Groups
    EXPIRED

Yodel - Been waiting all day for collection of Parcel Back to very.co.uk. Its its 3:38pm and still not collected!

What kind of company is this? I phoned earlier and been told that the booking is there on record.... But could not tell me what time! How bad is this service! Cant even go to the loo without worrying that they may come!

34 Comments

It's yodel. What were you expecting

Yodel collect between 7am - 7pm usually but think they have extended their hours to cope with all the extra parcels that are being sent.

It's not bad service it's just a busy period

P.s I always take mine to the post office then I'm not waiting around all day.

I was waiting for them to collect a parcel for over a week 3 different collection days arrived and they never turned up had to end up paying for the return via colect plus

They are **** at the best of times, let alone the week before Christmas!

Phone back and check if it will still be today, in my experience with them they say up till 7pm but i have never had anything delivered after 5.

It's only bad service if they fail to pick it up today. It's not a timed collection so you have to wait, that's how it works. As it's Christmas, they're super-busy so they're probably working longer hours than normal. Post again tomorrow if they don't turn up today.

ceres

It's only bad service if they fail to pick it up today. It's not a timed … It's only bad service if they fail to pick it up today. It's not a timed collection so you have to wait, that's how it works. As it's Christmas, they're super-busy so they're probably working longer hours than normal. Post again tomorrow if they don't turn up today.

+1

They were mentioned on the radio yesterday saying they have huge backlogs as they do deliveries for alot of big companies.
    Also most couriers I book parcels never give exact times, usually anytime between 9-5 so would be same waiting scenario.

They are working crazy hours at the moment. We had a delivery at quarter to ten one night.

Whilst Yodel are not necessarily the best delivery company out there. What have they actually done wrong in this instance? They deliver / pickup between 7am - 7pm (as standard). Were you told of a time when they would arrive? It not you are being unreasonable.

"But could not tell me what time! "
    "Its its 3:38pm "
    Rest of the day to go yet......
    I could understand your little rant if it had been 3 days later than told.

I think because it's christmas they are taking a while to take the orders as they have a lot of orders to deliver

Banned

Yodel are bad

If the parcel is small/medium then its sometimes easier and faster to return via collect plus(at a nearby location, newsagents /Spar etc) or at your local post office..

On the news that Yodel are refusing to collect parcels from businesses in order to clear their backlog of 200,000 parcels they already have. Good luck with that one, I guess it'll be delayed!

I have always had problems with this company . many times i arranged for a parcel to be collected , waited in all day for nothing . terrible service !!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3wzh5ZjC3v0zXz8rrRZnq4x/yodel-new-name-but-delivering-the-same-old-problems

they've had severe issues in recent days. Even if they had missed their window, I wouldn't have been surprised.
    Did they make it by 7pm by the way?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30461853
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30438498
    bbc.co.uk/new…499

I'd like to know too (if the parcel was collected)

Original Poster

OK an update.

The Parcel was collected at around 4:45 pm yesterday. No paperwork was left, Just a Tracking Reference No. Its a valid Tracking number which last night showed that the Parcel was awaiting collection.

So, I checked again this morning and its now showing:

Description Location Date Time
    Collection attempted, parcel not ready Lichfield van 16th Dec 2014 09:00
    Request for collection received Lichfield service centre 16th Dec 2014 02:52
    Request for collection received Call centre 11th Dec 2014 00:00

So according to their tracking, the driver called at 9:00am yesterday and the parcel was not ready. Worryingly, the parcel is at a status of "Your Parcel is Awaiting Collection".

I have rang YODEL and they say check in an hour or two!!! WTH????

How bad is that? Whats the point of having tracking if its out of date by hours on end and is full of lies!!!!!

Edited by: "tmohammad" 17th Dec 2014

tmohammad

OK an update.The Parcel was collected at around 4:45 pm yesterday. No … OK an update.The Parcel was collected at around 4:45 pm yesterday. No paperwork was left, Just a Tracking Reference No. Its a valid Tracking number which last night showed that the Parcel was awaiting collection.So, I checked again this morning and its now showing:Description Location Date TimeCollection attempted, parcel not ready Lichfield van 16th Dec 2014 09:00Request for collection received Lichfield service centre 16th Dec 2014 02:52Request for collection received Call centre 11th Dec 2014 00:00So according to their tracking, the driver called at 9:00am yesterday and the parcel was not ready. Worryingly, the parcel is at a status of "Your Parcel is Awaiting Collection". I have rang YODEL and they say check in an hour or two!!! WTH????How bad is that? Whats the point of having tracking if its out of date by hours on end and is full of lies!!!!!

I think you need to get out more... Unfortunately not all delivery companies IT systems are as up to date as they should be.

You the customer want to be able to buy your products for the cheapest price AND get it delivered for free. You can't expect all of that and then get a platinum level of service. If you did want that use another company who use a better delivery company.

Original Poster

I'd rather they not update it then..... rather than telling lies which frighten people into thinking that the parcel has vanished into the ether!

I take what you say on board and probably wont use very.co.uk again... Too much grief!!!!

tmohammad

I'd rather they not update it then..... rather than telling lies which … I'd rather they not update it then..... rather than telling lies which frighten people into thinking that the parcel has vanished into the ether! I take what you say on board and probably wont use very.co.uk again... Too much grief!!!!

Thing is these systems are automated - I don't think it is necessarily telling lies it is jsut the terminology it uses. As long as you have a tracking reference number you will be completely fine.

I have used very in the past and haven't had a problem - but the two companies I always 'choose' to buy from is John Lewis and Amazon. Never had a problem with them and there customer service is excellent.

Original Poster

Thanks for easing my fear.

tmohammad

Thanks for easing my fear.

No problem.

Who has time to take off work to wait for 12 hours in the house?
    Take it to the post office or just leave in a safe place and specify that on your pick up note

They lie so that the numbers look good against the competition, when they collect statistics to show how many deliveries and collection were within a specified period.

So that when they show new potential customers the numbers look similar to the competition. yodel normally charge big companies £2.30 per delivery, they can only achieve this by paying minimum wage to their staff.

This is not to cheat you.

Yodel are only company that seems to have encountered these severe delays. other companies appear to have coped well.

Original Poster

AnnaMak

Who has time to take off work to wait for 12 hours in the house?Take it … Who has time to take off work to wait for 12 hours in the house?Take it to the post office or just leave in a safe place and specify that on your pick up note

They did not give me that option. I would have loved to have just posted it. I did not have to take time off work.. Unforrtunately that meant my wife was imprisoned!

Original Poster

allowed

They lie so that the numbers look good against the competition, when … They lie so that the numbers look good against the competition, when they collect statistics to show how many deliveries and collection were within a specified period.So that when they show new potential customers the numbers look similar to the competition. yodel normally charge big companies £2.30 per delivery, they can only achieve this by paying minimum wage to their staff.This is not to cheat you.

Makes a lot more sense now! But like I say it freaks people out when they realise that the £300+ item they returned has left your house and the company that took it says we tried but failed to collect!

I've had some bad experiences with Yodel in the past... Missing packages... turning up to their depot to pick up a parcel only to find it's gone back out for delivery...

However, the last 2 things they have delivered to me have actually changed my mind on them a bit

Both times I haven't been an home and they've left a card, but they've also done something I haven't seen any other company do - Leave a mobile number for the delivery driver on it so you can contact them directly to arrange a suitable time for redelivery.

That's a great service imo and I wish all companies did this. Past experiences still make me nervous when I see a parcel being delivered by them, but steps like this are certainly helping me regain some faith

Original Poster

Yodel again voted among the worst delivery firms.....

Does not surprise me one bit!

Link to Story

Edited by: "tmohammad" 18th Dec 2014

Useless- do not touch with a
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Turning off Best Offer on Ebay Buy It Now listings.11
      2. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?48
      3. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?45
      4. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?33

See more discussions