective work researching sites . I saw an add on Google ,clicked on it and saw they where offering some good deals and the site looked ok to me, and if you had looked at the site you would have thought the same as me. but I was not buying and anyway I very rarely use sites that don't take paypal or nocheque

well don't start crying when others do, then remove your deal when they find it to be fake then.

iscom

Its a shame the admin did not show you my reply to he's IM when he told … Its a shame the admin did not show you my reply to he's IM when he told me it was a scam site so here it is . . .. . "So why don't you warn your members ?? just like me maybe they will happen to come across this or other sites even outside of this forum. maybe have some form of warning sign to highlight a doggy site. we are not all experts and start researching every website i visit, I think I spotted this in GoogleAnyway I accept your reason for deletion". . .And he's follow up IM was as follows . .. .. ."There are hundreds of fake websites being created every day. Some are obvious/some are not. Yours wasn't to be fair. Anyway, I see you've created a thread about it so I'll post in there. But in a nutshell - we remove whilst checking then PM once checked if it isn't suitable."Its not for me to do detective work researching sites . I saw an add on Google ,clicked on it and saw they where offering some good deals and the site looked ok to me, and if you had looked at the site you would have thought the same as me. but I was not buying and anyway I very rarely use sites that don't take paypal or nocheque

Firstly lets clear up the bit ive highlighted in bold. I can asure you that I would not have thought the same as you. Ever heard of the saying "if it seems too good to be true then it probably is" ? Ive only looked at that site very quickly and it screams scam to me and looks far from 'ok' as you have said.
There are enough tools on hand that can help you detect a scam site in seconds (most notably a simple whois check and the misc section of this site) that i think it would be in your best interests to do the detective work that you say is not your responsibility as im suprised you havent been scammed yet.

Edited by: "dh058977" 20th Feb 2011

mod

iscom
I can only echo what I have already said.
If a deal is posted for a new merchant it is removed whilst it is checked. Surely you would rather we do this than keep it on the site whilst checked? If it proves to be a potentially dangerous site (as was the case in your thread) then the sooner it is removed the better.
I appreciate though, that in the excitement of finding a bargain that members can be eager to post the deal.

Edited by: "andywedge" 20th Feb 2011

Original Poster

My final word on this is . . . If its so easy for me or anyone to see whether a site is a fake & scam then I see no problem its just a case of l let the browser beware .
I honestly believe that anyone who visits a website looks at what they are selling and prices, and never I does a search as the who owns each site.
I accepted what Andywage regarding the deletion and he's explanation, other than not informing other members especially new members of such sites, but maybe in time ,someone will devise a Method of doing this.

Edited by: "iscom" 20th Feb 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548033
    2. All stretch jeans should be burnt with fire, discuss.1968
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771786
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?1013344

See more discussions