Yi Camera installation - USB lead

Posted 6th Nov
hi

anyone help with ideas of how I can get the USB power cable in my house to link to the power socket.

I want to avoid drilling like a 18mm hole, a smaller whole is preferred or another ideas please.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
It’s such an awful thoughtless design. I’d cut it and mount a small box internally joining the cable in there.
I didn't fancy drilling an 18mm hole either. The USB cable is actually flat so I fed it through my bedroom window. Not the tidiest result but I can close the window fully so all good.
Is it an internal or external camera. The internal ones should have a detachable end from the camera, that will be a lot smaller than 18mm.

For an external, assuming it’s sealed to the camera unless you have a vent, window or fascia to run it in, you’ll need to start drilling. It could of course be only sealed with a standard micro usb end inside, if you fancy some exploratory surgery on it, risking weather protection seals of course.
Only two wires in the plastic (one red, one black) Just cut the wire
What model exactly?
Can you be more clear please?
It sounds like you are trying to connect the camera up outside with a fixed connection rather than a plug in one but you don't tell us that - we are not psychics.
esar06/11/2019 23:08

What model exactly?

YI Outdoor IP Camera Wireless 1080P HD Home Security Camera Weatherproof Bullet Surveillance Camera with Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, Motion Detection and Cloud Service - White amazon.co.uk/dp/…2MS
Bigfootpete07/11/2019 12:31

Can you be more clear please? It sounds like you are trying to connect the …Can you be more clear please? It sounds like you are trying to connect the camera up outside with a fixed connection rather than a plug in one but you don't tell us that - we are not psychics.

YI Outdoor IP Camera Wireless 1080P HD Home Security Camera Weatherproof Bullet Surveillance Camera with Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, Motion Detection and Cloud Service - White amazon.co.uk/dp/…2MS
It's the outdoor plug in one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants