Posted 30th Dec 2021
got a fantastic deal on a qled q80a and q600a sound bar from very, worked out to £702 for both, recieved the tv delivered by arrow xl yesterday and today i received an email at 11am saying the soundbar had been loaded onto the van, the yodel driver was at delivery no.1 and i was delivery no.8 out of 11 and it would be delivered between 11.30-1.30.
waited in all day and tracking has continued to say hes at the first drop all day, i thought he went home and was going to start after tea because ive had yodel knock my door at 8.30 pm last year.
come 6.30pm there was still no change so i contacted yodels web chat and was told his device must be having issues and not updating his location but he is 100% delivering it today as its loaded on his van and he left the depot, and that he will be here before 9pm.
At 9pm i thought maybe hes coming tomorrow due to breaking down or something but at 9.15 i got an email saying item delivered.
clicked on it and it says it was delivered at 12.55 then it say htt error, anyone have any idea what this error is ?
i cant call yodel or very as its too late, im thinking hes saw the box as very dont cover them and realised he has a £449 sound bar and disconnected his data or gps maybe to pretend hes been somehow.
has this happened to anyone else with yodel ? im guessing i should just contact very ?
luckily i have cctv but now im probably not going to get a replacement for weeks or months, so annoying
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment
Top comments
Sounds like frustration stole customer's rational thought pattern, bar none.
Author
Haircut_10023/01/2022 22:26

OP, any updates on what has happened, did you get your soundbar in the end …OP, any updates on what has happened, did you get your soundbar in the end or even a refund instead?

Yes got a replacement the weekend after, thanks for asking.
Sounds great too but certainly wouldn't pay £450 for it though, glad i got it for cheap
Author
bozo00731/12/2021 10:19

By the way, why jump to the conclusion that the driver stole it? Why not …By the way, why jump to the conclusion that the driver stole it? Why not blame a neighbour or a porch thief?

Im pretty sure i stated i was in all day and i know 100% because i dont have a porch, i have cameras and the driver didn't even visit my street.
Why wouldn't i jump to conclusions if the driver has marked it off handed to resident with signature ?
Also his own depot have said they are speaking with him today as hes taken it and marked it delivered
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 31st Dec 2021
Maybe jumping to conclusions. Wait and contact Yodel. Not so easy to steal parcel and get away with it. I would expect a item of this value would need proof of delivery in term of a picture.
40 Comments
  1. Avatar
    I would wait till tomorrow and call Yodel, remember it was only the second day after Christmas and the driver could have had a lot of deliveries to make. I wouldn't take much notice of the tracker, only DPD has a very modern and up to date tracker system.
  2. Avatar
    Yodel tracking is awol. Mine showed as out for delivery for 3 days running.
    It eventually turned up on the one day it said at the depot.

Where did you get such a good deal from?
  3. Avatar
    Sounds like frustration stole customer's rational thought pattern, bar none.
  4. Avatar
    Maybe jumping to conclusions. Wait and contact Yodel. Not so easy to steal parcel and get away with it. I would expect a item of this value would need proof of delivery in term of a picture.
  5. Avatar
    A lot of big stores have started sending items without covering it. Everything is GPS tracked these days, I think you are making baseless accusations.

Wait a couple days and then contact retailer to investigate. They'll get a proper and faster response from the courier
    Edited by: "Myriad" 31st Dec 2021
  6. Avatar
    Just be patient - no point jumping to conclusions. I too was frustrated with 2 different orders I placed with Zavvi. Both where for the buy 1 get 1 free tee shirt deal posted on here. A week later and no sign. Sent an email and got an automated response from the post master telling me their mailbox is full! 1 package containing 1 tee shirt arrived. Only yesterday did the other 3 tee shirts arrive! No tracking info or email updates either!
  7. Avatar
    Bet that Yodel driver is loving his new soundbar, just in time for the NYE party they have organised no doubt
  8. Avatar
    It will arrive 1-2 days later I had same issue with yodel said item delivered but it wasn’t I think they have a target everyday.
    Edited by: "j752000" 31st Dec 2021
  9. Avatar
    Author
    mayzi30/12/2021 23:54

Yodel tracking is awol. Mine showed as out for delivery for 3 days …Yodel tracking is awol. Mine showed as out for delivery for 3 days running.It eventually turned up on the one day it said at the depot.Where did you get such a good deal from?

Hopefully you're right, im guessing yours didn't say it was delivered though ? Mine says ive signed for it although im pretty sure they're still not taking signatures.
    Also the deal was from very, Q80A for £879, £200 off the sound bar if bought with a tv over £800, 20% credit back to account with very and £250 cashback from the samsung promotion, 50 for the tv, 150 for the soundbar and 50 bonus for 2nd item
  10. Avatar
    Author
    jalaldevil30/12/2021 23:50

I would wait till tomorrow and call Yodel, remember it was only the second …I would wait till tomorrow and call Yodel, remember it was only the second day after Christmas and the driver could have had a lot of deliveries to make. I wouldn't take much notice of the tracker, only DPD has a very modern and up to date tracker system.

Its strange, it said the driver only had 11 drops and everything was so precise, it yold me when it arrived, loaded and when the driver collected the parcels at 11am
    Also ive only ever had 2 deliveries from yodel and both came unusually late on the night so i think its normal for my local driver to collect at dinner time which made me think tracking was spot on, also why would it say delivered with signature.
    Also checking my local depots reviews online fieled my suspicion as they've stole many items, they just take pictures of a random door and pretend it mist of went to the wrong address afterwards and driver cant remember where or other similar ways of taking them

AndyRoyd31/12/2021 00:10

Sounds like frustration stole customer's rational thought pattern, bar …Sounds like frustration stole customer's rational thought pattern, bar none.

Yeah definitely although their reviews say otherwise

ifixit31/12/2021 00:20

Maybe jumping to conclusions. Wait and contact Yodel. Not so easy to steal …Maybe jumping to conclusions. Wait and contact Yodel. Not so easy to steal parcel and get away with it. I would expect a item of this value would need proof of delivery in term of a picture.

Ive read many reviews saying they uploaded a picture of someone elses door and its no signatures

j75200031/12/2021 03:14

It will arrive 1-2 days later I had same issue with yodel said item …It will arrive 1-2 days later I had same issue with yodel said item delivered but it wasn’t I think they have a target everyday.

Thank you, hopefully you're correct, i will contact yodal after 8 and hope for the best as i dread the thought of dealing with very customer services
  11. Avatar
    I have had Yodel deliveries actually delivered a day later after the tracking said it was delivered. This happened when it was quite late in the day and it was obvious the driver was likely exhausted. They all showed up early the next morning.
  12. Avatar
    Author
    bozo00731/12/2021 07:47

I have had Yodel deliveries actually delivered a day later after the …I have had Yodel deliveries actually delivered a day later after the tracking said it was delivered. This happened when it was quite late in the day and it was obvious the driver was likely exhausted. They all showed up early the next morning.

Thank you, im beginning to have some faith in these replies, i just dont see why it would say delivered and signed for until the next morning if that was the case
  13. Avatar
    Mark_Hickman31/12/2021 07:55

Thank you, im beginning to have some faith in these replies, i just dont …Thank you, im beginning to have some faith in these replies, i just dont see why it would say delivered and signed for until the next morning if that was the case

It is because the driver is likely penalised if they don't hit the target.
  14. Avatar
    They do this and dpd also do this often. Its because the drivers shift is over so they head back. Then next day someone else takes it, if they finish their drops before their time, you get yours delivered as it's an extra delivery now, if not then it continues next day with the same possibility that you won't get it. Yeah it's rubbish service that's why I hate when companies use them. I had waited 5 days once because of this exact reason and each day getting promised it would be delivered.
    Edited by: "Modded" 31st Dec 2021
  15. Avatar
    Author
    Modded31/12/2021 09:12

They do this and dpd also do this often. Its because the drivers shift is …They do this and dpd also do this often. Its because the drivers shift is over so they head back. Then next day someone else takes it, if they finish their drops before their time, you get yours delivered as it's an extra delivery now, if not then it continues next day with the same possibility that you won't get it. Yeah it's rubbish service that's why I hate when companies use them. I had waited 5 days once because of this exact reason and each day getting promised it would be delivered.

But in this case surely it wouldn't have been marked at delivered at dinner time with a signature ?
    Also I've spoken to yodel an hour ago and they spoke to his depot who said, it has been delivered at the time stated 12.55 yesterday but his device wasn't working.
    They tried to claim it must be with my neighbour but i told them i have cctv and he never came, they are going to speak with the driver today

bozo00731/12/2021 08:20

It is because the driver is likely penalised if they don't hit the target.

I understand that but if a driver marks it delivered and adds a signature/photo whilst its still in his possession then its basically theft either way.
    Sounds like the company are pushing them into doing these practices if they do get penalised
  16. Avatar
    Mark_Hickman31/12/2021 09:24

But in this case surely it wouldn't have been marked at delivered at …But in this case surely it wouldn't have been marked at delivered at dinner time with a signature ?Also I've spoken to yodel an hour ago and they spoke to his depot who said, it has been delivered at the time stated 12.55 yesterday but his device wasn't working.They tried to claim it must be with my neighbour but i told them i have cctv and he never came, they are going to speak with the driver today

They have to mark it as delivered or rejected as all deliveries need to be marked at the end to upload the data. You cannot upload it with incomplete deliveries. They choose one or the other for their own reasons which I don't know why, but can only guess.
    Edited by: "Modded" 31st Dec 2021
  17. Avatar
    I had a similar issue with Yodel. They claimed the item was delivered, and when I phoned them they said that the SatNav had the driver outside my home, but suggested I check with neighbours to see if it had been delivered there. It had not of course. After a few days they contacted me to say that the actual delivery was inconclusive. Thankfully the retailer accepted that and refunded me.
  18. Avatar
    By the way, why jump to the conclusion that the driver stole it? Why not blame a neighbour or a porch thief?
  19. Avatar
    Author

By the way, why jump to the conclusion that the driver stole it? Why not …By the way, why jump to the conclusion that the driver stole it? Why not blame a neighbour or a porch thief?

Im pretty sure i stated i was in all day and i know 100% because i dont have a porch, i have cameras and the driver didn't even visit my street.
    Why wouldn't i jump to conclusions if the driver has marked it off handed to resident with signature ?
    Also his own depot have said they are speaking with him today as hes taken it and marked it delivered
  20. Avatar

OP said "They tried to claim it must be with my neighbour but i told them i have cctv and he never came, they are going to speak with the driver today"
  21. Avatar
    Mark_Hickman31/12/2021 07:25

Hopefully you're right, im guessing yours didn't say it was delivered …Hopefully you're right, im guessing yours didn't say it was delivered though ? Mine says ive signed for it although im pretty sure they're still not taking signatures.Also the deal was from very, Q80A for £879, £200 off the sound bar if bought with a tv over £800, 20% credit back to account with very and £250 cashback from the samsung promotion, 50 for the tv, 150 for the soundbar and 50 bonus for 2nd item

Mine said delivered on the tracking I was as worried as you they don’t take signatures.
  22. Avatar
    You're all missing the main issue... Who spends £449 on a soundbar anyway? £100 max! Get a proper home cinema
    I expect the driver will be back when he realises it's only a small upgrade over his tv speakers
    Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 31st Dec 2021
  23. Avatar
    Any update today? I need a conclusion, otherwise it's just like when my Tivo hard disk failed and I only had one series of Fringe left to watch !
  24. Avatar
    Author
    Bertz9931/12/2021 14:23

Comment deleted

Just heard back from them and im pretty sure my guess was pretty spot on, they are claiming the parcel is now presumably lost and wouldn't comment on the chat they've had with their driver.
    The parcel was clearly scanned at every stop and put on the drivers van and he or an automated system marked it delivered yesterday and now its magically disappeared, yeah right.
    Now i have to call and deal with very customer services who are dreadful and hope i can get a replacement soon

Jace_Phoenix31/12/2021 14:33

You're all missing the main issue... Who spends £449 on a soundbar anyway? …You're all missing the main issue... Who spends £449 on a soundbar anyway? £100 max! Get a proper home cinema I expect the driver will be back when he realises it's only a small upgrade over his tv speakers

I dont know who would spend £449 but i got it for -£1
  25. Avatar
    Mark_Hickman31/12/2021 15:12

Just heard back from them and im pretty sure my guess was pretty spot on, …Just heard back from them and im pretty sure my guess was pretty spot on, they are claiming the parcel is now presumably lost and wouldn't comment on the chat they've had with their driver.The parcel was clearly scanned at every stop and put on the drivers van and he or an automated system marked it delivered yesterday and now its magically disappeared, yeah right.Now i have to call and deal with very customer services who are dreadful and hope i can get a replacement soon I dont know who would spend £449 but i got it for -£1

Reading the thread it sounds like you didn't get anything for the £1

On a serious note I hope it makes its way to you. In a similar situation with DPD who apparently dropped off a 'missed' delivery to a parcel shop that doesn't have it.
  26. Avatar
    Author
    Ashbeck31/12/2021 15:21

Reading the thread it sounds like you didn't get anything for the £1 …Reading the thread it sounds like you didn't get anything for the £1 On a serious note I hope it makes its way to you. In a similar situation with DPD who apparently dropped off a 'missed' delivery to a parcel shop that doesn't have it.

Thank you for brightening my day
  27. Avatar
    So, basically, we're at a season finale cliffhanger!

Tune in next year to see what happens?

Happy New Year viewers !!!
  28. Avatar
    I think u will be fine and will receive it, he will be busy and probably fudging his device, do u live in the sticks (ie rural), delivery drivers are generally good as gold, the only problems arise when companies use agency drivers as most of them don’t give a toss…(ie lead up to Xmas) give the driver a bit of rope and see wat happens in the next cpl of days. If u still don’t receive it phone customer service.
  29. Avatar
    Mark_Hickman31/12/2021 15:12

Just heard back from them and im pretty sure my guess was pretty spot on, …Just heard back from them and im pretty sure my guess was pretty spot on, they are claiming the parcel is now presumably lost and wouldn't comment on the chat they've had with their driver.The parcel was clearly scanned at every stop and put on the drivers van and he or an automated system marked it delivered yesterday and now its magically disappeared, yeah right.Now i have to call and deal with very customer services who are dreadful and hope i can get a replacement soon I dont know who would spend £449 but i got it for -£1

Very were good when I had an issue with my ps5. The controller was drifting, I rang up for a replacement and originally they wanted me to send the whole console in, they then changed their mind and let me keep the broken control and sent me a cheque for £60 so i could buy another
  30. Avatar
    Author
    matthew.jones2131/12/2021 17:24

Very were good when I had an issue with my ps5. The controller was …Very were good when I had an issue with my ps5. The controller was drifting, I rang up for a replacement and originally they wanted me to send the whole console in, they then changed their mind and let me keep the broken control and sent me a cheque for £60 so i could buy another

Called them this afternoon and they were surprisingly good with me too, as expected they said they cant replace it straight away as they need to investigate it with yodel.
    But shes double checked my email address and said she will be in touch with me once yodel confirm its being labelled as lost.
    Fingers crossed for a redelivery by next weekend
  31. Avatar
    Dont Yodel take pictures of packages on the door step now ? Ask to see the pic if they claim to have delivered it.
  32. Avatar
    Author
    redserpent31/12/2021 21:21

Dont Yodel take pictures of packages on the door step now ? Ask to see the …Dont Yodel take pictures of packages on the door step now ? Ask to see the pic if they claim to have delivered it.

Im not sure, i never use yodal normally.
    Im sure most couriers are at the moment though due to covid stopping signatures.
    They weren't too bothered about finding out whats happened just said its now lost, as mentioned above its probably agency staff and theres not much they can do i guess
  33. Avatar
    A couple of years ago, a similar thing happened to me.

I had ordered a mobile that was due to be delivered by Yodel. I waited all day, and finally got an email confirmation of delivery.

Except, it hadn't. I was in all day. The van came and parked outside. The driver remained in the van for 30 seconds and then drove off. GPS confirmed he was at my address.

Luckily, I had CCTV, which showed the driver parked and stayed in his cab and drove off without delivery

Took ages, but finally, Yodel accepted the theft and my video evidence
    The issue was that the retailer didn't want anything to do with it - as far as they were concerned, Yodel had confirmed the mobile had been delivered, even though Yodel admitted their confirmation was false

I had to get my credit card company involved in the end, as neither Yodel nor the retailer wanted to refund me.

Good luck, OP. Yodel should be banned.
  34. Avatar
    This has happened to me, reported delivered but hadn’t been. Driver brought it the next day.
  35. Avatar
    Moral of the story, there might be a worst sheriff in town (than Hermes, that is), speaking from experience of a lost parcel for days and then miraculously found (after I threatened nuclear strike) .
    So when you press that buy button on purchases delivered by Yodel, feel that rush that your are in Las Vegas betting your house on a poker game.
    When you think that the triad Hermes/Collect +/InPost cannot get any worst along comes along the new kid in town to take their cake and eat it too.

You know that advert with the Swiss guy in the letherhosen that Yodels across the mountains, well that might just be your shipping experience
    Edited by: "JonDacasco" 2nd Jan
  36. Avatar
    I've had to subscribe now to see the resolution.
    Knowing yodel they'll just hope you go away and either Very or your credit card will sort.
  37. Avatar
    Author
    jrw02/01/2022 12:14

I've had to subscribe now to see the resolution. Knowing yodel they'll …I've had to subscribe now to see the resolution. Knowing yodel they'll just hope you go away and either Very or your credit card will sort.

Im still waiting on very who are apparently going to email me after they've sorted things with yodel, i was told by yodal customer services who called me back ( wouldn't give me number to depot direct ) they said the local depot spoke to driver but wouldn't tell me anything other than its now going down as lost.
    But when i spoke to very customer services, they said they can see more detail than me on tracking and apparently in the day just after they called me and said its lost they changed it to rejected
  38. Avatar
    Mark_Hickman:

Im still waiting on very who are apparently going to email me after they've sorted things with yodel, i was told by yodal customer services who called me back ( wouldn't give me number to depot direct ) they said the local depot spoke to driver but wouldn't tell me anything other than its now going down as lost.
    But when i spoke to very customer services, they said they can see more detail than me on tracking and apparently in the day just after they called me and said its lost they changed it to rejected

Sounds to me like the driver has returned it to the depot (probably to keep his job) and they'll send back to Very as they'll claim you rejected it.

Let's hope Very sort it out.
  39. Avatar
    OP, any updates on what has happened, did you get your soundbar in the end or even a refund instead?
  40. Avatar
    Author
    Haircut_10023/01/2022 22:26

OP, any updates on what has happened, did you get your soundbar in the end …OP, any updates on what has happened, did you get your soundbar in the end or even a refund instead?

Yes got a replacement the weekend after, thanks for asking.
    Sounds great too but certainly wouldn't pay £450 for it though, glad i got it for cheap
Post a comment
Top Merchants