Groups

ylod 40gb ps3. fix?

My stepsons 40gb ps3 has just died. ylod. Does anyone know of a reliable and not expensive repair service. I took it apart and there almost no dust in there so not too sure the actual problem, but i assume it still overheated. Dont fancy trying to repair myself as cant see how to get to the actual motherboard.

And no, i wont be buying him another 360, had 3, and all were sold on as were as much use as doorstops in this house.

6 Comments

funny you should say that the ps3 does the same job in my house... a door stop.

Google "Gilksy's YLoD Repair Guide". It's not really that hard to do. I have done several now.

Original Poster

mickey77

Google "Gilksy's YLoD Repair Guide". It's not really that hard to do. I … Google "Gilksy's YLoD Repair Guide". It's not really that hard to do. I have done several now.

just been checking that out. seems fairly straight forward. but either i pay out £30 for the equipment, or pay £50 or so to have it done properly?

£50 is a good price.

Original Poster

mickey77

£50 is a good price.

but is it heat gun or some proper oven. i dont know lol. i just see prices on ebay.

I bought a heat gun from Screwfix. Does the job just fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions