Yi smart dash cam

Found 22nd Jun
Just bought one of these but going crazy as when I put my UHS 64gb SD card in all I get is 'please use UHS SD card' ... Well I bloody am but constant just getting this message. Tried everything but nothing working. Anyone else had this bother or know what to do to fix ?
Community Updates
AskCameraPhoto & Video
14 Comments
Format it fat32 on your PC and try again
Tried that
What brand is your card and is it a class 10? My one wouldn’t accept a lower class card bought a Samsung 64gb for about £15 on amazon and is fine.
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 22nd Jun
Yeah same as me. Samsung 64gb class 10 UHS. Like I said, dash cam can switch on but when I insert SD Card and switch on it just comes up with saying 'please insert UHS SD card'
grant2041 m ago

Yeah same as me. Samsung 64gb class 10 UHS. Like I said, dash cam can …Yeah same as me. Samsung 64gb class 10 UHS. Like I said, dash cam can switch on but when I insert SD Card and switch on it just comes up with saying 'please insert UHS SD card'

Where was the card from though, fake micro sd cards are pretty much more common than real ones in some online marketplaces (also if amazon was it dispatched and sold by amazon?).
Probably card incompatible with cam. Try another card.
Is it definitely formatted in fat32 and not exfat?

I don't have any 64gb cards to check, but doesn't the built in format tool in windows 10 limit the fat32 filesystem to 32GB partitions and smaller, in which case it would require a third party tool.

Other than that, some devices that use memory cards can be very fussy about hidden partitions and cluster size.
Edited by: "melted" 22nd Jun
Don't think they take 64gb I've got 32 in both of mine
No they do take 64gb I have a Samsung one in mine, but when I inserted it the Yi dash cam did come up with a message and formats the card first. I did buy my SD card direct from amazon, not a third party, so I guess the card could be a fake? Are you sure the card is in seated correctly? Also might be worth running a firmware update on the dashcam which you can do via the onscreen menu or easier to do from the app.

34110563.jpg
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 23rd Jun
Go into the menu and format the card from there. Also, make sure the card is pushed right in correctly.
Another thing to try is deleting the partition(s) on the card using the free tool minitool partition wizard, then inserting the card in the camera and seeing if it will format it.
Dannyrobbo16 h, 58 m ago

Where was the card from though, fake micro sd cards are pretty much more …Where was the card from though, fake micro sd cards are pretty much more common than real ones in some online marketplaces (also if amazon was it dispatched and sold by amazon?).

Got from Ebay but had exact one in the past from same person and was fine.
Cheers folks, will give all these tips a shot and let you know how I get on
grant2017 h, 9 m ago

Got from Ebay but had exact one in the past from same person and was fine.

The camera isn’t liking the read/write speed maybe? That would probably be faulty SD or a fake one. PC is probably best to check read write speed with h2testw or an android app.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants