Yi camera quality

Found 2nd Jul
Just bought one of these yi cameras, after the many positive comments I’ve read on here. It’s only the 720 version. It seems ok when pointing inside but if I have it inside pointing out, the image goes a red tint colour. This is through open doors in the daytime. Is this normal or is there some settings somewhere? I can’t seem to find any colour/contrast settings etc.
2974091-Fys4j.jpg

Community Updates
11 Comments
Does the recording come out that way or is that just a live monitor image?
Yeah, shouldn't be like that.
Both the recordings and the live image. It gets a bit better when pointed inside the room
34215337-Z3L2O.jpg
Tried seeing if there’s a protection film on the lense but can’t see or feel anything
Looks a bit like the IR Cut filter is stuck open, but I'm not sure that the Y1 even has one.

Try covering the light sensor so it switches to black and white mode and listen for a click. Also check for ir cut settings.
Edited by: "melted" 2nd Jul
Got the same camera...doesn’t look right, long shot go into settings toggle infra red on and off and update firmware
I just bought my second one and the picture was all green and purple, first one I got was perfect, sent it back and got refunded within a day, very good service, couldn't reorder with the same voucher code though so had to order one of their other ones which was perfect again
Ok have tried turning ir on and off, it’s on the latest firmware. Not sure where the light sensor is. Will probably just return it, sounds like something isn’t right
Yes it’s normal. What you don’t like the effect?
Just contact yi through amazon and they will give you a full refund/ replacement
masterhussain1 h, 3 m ago

Just contact yi through amazon and they will give you a full refund/ …Just contact yi through amazon and they will give you a full refund/ replacement

They are very good with service in my experience. I’m sure they will sort things out for you little_lady
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants